The Rosen Problem

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've seen this line of thinking somewhere before. I remember now....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
No one looked good on offense in 2016. Not Gurley, not Saffold, not Havenstein, not Higbee, none of the receivers...not Goff. Nobody. It was a shitshow. I could say the same for the Cards O in 2018.

IMO Goff looked even a bit worse than Rosen did surrounded by bad players and bad coaching. I'd say the common denominator is that they both handled losing and getting beat up quite well mentally. I fully expected Rosen's psyche, attitude and body language to collapse by December last year after hearing about all the so called "reports" on his bad attitude, but he showed me something by not pointing fingers and making excuses. I think that's been overlooked here, and a very positive tell tale sign about his character.

My point is you don't know what he is yet. You can't know. I happen to believe he can play, and with a competent staff and surrounding cast i believe he will play well.

Plus he's a pocket passer. Those guys are the QB's winning the important games. The shelf life of the dual threat QB is historically marginal it seems to me...but they sure are fun to watch for a few years.

Hope ya'll get who you want on draft day. If it were me i'd roll with Rosen and give him some elite targets and protection. Trade down or draft the BPA at #1

Just my 2 cents, but like i said at the top, i've seen this before.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen this line of thinking somewhere before. I remember now....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
No one looked good on offense in 2016. Not Gurley, not Saffold, not Havenstein, not Higbee, none of the receivers...not Goff. Nobody. It was a shitshow. I could say the same for the Cards O in 2018.

IMO Goff looked even a bit worse than Rosen did surrounded by bad players and bad coaching. I'd say the common denominator is that they both handled losing and getting beat up quite well mentally. I fully expected Rosen's psyche, attitude and body language to collapse by December last year after hearing about all the so called "reports" on his bad attitude, but he showed me something by not pointing fingers and making excuses. I think that's been overlooked here, and a very positive tell tale sign about his character.

My point is you don't know what he is yet. You can't know. I happen to believe he can play, and with a competent staff and surrounding cast i believe he will play well.

Plus he's a pocket passer. Those guys are the QB's winning the important games. The shelf life of the dual threat QB is historically marginal it seems to me...but they sure are fun to watch for a few years.

Hope ya'll get who you want on draft day. If it were me i'd roll with Rosen and give him some elite targets and protection. Trade down or draft the BPA at #1

Just my 2 cents, but like i said at the top, i've seen this before.

Get your logical assessment outa here! look at the stats!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So everyone has injuries. Everyone has dropped passes. Arizona was actually one of the tops in the league in catching passes. Arizona was dead average in man games lost.

Excuses are like...well you know.

You're 100% right. Rosen sucks. We should all just give up on him. Feel better now?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the real Rosen problem is that pretty much every element necessary to put a QB in a position to succeed last year was missing.

Advanced stats may control for *some* of that, but not all or even most of it

we have no idea if he is a playoff-game-winning caliber QB or not -- even after 13 games of NFL action.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you keep finding ways to denigrate Rosen and implying he can`t or won`t improve.To me that's grasping at straws .If you watched Rosen and failed to see any quality skills then you are watching the wrong freaking sport and have your own agenda.

Great point. Josh was on fire in the Seattle game. Leading us down the field toward a sure FG or TD to break the tie and gain the lead. Looked sharp and was coming into his own.

Then the coaching staff shut him down, called three straight runs up the middle, and took a long FG attempt (which was missed).

Factor that into the stats...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My question is who on this board really thinks Josh Rosen can be anything more than Matt Ryan as an NFL player? If you do, then you will likely be disappointed with his career. If you don't, then you are probably going to meet your expectations.

I am totally fine with a Matt Ryan/Eli Manning type if that is what Rosen hopefully can be... at this point, I don't want to turn down bread in want of a steak lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is who on this board really thinks Josh Rosen can be anything more than Matt Ryan as an NFL player? If you do, then you will likely be disappointed with his career. If you don't, then you are probably going to meet your expectations.

Ryan seems like a pretty good ceiling. If he reached that level, I'd be pretty happy. Put a good enough team around him and he can win a Super Bowl... as long as they're not playing Voldemort.

Seriously... Ryan has been to what... 3 NFC Title Games and a Super Bowl and the playoffs something like 7 times? Never really with all that good of a defense or next level coaching? it's not a HOF QB, but that would be pretty damn solid.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love it if Rosen became a future HOFer like Matt Ryan is gonna be. Omg.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan seems like a pretty good ceiling. If he reached that level, I'd be pretty happy. Put a good enough team around him and he can win a Super Bowl... as long as they're not playing Voldemort.

Seriously... Ryan has been to what... 3 NFC Title Games and a Super Bowl and the playoffs something like 7 times? Never really with all that good of a defense or next level coaching? it's not a HOF QB, but that would be pretty damn solid.
I mean, if guys like Rivers & Romo are getting touted as future HOFers, the same should be said as such for Matt Ryan who is gonna pass by both their records when he hangs it up. Not to mention, doing more with less compared to Rivers.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would be pretty happy with Matt Ryan honestly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, if guys like Rivers & Romo are getting touted as future HOFers, the same should be said as such for Matt Ryan who is gonna pass by both their records when he hangs it up. Not to mention, doing more with less compared to Rivers.

Romo shouldn't be anywhere near a HOFer... and Rivers is iffy for me. But that's pretty much Ryan territory and I'd be happy with that.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great point. Josh was on fire in the Seattle game. Leading us down the field toward a sure FG or TD to break the tie and gain the lead. Looked sharp and was coming into his own.

Then the coaching staff shut him down, called three straight runs up the middle, and took a long FG attempt (which was missed).

Factor that into the stats...

Yes that was his best game by far. He had a QBR of 79.3. He didn't throw a lot of yards but he managed the game well.

That is the guy I think we can win with.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no idea Rosen had 3 games with single digit QBRs. All three almost exactly a month apart.

10/18 Denver 2.2

11/18 Oakland 3.6

12/16 Atlanta 3.3

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard