Arizona Basketball 2019-2020

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Moving on from the tire fire that was last season.

It is a strong possibility that everyone eligible from last season comes back for next season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Moving on from the tire fire that was last season.

It is a strong possibility that everyone eligible from last season comes back for next season.

I don't know if that's a good thing. Outside of Williams and Jeter, who are starter worthy, I guess Lee, Randolph and Doutrive would make okay depth.

I really hope Smith is done. Barcello does nothing for me. I thought Akot and Thielemans were huge losses.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I don't know if that's a good thing. Outside of Williams and Jeter, who are starter worthy, I guess Lee, Randolph and Doutrive would make okay depth.

I really hope Smith is done. Barcello does nothing for me. I thought Akot and Thielemans were huge losses.

You could do a lot worse than Barcello as your 9th or 10th guy in the rotation.

I do wish that Smith transfers

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Miller-Cronin rivalry gonna be lit.

It would be fun if they hired Cronin from that alone but I don't think he's the guy. It sounds like Dixon although I still say my off the cuff comment is don't be surprised if it's Shaka Smart. They didn't get the guys they wanted, they're in the let's float names and see what the reaction time is and right now nobody seems thrilled.

Cronin would certainly be funny to go against Miller though as they still apparently hate each other. There'd be lots of what the hell is wrong with you moments

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

A soulless ginger he is not

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
McConnell was great but Nico is the best PG since Bayless. Hoping the NCAA investigation takes two years.

There’s no way the NCAA will finish its investigation in the next year. Too many schools involved for a thorough investigation to be done that quickly

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

Big pick up. Excellent shooter

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hazzard will provide some nice depth. Now hoping Jordan Brown decides to transfer to the UofA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Big pick up. Excellent shooter

Nice depth at the point. What we really need, though, is some more size up front.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeter staying next year. That helps tremendously. That being said, I still think we need one more power forward or center.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
It’s official. Brandon Williams is done for the year, maybe longer.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Whoa... what happened?
He has had a degenerative condition in his knee since high school. Had surgery. Potential that this is career-ending. Family is exhausting all options before making that determination.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He has had a degenerative condition in his knee since high school. Had surgery. Potential that this is career-ending. Family is exhausting all options before making that determination.

Wow... feel bad for the kid..

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s a big loss but the alternative was him playing at 60-ish% and probably missing several games at a time. On a personal level it’s really sucks because he probably had pro potential down the line and would’ve had a great college career without this condition.

Nico and Josh have to be Bayless/Gordon-level freshman for this team to be a threat.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Williams missed his entire junior season of high school after having knee surgery to correct a congenital knee condition called osteochondritis dissecans, in which bone underneath the cartilage of a joint dies due to lack of blood flow.

Got that from a UA site. FIrst I've seen it spelled out exactly what was up with the knee, I guess they found it after the ACL tear. Edit apparently it's not actually official he did have an ACL tear they never really confirmed what injury he had in HS people just assumed ACL because he missed a full season. So that may have been the problem in HS too.

Really bad break and now the potential retirement rumors make sense. Hope the kid is able to play again

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bummed for the young man.

Hope he’s smart and makes the most out of his education.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose