Game of Thrones (HBO)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
one more day...yeehaw.

HBO has been running a marathon all week in which they are playing one season per day. Season six is today, last night of course, Jon Snow was killed..
the seasons start at 10am pacific time if you are interested...a bit later if you switch to HBO west.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
one more day...yeehaw.

HBO has been running a marathon all week in which they are playing one season per day. Season six is today, last night of course, Jon Snow was killed..
the seasons start at 10am pacific time if you are interested...a bit later if you switch to HBO west.
one more day...yeehaw.

Jon Snow is dead? Spoilers, you bastard! SPOILERS lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Today is the day!!!

is YIPPEEEEEE out of fashion??

season 7 on all day,....followed by the premier of season 8 at 9pm eastern.

winter is here

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Great episode....sets up the season well. That last scene was awesome. I can see why Bran is the favorite in Vegas to be on the iron throne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Good set up episode. Once again, I couldn’t believe an hour had gone once it ended. I guess neither Jon or Danaerys realize only a Targaryen can ride a dragon?

Going to really miss this show when it’s done.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Good set up episode. Once again, I couldn’t believe an hour had gone once it ended. I guess neither Jon or Danaerys realize only a Targaryen can ride a dragon?

Going to really miss this show when it’s done.

Agree about the episode.

Maybe in the show only a Targ can do so, but buried in the many awful Targ stories and novellas George has written, it so happens that this is not necessarily the case.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved the episode. The new open sequence was cool too! I can't believe they are going to wrap this up in five more episodes.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AWESOME!

Loved the look on Jamie's face when he saw Bran for the first time since knocking him off the window.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great premiere episode, IMO. It helped put everyone in place so the rest of the season should be full of action. I hope that's how everything plays out, at least. It felt short but apparently it was the normal length. I guess waiting 2 years though made whatever we got seem a little smaller than what we wanted.

I quite liked one reunion and wanted to ask about something and share something from it also, I'll post a spoiler thing for it....

It was good to see Arya and Gendry reunited. They were 2 characters I forgot about as far as reunions I was looking forward to seeing. However I thought the Arya and Hound reunion could have been a little better but I'm fairly certain I was hoping for more from them then I was going to get. It would have been out of character to see them talk a lot.

Here is the drawing that Arya gave Gendry. I've heard some guess this will be dragon glass on one end and valyrian steel on the other but if that's the case then it seems a little odd he gave her a hard time over the dagger she had. Maybe I'm reading too much into that though. It doesn't list valyrian steel like it does dragon glass on the drawing though. It doesn't look like a staff either. She trained with a staff in the Faceless Man place so asking for something like that would make some sense but this looks a little like the dagger she has also.

You must be registered for see images attach

I hope the image stays in the spoiler tag though. What do others think of what that will be and who she uses it on?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great premiere episode, IMO. It helped put everyone in place so the rest of the season should be full of action. I hope that's how everything plays out, at least. It felt short but apparently it was the normal length. I guess waiting 2 years though made whatever we got seem a little smaller than what we wanted.

I quite liked one reunion and wanted to ask about something and share something from it also, I'll post a spoiler thing for it....

It was good to see Arya and Gendry reunited. They were 2 characters I forgot about as far as reunions I was looking forward to seeing. However I thought the Arya and Hound reunion could have been a little better but I'm fairly certain I was hoping for more from them then I was going to get. It would have been out of character to see them talk a lot.

Here is the drawing that Arya gave Gendry. I've heard some guess this will be dragon glass on one end and valyrian steel on the other but if that's the case then it seems a little odd he gave her a hard time over the dagger she had. Maybe I'm reading too much into that though. It doesn't list valyrian steel like it does dragon glass on the drawing though. It doesn't look like a staff either. She trained with a staff in the Faceless Man place so asking for something like that would make some sense but this looks a little like the dagger she has also.

You must be registered for see images attach

I hope the image stays in the spoiler tag though. What do others think of what that will be and who she uses it on?

Maybe, since it appears that the dragonglass is detachable, it's some sort of ranged weapon for the zombie dragon or the Night King.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was Ned to Jon just before he left for King's Landing wasn't it?

Yup

Maybe, since it appears that the dragonglass is detachable, it's some sort of ranged weapon for the zombie dragon or the Night King.

I did not even consider her for that job, with the dragon, and now that I have I don't think I'd want to see anyone else take it out. However I don't think that was the point of the weapon though. I don't think she would be cocky enough to try to take down a dragon after just learning of their existence. She's been on the move a lot and I don't believe she ever got word of Dany's dragons before seeing them then. I could be wrong about that though.

I can definitely see her making a move for the Night King though. She knows about him and she knows killing him could end the war, which is what I believe she's after right now. She's still got her list and ending the war would allow her a chance to kill Cersei if she still desired or to finally rest and be "Arya Stark".

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Has anyone read the theories that Bran is the Night King? Interesting stuff.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yup

I did not even consider her for that job, with the dragon, and now that I have I don't think I'd want to see anyone else take it out. However I don't think that was the point of the weapon though. I don't think she would be cocky enough to try to take down a dragon after just learning of their existence. She's been on the move a lot and I don't believe she ever got word of Dany's dragons before seeing them then. I could be wrong about that though.

I can definitely see her making a move for the Night King though. She knows about him and she knows killing him could end the war, which is what I believe she's after right now. She's still got her list and ending the war would allow her a chance to kill Cersei if she still desired or to finally rest and be "Arya Stark".
I also think she is going to kill the night king...she was given a valerian steel dagger for a reason

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Good golly miss molly this show is good. The comedic elements hit and I could feel the nervousness in my plums. Bittersweet that this is ending soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA