Murray may not run at Pro Day Today (3/13)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
i can understand people thinking he's so special he can overcome his size limitations... but just flat out blowing them off as if they're not even somewhat concerning? Yeah... that's cuckoo to me.

Maybe blinded by the hype?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. It’s just like people are screaming “he’s Russel Wilson! We swear,” but refusing to believe there’s any kind of precedent to show that Wilson is extremely hard to replicate.

Look at his college numbers. If you go by those he is better than Wilson. That is all we have to go off of.

Could he suck, sure could.

Guess what so could Bosa.

The first pick is about maximizing its value. A potential franchise QB is what maximizes value.

Murray WILL be picked first. The only question is if the cards pick him or trade the pick.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at his college numbers. If you go by those he is better than Wilson. That is all we have to go off of.

The first pick is about maximizing its value. A potential franchise QB is what maximizes value.

Murray WILL be picked first. The only question is if the cards pick him or trade the pick.

Got a crystal ball In Your pocket do ya?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got a crystal ball In Your pocket do ya?

No. Do all of you have reading comprehension problems?

I said he could suck.

It’s a gamble, but smart people take the gamble that has the best return for the possible risk.

Oh you are referring to my call of him being the first pick. Well I am going off history, the fact the raiders had a meeting with Murray today, and what every draft guy says is going to happen.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Talking about Kyler is like wandering into the P&R forum. At this point in the game we are just arguing for arguments sake.

I think the dude is the truth. And that he did have one of the most dominating seasons the college game has ever seen. He won the Heisman for it. Won the Dave O’Brien award. AP & USA Today POY awards. In HS he was a 3x state title winner, 2x Mr. Texas and was the Gatorade POY as a senior.

His .cv cannot be questioned IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I said he could suck.

It’s a gamble, but smart people take the gamble that has the best return for the possible risk.

No but you unequivocally stated that he would be the number one pick. Well poo I don’t know why we even bother reading here if you know everything thats going to happen. No debate needed.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking about Kyler is like wandering into the P&R forum. At this point in the game we are just arguing for arguments sake.

I think the dude is the truth. And that he did have one of the most dominating seasons the college game has ever seen. He won the Heisman for it. Won the Dave O’Brien award. AP & USA Today POY awards. In HS he was a 3x state title winner, 2x Mr. Texas and was the Gatorade POY as a senior.

His .cv cannot be questioned IMO.

Why do you the Chargers fan and every other Murray backer keep citing and re-typing out his past accomplishments at inferior levels? Is it to try and strengthen your argument for guaranteeing his NFL success??

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

He is no where close to Wilson when you look at those stats in the actual passes thrown. Wilson was the personification of accuracy, I mean those where pretty and concise and Wilson used the entire field to dice up a defense, as did Mayfield. So no, stats are not all we have to go off of but the actual passes themselves removed from analytic spreadsheets

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Kyler but bringing up high school accomplishments is pointless as hell.

Yes...and no. While I am not sure Rosen is the guy, Murray only had the one college season to use as a evaluation tool. You can use his high school career as a high level look at him as a leader and even as a student of the game. I certainly wouldn't make the choice based solely on his high school career but let's not act like it means 0%. I would give it a 5%-10% rating as a supplement to his time at Oklahoma.

Whilei have my doubts about Rosen, if Keim picks Murray #1 overall he should be fired before making the serving round pick (actually I feel the same about Bosa...actually moreso)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do have concerns that Murray didn't run or even get his height measured again. The only thing I can think of is that he hung upside down for hours to stretch out his spine and gain a 1/4 or 1/2 inch in height and he wasn't feeling stable enough to run. Yeah, that's stretching it :)

An average race horse weights one thousand pounds and they add weights to horses that weigh less to even the playing field, sometimes as little as 5 lbs. Well if 5 lbs can affect a 1000 lb animal which is basically all muscle then 15 to 20 lbs on a 5' 10" really could impact their speed.

If Murray put the extra weight on by working out then those pounds wouldn't slow him down much or at all.

Haven't we all seen college players that wowed us and they sucked in the NFL. Haven't we seen players drafted in the later rounds or even go undrafted who are now HOFers.

Most important position is the QB so if Murray is that much of an upgrade over Rosen then we should make the change. Would suck for Rosen but that's the NFL. Having said that I'm still hoping we don't draft Murray and KK makes good on his promise to make Rosen the QB he said he could when he got the job as the Cardinals HC.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yes...and no. While I am not sure Rosen is the guy, Murray only had the one college season to use as a evaluation tool. You can use his high school career as a high level look at him as a leader and even as a student of the game. I certainly wouldn't make the choice based solely on his high school career but let's not act like it means 0%. I would give it a 5%-10% rating as a supplement to his time at Oklahoma.

Whilei have my doubts about Rosen, if Keim picks Murray #1 overall he should be fired before making the serving round pick (actually I feel the same about Bosa...actually moreso)

If I am the GM and I hired an out of the box guy like KK (which my owner had a hand in coming into fruition), I think I would be forced to think out of the box. Let's get this straight, I like Rosen over Murray but if KK wants him, I would allow him to do so but making damn sure the owner is in the conversation and make my point I would stick with Rosen if it was my choice... Keim wants his job and sure all this is actually falling on Michael who probably is the deciding factor and who at the end of the day says what to do with the green light

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love Kyler but bringing up high school accomplishments is pointless as hell.
Success at every level has a tendency to continue.

People who are insanely successful at every level usually are that way for a reason.

Texas HS is like people saying Alabama is the 33rd NFL franchise. It’s practically it’s own college conference.

Josh isn’t a dwarf! He’s tall so that means he has to be the best choice!
Kyler is better at every single facet of the position, has been for years, but his overall height means he will be worse!!

Really?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Success at every level has a tendency to continue.

People who are insanely successful at every level usually are that way for a reason.

Texas HS is like people saying Alabama is the 33rd NFL franchise. It’s practically it’s own college conference.

Josh isn’t a dwarf! He’s tall so that means he has to be the best choice!
Kyler is better at every single facet of the position, has been for years, but his overall height means he will be worse!!

Really?

Yea I agree. Tim Couch, Vince Young, Chris Leak, Brian Brohm, & Matt Leinart all did real damage in the league after the success back in high school & college.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Yea I agree. Tim Couch, Vince Young, Chris Leak, Brian Brohm, & Matt Leinart all did real damage in the league after the success back in high school & college.

Mitch Mustain was robbed by that whole “having to play college football” rule. Just let them come straight out :)

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

FFS Wilson started 3 years on two teams and threw the ball more than three times as many times as Captain Midget. Moreover, Wilson didn’t play with ANYWHERE NEAR the complementary pieces as Captain Midget.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I am the GM and I hired an out of the box guy like KK (which my owner had a hand in coming into fruition), I think I would be forced to think out of the box. Let's get this straight, I like Rosen over Murray but if KK wants him, I would allow him to do so but making damn sure the owner is in the conversation and make my point I would stick with Rosen if it was my choice... Keim wants his job and sure all this is actually falling on Michael who probably is the deciding factor and who at the end of the day says what to do with the green light

Correctamundo. KK isn’t running the draft but if he has heavy input in the choice of QB’s it comes straight from Michael Bidwill. I also don’t think Keim would’ve hired KK in a million years. This is MB’s show.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well the Cowpies basically did in 1989 :mrgreen:
Wrong. Walsh was drafted in the supplemental draft, after the regular draft. It wasn't like he was brought in after Aikman struggled as a rookie...they were hedging their bets, and after the Walker draft haul, they could afford it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Wrong. Walsh was drafted in the supplemental draft, after the regular draft. It wasn't like he was brought in after Aikman struggled as a rookie...they were hedging their bets, and after the Walker draft haul, they could afford it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Wrong!

Technically they used the #1 pick (of the draft) in 2 consecutive years on a QB. So there it has been done lol:doi:

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe the Cardinals want to hedge their bet.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Maybe the Cardinals want to hedge their bet.
And it worked out for Boys too:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said his team will receive the Saints' No. 1 and No. 3 choices in 1991 and a No. 2 pick in 1992. Jones said the No. 2 pick could be upgraded to a No. 1 if Walsh performs well for the Saints.Walsh, who started five games last season when Aikman was injured, will compete for the starting job in New Orleans with John Fourcade, who has been erratic in the Saints'...

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/123914/COWBOYS-TRADE-WALSH-TO-SAINTS.html

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I said he could suck.

Oh you are referring to my call of him being the first pick. Well I am going off history, the fact the raiders had a meeting with Murray today, and what every draft guy says is going to happen.
@Shane and I literally live in Vegas. No, smart gamblers don't take the best return for the possible risk, they take the winning odds nearly every time.

I'm going to come away more of a winner on average if I play my $20 on ten hands of blackjack and walk away with $100, than if I play $20 on video keno where I *might* hit for $10,000 on one play. Shane and I will walk away to play another day, you'll be dead broke.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I think the ceiling is higher with Murray over Rosen, but the floor is lower as well.

To me it’s all about fit of Murray and the Air Raid offense & the ceiling of a potential star. If the management decides Murray is that much better than Rosen in this offense I’m game for them drafting the kid. If they don’t, stick with #3 & move forward. I haven’t soured on Josh, I think drafting Murray & his skills maximizes the abilities of K2’s offense!!!

I’m fine either way & the sun will come up tomorrow beautifully in the Texas sky at my house tomorrow & Cardinals football if right around the corner

Buckybird

Reaction score
@Shane and I literally live in Vegas. No, smart gamblers don't take the best return for the possible risk, they take the winning odds nearly every time.

I'm going to come away more of a winner on average if I play my $20 on ten hands of blackjack and walk away with $100, than if I play $20 on video keno where I *might* hit for $10,000 on one play. Shane and I will walk away to play another day, you'll be dead broke.
Not if he plays twice & you play everyday lol :mrgreen:

Shane’s got a gambling problem & loses his ass all the time anyway lol