Murray may not run at Pro Day Today (3/13)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take your Murray glasses off.Is Tyrek Hill a standing QB on the field for 60-70 plays a game?

He gets hit more than a qb does in an average game. Remember the guy returns kicks also.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Ok - so tell me this. Say you guys are all correct and he drank a ton of water. Does the combine know that? Don't they do body fat% - would that give it away?

If he is faking this weight gain with water don't you think all the teams could figure that out?

You have absolutely no idea whether he could take the same pounding as Rosen did - but the odds are he would not take as many hits due to his escape-ability.

Let me ask you this - Mike Glennon is an absolute twig. I'm sure he weighs more than Murray - but he managed to play many games getting hit and still keep going. Does just weight matter or does it matter how it is distributed?

190 pounds on a 5'10 frame is more robust than 210 on a 6'4 frame.

How is Tyreek Hill able to keep playing - he weighs 185 and gets hit multiple times a game. He should be in a hospital according to you guys.

This whole he's too skinny to hold up crap is BS.

How you carry the weight matters of course. I don't think they do an actual body fat % at the combine because if they had that whole Metcalf has only 1.9% body fat story would have been debunked immediately (that is an unhealthy level even for high level athletes, marathon runners and swimmers carry more body fat).

There is no where in anything I wrote I said Murray had "fake weight", whatever that is, you can't carry an additional 20 lbs in water weight alone, which is why I never claimed it was water weight. But he can put on weight in a hurry, they make enough legal supplements to make that easy and if you are about to be very well paid you can afford to have a personal nutritionist helping you along the way.
Murray put on weight, everyone with any kind of sense can see that. The fact that he did not do a single athletic event shows that he is concerned that extra weight will adversely effect his numbers or he wouldn't hesitate to perform them. Trying to deflect or make it seem like that doesn't matter is silly.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hill is not the only one

Ty Hilton - 178 pounds
Desean Jackson - 178 pounds
Tavon Austin - 176 pounds
Travis Benjamin - 175 pounds
De'anthony Thomas - a rb 176 pounds

Seems to me all those guys have been fairly durable.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Hill is not the only one

Ty Hilton - 178 pounds

None are QBs. If you don't think QBs, particularly running QBs take a higher amount of hits I am not sure what you are watching. How often you think TY Hilton gets hit blindside by a guy 280+?

There is a reason the NFL has so many rules in place to protect QBs, they are the most vulnerable offensive players on the field.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll say this though

If Kyler is the pick, & he busts, I don’t want to see any blame towards anyone but Kyler

No blame towards Keim

No blame towards Kliff

No blame towards Bidwill

He’s getting painted a man amongst God so he’ll get treated, positively & negatively as such.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Was Tom Clements there? No HC, GM or owner...the passing game coordinator was there though, right?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Okay, for the record, I would still draft Murray at #1. I still firmly believe that he has elite speed for a QB (i.e. sub 4.5 speed), although I admit I have no proof that.

I still think he's Russell Wilson 2.0, but, I also admit that this morning he gave his doubters and detractors plenty of ammunition.

I just hope that somehow, someway, he proves what he needs to prove to the Cardinals leadership. In the end, that will be all that matters come 9:00 EST on 04/25.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None are QBs. If you don't think QBs, particularly running QBs take a higher amount of hits I am not sure what you are watching. How often you think TY Hilton gets hit blindside by a guy 280+?

There is a reason the NFL has so many rules in place to protect QBs, they are the most vulnerable offensive players on the field.

How about RB's?

They take more hits than anyone else by far.

There are tons of RB's that have played at 200 pounds. 20 caries no problem.

Many that have played in the 190's.

It's just not a real issue.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prove to me he put on weight.

Oh yeah - you can't. That is my point.

I am not even really his fan. I have never even seen the guy play a college game. All I am doing is looking at his highlight video's his stats, and what scouts and media people are saying about him. It all looks pretty good to me, and Rosen has been underwhelming.

All I am concerned about is the Cards making the best use they can of the 1st pick.

what the f are you talking about? He played at 185 in college and is now weighed at 205. What in the world am I missing?! How is gaining 20 pounds not putting on weight?!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Okay, for the record, I would still draft Murray at #1. I still firmly believe that he has elite speed for a QB (i.e. sub 4.5 speed), although I admit I have no proof that.

I still think he's Russell Wilson 2.0, but, I also admit that this morning he gave his doubters and detractors plenty of ammunition.

I just hope that somehow, someway, he proves what he needs to prove to the Cardinals leadership. In the end, that will be all that matters come 9:00 EST on 04/25.

I know the kid is fast, I do not need him to run but it's the principle of not doing it which irks me because for a guy who is fast and not running (a 4.5 would hurt his stock at all) it's a character flaw and not a physical one, if it's him being so reserve and not his agent

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what the f are you talking about? He played at 185 in college and is now weighed at 205. What in the world am I missing?! How is gaining 20 pounds not putting on weight?!

If you go to the Oklahoma website right now it lists him as 5'10 195 pounds.

So I guess you are correct we can assume he put on 10 pounds. We cannot assume that was all water weight, or that he has lost any speed at 205.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
How about RB's?

Very few featured backs in the NFL are below 200lbs, there are exceptions but that is far from the norm. There is a reason for that too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about RB's?

what? You are just going full FAKE NEWS at this point. "Many that have played in the 190s"? Tons that play at 200 pounds 20 carries no problem?

Bell, Johnson, Howard, Hunt, Zeke, Gurley, Barkley, Peterson, Conner, Michel... ALL are at 215 MINIMUM and the list goes on and on and on.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Prove to me he put on weight.

Oh yeah - you can't. That is my point.

I am not even really his fan. I have never even seen the guy play a college game. All I am doing is looking at his highlight video's his stats, and what scouts and media people are saying about him. It all looks pretty good to me, and Rosen has been underwhelming.

All I am concerned about is the Cards making the best use they can of the 1st pick.
This bio shows 195lbs...weighed 207 at combine...what more proof do you need that he out on weight?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Hill is not the only one

Ty Hilton - 178 pounds

Was Austin injured last year...says he only played 7 games?

Jackson has missed an average of 4 games every year, due to injury...

Same with Benjamin...

Thomas misses about 7 games a year...

The only one that's durable, on your list, is Hilton.

The hits add up, regardless of body size...but when you have a little beef on your bones, they add up slower.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same with Benjamin...

The hits add up, regardless of body size...but when you have a little beef on your bones, they add up slower.

PROVE IT!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tarik Cohen 181 pounds
Chris Johnson 195 pounds
Dion Lewis 195 pounds
Darren Sproles 190 pounds
Ronnie Hillman 195 pounds
Chris Thompson 193 pounds
Lance Dunbar 195 Pounds
Taiwan Jones 195 pounds
Dexter McCluster 170 Pounds
Kendall Hunter 199 Pounds
Kenjon Barner 195 pounds
Jamal Charles 199 Pounds

Do I need to go on?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Tarik Cohen 181 pounds
Chris Johnson 195 pounds
Dion Lewis 195 pounds
Darren Sproles 190 pounds
Ronnie Hillman 195 pounds
Chris Thompson 193 pounds
Lance Dunbar 195 Pounds
Taiwan Jones 195 pounds
Dexter McCluster 170 Pounds
Kendall Hunter 199 Pounds
Kenjon Barner 195 pounds
Jamal Charles 199 Pounds

Do I need to go on?
How many if those guys were every down backs? 2 or 3? They call those little guys scat backs for a reason.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I know the kid is fast, I do not need him to run but it's the principle of not doing it which irks me because for a guy who is fast and not running (a 4.5 would hurt his stock at all) it's a character flaw and not a physical one, if it's him being so reserve and not his agent

Are we sure about the bolded part though Jetstream?

Let's be honest. You and I have zero idea what's going on behind the scenes, and why certain decisions are being made.

I understand its frustrating that he didn't run. And, I'm not even saying that you're undeniably wrong about the bolded part.

I know, I know. Mayfield went through all the drills and blah blah blah. Murray's behavior is questionable, and puzzling.

But its a leap to go from "he didn't run the 40 today" to "he has weak character".

He's given his detractors the ability to say it, sure, but I think you're a more reasonable man than that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Same with Benjamin...

Oh come on

Tavon Austin had a groin injury last year, other than that he has played almost every game. A groin injury is not related to being hit.

Jackson has played in 16, 15, 14, 15, 11, 16, 15, 10, 15, 14, and 12 games in his career. That is clearly not 4 games every year.
Now how many of those injuries were due to hits and not ankle turns, muscle strains etc?

Benjamin has played in 96 of a possible 116 games. Not great, but not injury prone. The two games he missed last year were due to a foot injury - not a hit.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Are we sure about the bolded part though Jetstream?

Let's be honest. You and I have zero idea what's going on behind the scenes, and why certain decisions are being made.

I understand its frustrating that he didn't run. And, I'm not even saying that you're undeniably wrong about the bolded part.

I know, I know. Mayfield went through all the drills and blah blah blah. Murray's behavior is questionable, and puzzling.

But its a leap to go from "he didn't run the 40 today" to "he has weak character".

He's given his detractors the ability to say it, sure, but I think you're a more reasonable man than that.

CW-it does make one wonder what the rationale was behind the decision .After all it Pro_day in a controlled environment that he was familiar with.What more does he want or need?How much more secure and controlled can it be ?Makes methink he is afraid to run because of the added weight and the reduced quickness.Why he didn`t just go ahead and run and get this behind him and deal with the consequences or fallout and then he would have 5-6 weeks to do damage control if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson