If Rosen is traded

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Rosen is traded and "the annointed one" Murray drafted then how comfortable will the fans be with Brett Hundley starting until "supermurray" is ready to run the show? Are all you Murrayites goin to be patient enough to let KM watch and learn for a few games or longer when he has problems adjusting to the NFL? Do you really expect him to come in and start immediately? Is it better for his possible long term development to watch and learn for a while instead of jumping in the fire immediately and possibly getting the Tim Couch/David Carr treatment.Both guys got brutally handled by the NFl..Couch lasted 5 or 6 yeaers but he never was what was expected.David Carr hung on for 10 plus years mostly as a backuop his last several years.You just don`t know how a rookie QB will hold up.Expecting Murray to come in a be like Mayfield is a longer shot than murray coming in and being like Goffs rookie year.A lot more rookie QBs struggle than take the league by storm.

I don’t think there is a right vs wrong when it comes to starting vs sitting. Russell Wilson started out of the gate, Aaron Rodgers sat for years.

If a player has what it takes to play in this league I lean towards starting them immediately and accelerating the learning curve. I think you can only grow so much by holding a clipboard. The real growth comes from actual game experience.

With that said, if Murray is the pick and starts out of the gate, I’ll be honest in saying I would expect the first 8 games to be quite mediocre as he adjusts to the speed and athletes of the NFL.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
If Murray does start from day one and gets the expected rude awakening from the NFL will you Murray fans be able to handle a 3-13 or 6-10 season from the anointed one? Can Murray handle the critics ripping his play and dissecting every move and throw? being under the microscope every day and the pressure of being the number one pick?Can he handle being in a losing situation for likely the first time ever?
Dont forget too a Rookie head coach calling the plays I said earlier 3 and 13 will be generous and will stand by that sure a lot of experience assistant coaches Really good but KK will be on his own island for the entire season

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 and 13 is generous more than likely 2 and 14 this team is damn full of holes and what ifs that it will take years not months to correct and yet Murray all by himself will fix everything GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK
Is this hyperbole to convince others or yourself? Lol

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Whatever your view Pro Murray/non-Murray..expecting a big turnaround with a rookie Qb is the exception rather than the rule.That is fact.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Murray does start from day one and gets the expected rude awakening from the NFL will you Murray fans be able to handle a 3-13 or 6-10 season from the anointed one? Can Murray handle the critics ripping his play and dissecting every move and throw? being under the microscope every day and the pressure of being the number one pick?Can he handle being in a losing situation for likely the first time ever?

It does not matter if us fans can handle it (and we will not in classic melodramatic fashion), but does Murray after feeling on top of the world if the Cinderella story is more pumpkin patch during his growing pains of adjusting as any rookie... hence, is he weak minded with failure on a national scale and runs back to baseball

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think with the combination of kinsbury innovative playcalling and the talent of murray this team can kick some ass, many defensive coordinators will go crazy trying to figure out what to do
i cant wait to see u guys gettin so excited about this new chapter , especially the skeptical quartet @BW52 @Delmar M Lewis @Shane @Solar7

Last edited:

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
No just stating the facts if anyone actually thinks that this team as constructed right now is a lot better than last year the I have have some swamp land in Arizona for sale and Murray will not make it that much better He isnt That Freaking good!!!!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever your view Pro Murray/non-Murray..expecting a big turnaround with a rookie Qb is the exception rather than the rule.That is fact.
I don't think there are alot of POVs thinking we will have some huge turnaround, either way...I definitely feel like a Murray can buy you a couple more wins than a Rosen though.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In a year it will déjà vu, all over again. The KM cultists will be saying he didn't have a fair chance and the rest of the board will be looking forward to drafting a QB who can see over, not under the O-line.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think there is a right vs wrong when it comes to starting vs sitting. Russell Wilson started out of the gate, Aaron Rodgers sat for years.

If a player has what it takes to play in this league I lean towards starting them immediately and accelerating the learning curve. I think you can only grow so much by holding a clipboard. The real growth comes from actual game experience.

With that said, if Murray is the pick and starts out of the gate, I’ll be honest in saying I would expect the first 8 games to be quite mediocre as he adjusts to the speed and athletes of the NFL.

There's a much better chance that during the first 8 games that the NFL will need to adjust to Murray, as opposed to Murray adjusting to the speed of the NFL.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No just stating the facts if anyone actually thinks that this team as constructed right now is a lot better than last year the I have have some swamp land in Arizona for sale and Murray will not make it that much better He isnt That Freaking good!!!!
Why is it hard to believe that we aren't? They haven't played any games yet, last I checked.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
i think with the combination of kinsbury innovative playcalling and the talent of murray this team can kick some ass, many defensive coordinators will go crazy trying to figure out what to do
i cant wait to see u guys gettin so excited about this new chapter , especially the perplexed duo @BW52 and @Delmar M Lewis

Perplexed?Certainly nnot.I am IRONCLAD ROCK SOLID not wanting Murray as the Cards pick.I REFUSE the Murray :koolaid: and :barf: at the thought of him being the choice.So you and your Jonesian cult won`t get me.Back you evil creature.I will never go to the dark side:jedi:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3 and 13 is generous more than likely 2 and 14 this team is damn full of holes and what ifs that it will take years not months to correct and yet Murray all by himself will fix everything GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK

I would agree with you if Wilks were still there. If Murray is our QB, we will be at least 8-8. And that is being conservative.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a year it will déjà vu, all over again. The KM cultists will be saying he didn't have a fair chance and the rest of the board will be looking forward to drafting a QB who can see over, not under the O-line.
Same for the Rosen Kool aid drinkers! They will be ready to give him more leeway and state he was put in a system not suited to his strengths. Goes both ways my friend.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

I believe we are heavily improved on defense and have made improvements on Oline and TE

Since last year we have new starters at:

S
CB
MLB
OLB
DT
TE
RG
RT

This team should see improvement regardless of who is QB

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perplexed?Certainly nnot.I am IRONCLAD ROCK SOLID not wanting Murray as the Cards pick.I REFUSE the Murray :koolaid: and :barf: at the thought of him being the choice.So you and your Jonesian cult won`t get me.Back you evil creature.I will never go to the dark side:jedi:

sorry i wanted to say skeptical, forgive me for my limited vocabulary, but with u guys i learned many new words and idioms, so this site was like a school for me and it still be

and its not the dark side, players come and go but the arizona cardinals are always there

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Did you not watch last year's coaching staff closely enough?? Probably the worst coaching staff top to bottom that has ever been assembled, in ANY sport, EVER. Just changing the coaching staff adds 2-3 wins without even changing the personnel.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
And 2 things just read Washington is supposedly closing in on a deal for Rosen then 22 minutes later Rosen is Indeed expected to report on Monday for OTA's
ESPN is saying he will report while NJ .com is saying the Redskins are closing in on the deal for Rosen it would involve the 15th pick plus others though they were not specific

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he isn't the pick then hopefully we get a ransom for him and build up the team around Rosen.

Then I hope that Rosen has a Matt Stafford level of improvement over the next few years.

If not then we will be drafting a new QB in 2 years

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And 2 things just read Washington is supposedly closing in on a deal for Rosen then 22 minutes later Rosen is Indeed expected to report on Monday for OTA's

Yes both things are correct.

Washington is trying to trade for Rosen but they aren't offering enough so he will be reporting on Monday as he is still part of the Cardinals

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Did you not watch last year's coaching staff closely enough?? Probably the worst coaching staff top to bottom that has ever been assembled, in ANY sport, EVER. Just changing the coaching staff adds 2-3 wins without even changing the personnel.

Along with a lack of talent/injuries...why Rosen should get an opportunity to thrive under KK.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hmm...

I believe we are heavily improved on defense and have made improvements on Oline and TE

Since last year we have new starters at:

S
CB
MLB
OLB
DT
TE
RG
RT

This team should see improvement regardless of who is QB

Not to mention an innovative playcaller. Kingsbury teams routinely scored 40 points a game.

When he signed on, I was listening to an interview with AQ Shipley. He stated that people across the NFL like Andy Reid have been going to Kingsbury for years for wrinkles to add to their offense. IMO college has surpassed the NFL for innovative playcalling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose