Rumor: Patrick Peterson to be traded or not or maybe

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Larry have leveraged this organization for every dime he could get out of it...he just wasn't as vocal about it.

Which is the exact point he was making with this statement.

What are the Cardinals NOT doing for Peterson at the moment besides fielding a competitive team ?

He is paid top 4 in the league at his position, and there is ZERO reason to believe they will not pay him next year.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Oh boy. What a week so far. Everyone at work keeps asking me why I'm so stressed.

Why would you be stressed unless you are a Cardinal employee? It’s not life or death news here. Definitely nothing to be stressed about

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why would you be stressed unless you are a Cardinal employee? It’s not life or death news here. Definitely nothing to be stressed about
Well, it's been a stressful day at work nonetheless, but I love the Cardinals and seeing them absolutely trash out the roster means my entire football season is ruined before it even gets going.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So-o-o

A bunch of social media transmittals from yesteryear surface, and a bunch of current and former Cardinals are found to have said nasty things about the FO and how these players were treated.

Is that what went down?

Were these dudes, in fact, treated unfairly?

Have any of them mentioned since then that perhaps they overreactted and regret saying what they said?

Is this important? Or is it merely a bunch of employees bitching and moaning about the company and the boss?

Does it deserve a response by the team or is it BS?

Should we be concerned worried etc? Or is this just predraft mischief?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
R E L A X
Meh. All of my buddies get together on Sundays, play fantasy football together, it's one of the best days of my week, but it's no fun to be around when my team is just constantly getting trashed and I can't get anywhere to even broadcast the game.

I mean, why are we here if we're not passionate fans?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. All of my buddies get together on Sundays, play fantasy football together, it's one of the best days of my week, but it's no fun to be around when my team is just constantly getting trashed and I can't get anywhere to even broadcast the game.

I mean, why are we here if we're not passionate fans?

I'm with you but we know nothing yet. Best to wait and see than to let it impact you before anything even happens.

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
If we could get a first round pick for PP do it in a heartbeat. And then trade that first round pick and our first pick in the second round to move in the top 4 and get both Murray and either Williams , Bosa, or Allen

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So-o-o

A bunch of social media transmittals from yesteryear surface, and a bunch of current and former Cardinals are found to have said nasty things about the FO and how these players were treated.

Is that what went down?

Were these dudes, in fact, treated unfairly?

Have any of them mentioned since then that perhaps they overreactted and regret saying what they said?

Is this important? Or is it merely a bunch of employees bitching and moaning about the company and the boss?

Does it deserve a response by the team or is it BS?

Should we be concerned worried etc? Or is this just predraft mischief?

Based on the former player comments - I think they are all pissed at Keim. Not exactly sure why though.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we could get a first round pick for PP do it in a heartbeat. And then trade that first round pick and our first pick in the second round to move in the top 4 and get both Murray and either Williams , Bosa, or Allen

Brilliant!

Sounds like the 'trade Fitz brain farts' in years past.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think all of this is misinformation which has trickled down to Peterson and Peterson is still sensitive from the falling out of last season. A majority of the NFL teams have some diva in them unless your winning and your coach is named Belicheck

Reaction score
Well, it's been a stressful day at work nonetheless, but I love the Cardinals and seeing them absolutely trash out the roster means my entire football season is ruined before it even gets going.

Just remember to breathe Solar. At least that's what my wife tells me to do when I'm stressed from work. ;)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Go back to non guaranteed contracts. You don't see this behavior in the NBA or MLB because of it. If there was ever a league that deserved guaranteed contracts, it is the NFL, considering the punishment they put on their bodies.
Don't agree. They earn every penny of those guaranteed dollars in the MLB. 162 games plus playoffs and spring training is no walk in the park. Shannon Sharpe even admitted to this.. guys sign contracts for a reason. I think it's simple..some guys greed and ego run a little deeper than others.. Just a little weak to blame it on non guaranteed vs guaranteed.. But thats Jmo

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Brilliant!

Sounds like the 'trade Fitz brain farts' in years past.

I guess you don't agree with the Belichik philosophy of trading veterans before their marketability decreases rather than after they are over the hill.This is the last year PP has any trade value to us(2 years left on contract) and we should take advantage while we can. And to compare PP to Fitz does Fitz a great disservice

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you don't agree with the Belichik philosophy of trading veterans before their marketability decreases rather than after they are over the hill.This is the last year PP has any trade value to us(2 years left on contract) and we should take advantage while we can. And to compare PP to Fitz does Fitz a great disservice

the problem with releasing and all pro and potential HOF player is that you likely get a marginal player in return.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

PP21 is putting together a Hall of Fame career; some disservice.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
PP21 at a celebrity golf tournament for ex-yankee Derek Jeter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave