If Rosen is traded

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If Rosen is traded and "the annointed one" Murray drafted then how comfortable will the fans be with Brett Hundley starting until "supermurray" is ready to run the show? Are all you Murrayites goin to be patient enough to let KM watch and learn for a few games or longer when he has problems adjusting to the NFL? Do you really expect him to come in and start immediately? Is it better for his possible long term development to watch and learn for a while instead of jumping in the fire immediately and possibly getting the Tim Couch/David Carr treatment.Both guys got brutally handled by the NFl..Couch lasted 5 or 6 yeaers but he never was what was expected.David Carr hung on for 10 plus years mostly as a backuop his last several years.You just don`t know how a rookie QB will hold up.Expecting Murray to come in a be like Mayfield is a longer shot than murray coming in and being like Goffs rookie year.A lot more rookie QBs struggle than take the league by storm.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It sucks for Rosen, but if Murray is the pick, he'll likely have a better offensive line than last year.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It sucks for Rosen, but if Murray is the pick, he'll likely have a better offensive line than last year.

It's funny I was thinking kind of the same thing.

If you're Rosen, after going through last year's nightmare, and facing a lot of uncertainty this year, would you really mind that much if you were traded?

Does Rosen have "tremendous confidence" in the Cardinal's front office?

It would be a double-edged sword, and I guess he might choose to stay put if given the option, but going to an organization that was light years ahead of ARZ last year (e.g. WAS) must have at least a little appeal.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's funny I was thinking kind of the same thing.

If you're Rosen, after going through last year's nightmare, and facing a lot of uncertainty this year, would you really mind that much if you were traded?

Does Rosen have "tremendous confidence" in the Cardinal's front office?

It would be a double-edged sword, and I guess he might choose to stay put if given the option, but going to an organization that was light years ahead of ARZ last year (e.g. WAS) must have at least a little appeal.

He'll want out and rightly so. IMO.

Where?

Anywhere that's prepared to give him a chance and not cut and run.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
If what everyone says is true about him, he'll also be our starting CB opposite PP and maybe even a third wideout complimenting Fitz and Kirk.
And linebackers oh hell let's just get rid of the team because we don't need them with Murray he is Superman wont ever get hit wont ever get injured wont ever have a in complete pass will run for a 100 touchdowns hell let's just rename the Murray Cardinals and have the Murray bowl with the Murray trophy awarded to him forever more

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And linebackers oh hell let's just get rid of the team because we don't need them with Murray he is Superman wont ever get hit wont ever get injured wont ever have a in complete pass will run for a 100 touchdowns hell let's just rename the Murray Cardinals and have the Murray bowl with the Murray trophy awarded to him forever more

bravo, finally u start to understand
murray so quick and agile that make pass rushers looks impotent
so u can call him super mario murray

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over half the NFL used more than one QB last year. It's more likely than not that Hundley plays at some point whether its Rosen or Murray

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not quite sure how much better it will be. I don’t think Gilbert & Sweezey move the needle much especially if Gilbert can’t stay healthy. Barring ARZ using early round picks on top OL prospects I would say the jury is still out on the OL. I agree that coaching will be better as Clements is a huge upgrade over McCoy.

Hoping all the Murray talk is one hell of a smoke screen but if Murray is the pick hopefully ARZ trades down a few spots to take him , get a massive haul in the process and get a Top 15 pick for Rosen.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If Murray does start from day one and gets the expected rude awakening from the NFL will you Murray fans be able to handle a 3-13 or 6-10 season from the anointed one? Can Murray handle the critics ripping his play and dissecting every move and throw? being under the microscope every day and the pressure of being the number one pick?Can he handle being in a losing situation for likely the first time ever?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
bravo, finally u start to understand
murray so quick and agile that make pass rushers looks impotent
so u can call him super mario murray
He is so fast has such great mechanics and so accurate that he will go down in history as the only QB to never have a incomplete pass because he can run and catch it after he throws it around under and over every O lineman and defensive player they just might as well give up we will go undefeated every year that he plays

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Murray does start from day one and gets the expected rude awakening from the NFL will you Murray fans be able to handle a 3-13 or 6-10 season from the anointed one? Can Murray handle the critics ripping his play and dissecting every move and throw? being under the microscope every day and the pressure of being the number one pick? Can he handle being in a losing situation for likely the first time ever?

Our Vegas over under on wins right now is 5 with Rosen as our QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cardinals cannot trade down. Do not be surprised if Shanahan/Niners take Murray at 2 should we pass. Shanahan knows talent & completely understands how special Murray is. Garrapalo is good, but Niners are not 100% sold he can hold up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But to answer your question, since I am expecting about 6-7 wins this year then if we get that from either QB I am cool with it.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
If Murray does start from day one and gets the expected rude awakening from the NFL will you Murray fans be able to handle a 3-13 or 6-10 season from the anointed one? Can Murray handle the critics ripping his play and dissecting every move and throw? being under the microscope every day and the pressure of being the number one pick?Can he handle being in a losing situation for likely the first time ever?
3 and 13 is generous more than likely 2 and 14 this team is damn full of holes and what ifs that it will take years not months to correct and yet Murray all by himself will fix everything GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 and 13 is generous more than likely 2 and 14 this team is damn full of and what ifs that it will take years not months to correct and yet Murray all but himself will fix everything GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK

Well again:

Bad QBs make 5 win teams into 3 win teams.

Average QBs stay at the team's level of talent.

Good QBs enhance an otherwise poor team.

It's why QB is the most important position on the field

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose