Top 7 Players in the NBA Draft

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At seven, I almost want to trade the pick for a veteran PG.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Suns are picking at 5,6, or 7 I think they should select Bol Bol. He was one of the top potential picks before his injury. Very high upside!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Who in the entire league do you think we could get for the #7 in this draft? Seriously.
That's what I have been saying! Evidently, there are some that think we could trade for Harden or other top players, LMAO! Just kidding, but sometimes there's people who overvalue all our assests.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I look at Garland, the more I like him.

Dude can handle and shoot extremely well. He is Kyrie like.

His distributing and defense aren't so great though. Still I am thinking the suns should take him at 4 or below. I think the fact he only played 5 games is keeping is value much lower than it should be.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I look at Garland, the more I like him.

Dude can handle and shoot extremely well. He is Kyrie like.

His distributing and defense aren't so great though. Still I am thinking the suns should take him at 4 or below. I think the fact he only played 5 games is keeping is value much lower than it should be.
https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/winner/darius-garland/36457

I think his passing is underrated. He barely got started this year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At seven, I almost want to trade the pick for a veteran PG.

If Barrett is there at #3 and the Suns land in that spot, it might be wise to trade his rights for a point guard or power forward. He is not a good shooter. In that regard he reminds me of Josh Jackson. The Suns need to draft players already skilled.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, the Suns reportedly prefer Morant over Zion. It's hard to believe the Suns would pass on Zion if they land at number 1.

According to Sam Vecenie of The Athletic, sources around the NBA are buzzing that Morant is actually the player the Suns prefer to end up with. Recently-hired general manager James Jones is thought to be a fan of the young guard and given their need at the point guard position, it’s possible Phoenix could do the unheard-of and pass on the 6-foot-7, 285-pound monster out of Duke University.

https://clutchpoints.com/suns-news-phoenix-reportedly-prefers-ja-morant-over-zion-williamson/

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For what it is worth, the Suns reportedly prefer Morant over Zion. It's hard to believe the Suns would pass on Zion if they land at number 1.

According to Sam Vecenie of The Athletic, sources around the NBA are buzzing that Morant is actually the player the Suns prefer to end up with. Recently-hired general manager James Jones is thought to be a fan of the young guard and given their need at the point guard position, it’s possible Phoenix could do the unheard-of and pass on the 6-foot-7, 285-pound monster out of Duke University.

https://clutchpoints.com/suns-news-phoenix-reportedly-prefers-ja-morant-over-zion-williamson/

If this is true, it confirms my worst fears about James Jones. Whether or not James Jones is saved from himself (AGAIN, as he was with the whole Brooks debacle) by the Suns not getting the #1 overall pick, this does not at all bode well for us. It also confirms that if we get Morant, Jones will foolishly hand him the starting point guard position and not acquire a veteran point guard.

Sadly, thanks to Jones' incompetence, we are now actually better off if the Suns do NOT get a top 3 pick (unless, of course, Jones then trades away the farm, i.e. Jackson, Bridges and future picks to move up to draft and then miscast Morant).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Pure smoke screen. It would be like taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Who would do that? :)

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If this is true, it confirms my worst fears about James Jones. Whether or not James Jones is saved from himself (AGAIN, as he was with the whole Brooks debacle) by the Suns not getting the #1 overall pick, this does not at all bode well for us. It also confirms that if we get Morant, Jones will foolishly hand him the starting point guard position and not acquire a veteran point guard.

Sadly, thanks to Jones' incompetence, we are now actually better off if the Suns do NOT get a top 3 pick (unless, of course, Jones then trades away the farm, i.e. Jackson, Bridges and future picks to move up to draft and then miscast Morant).
Did you read the article or just the headline?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pure smoke screen. It would be like taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Who would do that? :)

Given that Oubre was Plan B to Dillon-freaking-Brooks, I think we know the answer...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did you read the article or just the headline?

The article, which really doesn't say anything beyond what was quoted in the post in terms of James Jones and the Suns' thinking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If they flat out choose morant over Zion James jones deserves to have goats sh*t on his head until he’s dead.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If they flat out choose morant over Zion James jones deserves to have goats sh*t on his head until he’s dead.

I wouldn't give him the chance. If this report is true, I would demote Jones and put Bower in charge.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about if the Suns get #1 and the Pels get #2. #1 and Johnson and the Suns next year's #1 for #2 and the Brow.

Only if the Brow is signed long term and wants to be here, and then yes, I would do that.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How about if the Suns get #1 and the Pels get #2. #1 and Johnson and the Suns next year's #1 for #2 and the Brow.

Except the brow might leave after next season, leaving us essentially with Morant in exchange for Zion and next year's first round pick. Not a good deal. I'd be all over it if the Brow was willing to sign an extension, but I highly doubt he would.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Suns like Morant and would gladly take him at #2, but I don't think the Suns would pass on a franchise player in Zion at #1.

Writers are looking to write about things this time of the year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think the Suns would pass on Zion at #1. If so, the Suns will be shopping for a new GM.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson