What do you think is the best case possible scenario for the Card's Draft?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm thinking Kyle Murray is too risky... Running QB's who aren't really big haven't done well in the past. In College it looks like Rosen improved every year and I think he is quite bright, I think he has the work ethic and will keep improving. He should really look at Brady and sees how he gets the ball out so fast and we should really focus on the O-line with that though.. I am concerned about his inaccurate high throws though. I would really like him to improve on that. He had a 62% completion percentage in college though.. not too bad. I'd like to look at the "best" scenarios for the Cards.

1. Trade down to 4 with Raiders get Allen or Williams there? Get Raiders 24th or 27th pick... I think this is what I would hope for.. I never feel there is a "sure thing" Looking at past drafts with defensive players, although the first pick ends up being pretty solid, there are other players who often end up being better (Davian Clowney Draft)

2. Take Bosa

3. Take Kyle Murray and trade Rosen for Redskins 15th pick. Much worse than that..maybe 18? I would not do a deal. I guess you have number 2 option I prefer anyways.. but I would not be too upset with this option.

4. Keep Kyle Murray and Rosen. Let them fight it out and camp, and wait for a hungry team to want one of them... more and more I see one player does not make a team except for the QB... I think more teams are realizing that..with that QB's might become more and more valuable.. also if there is an injury you have a backup..

What do you guys prefer? Do you think the odds of some these things happening are pretty low odds? I think the whole Murrary thing might be for some team like the Raiders to bite. I really like the top few defensive players so trading down farther than four I think would be risky. Even if Bosa becomes the best player I'm not sure it will be leaps and bounds better than one of the others and we could get a great Receiver or OL at 24 or 27... who hell, who knows may end up being even more important in the long run.. a lot of good players are picked around there..

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
Hopefully the Raiders really do want Murray and trade 4,27, and probably not their 2nd rd but maybe 3rd(#66)

#4 Take Allen or Williams
#27 I think you have to go OL, I don't think the Iowa TE's will be there
#33 Harry MIGHT slip out rd 1 if we're lucky, if not maybe TE Irv Smith or double down OL early
#65 Linebacker or IDL
#66 WR Hunter Renfrow, I think he's going to be a really underrated game changer in the slot, like Edleman but looks better coming out of college (nicknamed Mr Reliable, always got them a 1st down when they needed it)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Don`t screw around and and try and be the smartest guy in the room.SK has tried that and it failed.Just draft Bosa and go from there. Bosa is still regarded as the best player and fits a area of need for the Cards.Its really simple-Pick Bosa.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Trade down and load up on as many picks as possible. Need to put some emphasis on the OL, which seems to be the biggest weakness of the team.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don`t screw around and and try and be the smartest guy in the room.SK has tried that and it failed.Just draft Bosa and go from there. Bosa is still regarded as the best player and fits a area of need for the Cards.Its really simple-Pick Bosa.

K.I.S.S. Agree with everything above, except replace Bosa with Quinnen... And let’s start winnen!!!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Take Bosa and don’t even entertain trading down until the second round (unless some teams gives up the literal fam for the #1).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Kyle Murray is too risky... Running QB's who aren't really big haven't done well in the past. In College it looks like Rosen improved every year and I think he is quite bright, I think he has the work ethic and will keep improving. He should really look at Brady and sees how he gets the ball out so fast and we should really focus on the O-line with that though.. I am concerned about his inaccurate high throws though. I would really like him to improve on that. He had a 62% completion percentage in college though.. not too bad. I'd like to look at the "best" scenarios for the Cards.

1. Trade down to 4 with Raiders get Allen or Williams there? Get Raiders 24th or 27th pick... I think this is what I would hope for.. I never feel there is a "sure thing" Looking at past drafts with defensive players, although the first pick ends up being pretty solid, there are other players who often end up being better (Davian Clowney Draft)

2. Take Bosa

3. Take Kyle Murray and trade Rosen for Redskins 15th pick. Much worse than that..maybe 18? I would not do a deal. I guess you have number 2 option I prefer anyways.. but I would not be too upset with this option.

4. Keep Kyle Murray and Rosen. Let them fight it out and camp, and wait for a hungry team to want one of them... more and more I see one player does not make a team except for the QB... I think more teams are realizing that..with that QB's might become more and more valuable.. also if there is an injury you have a backup..

What do you guys prefer? Do you think the odds of some these things happening are pretty low odds? I think the whole Murrary thing might be for some team like the Raiders to bite. I really like the top few defensive players so trading down farther than four I think would be risky. Even if Bosa becomes the best player I'm not sure it will be leaps and bounds better than one of the others and we could get a great Receiver or OL at 24 or 27... who hell, who knows may end up being even more important in the long run.. a lot of good players are picked around there..

#1 is my fav outside of just drafting Bosa.... #4 is a big hell to the no... I could live with #3 but wouldn’t like it much.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like trading down but not past #4 (where we'd still be guaranteed Bosa, Q Williams, Allen or Metcalf). I'd use #33 and two other picks on 2 OGs and a LT.

From #66 onward, I'd cherrypick BPAs, using my draft pick wriggle room to trade up (for someone we love) or down (for more picks).

Murray would be tempting, but he's piling up too many risk factors.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I like trading down but not past #4 (where we'd still be guaranteed Bosa, Q Williams, Allen or Metcalf). I'd use #33 and two other picks on 2 OGs and a LT.

From #66 onward, I'd cherrypick BPAs, using my draft pick wriggle room to trade up (for someone we love) or down (for more picks).

Murray would be tempting, but he's piling up too many risk factors.

In agree that #4 is as low as I’d go because assuming a QB goes top 3 that leaves you one of Bosa, Williams or Allen but #4 is way too high for Metcalf, his lack of production in college coupled with his poor agility drill numbers are big red flags.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bosa, Harry, Lindstrom, Issabella. Our other major needs should have been filled thru Free agency.

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
I am team grab Murray, his mobility instantly improves the line

First he had a really good O line in college that's part of the reason he could take off whenever (4 lineman will probably get drafted this year and cody ford is probably top 3 at his position)

And second, he doesn't improve the line, he can just cover up some of the poor play by scrambling when the pocket collapses.

The offensive line would still be a big issue that needs to be fixed for either QB to have a fair shot

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In agree that #4 is as low as I’d go because assuming a QB goes top 3 that leaves you one of Bosa, Williams or Allen but #4 is way too high for Metcalf, his lack of production in college coupled with his poor agility drill numbers are big red flags.
So OK - I drop Metcalf but raise you one Sweat. You good with that?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
#1 OR 2 fine with me. Number 4 just stupid.

I keep hearing everyone say it's stupid to keep both QB's. I'll go on record as saying I'm completely against us drafting Murray, period. However, if we draft Murray and are only offered a 3rd or 4th round pick for Rosen, it would be stupid to trade him for that. I think it is ridiculous that we are even entertaining the idea of drafting a QB after we took Rosen last year. And it seems that even the team says they grade out similarly. But why trade Rosen for peanuts? Just for the sake of trading him? Washington had both RGIII and Cousins. RGIII got hurt and they may have played their cards wrong by getting nothing for either of them but keep two can be done.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I kept it #4 for a reason :) I ranked it by what I'd prefer. I have seen too many back and forths on who the most valuable defensive player there is. With the Raiders picking #1 after the trade there are only (2) getting pick.. I feel like there are at three vary closely defensive players so that would be my favorite scenerio of what "could" happen. I think this is what the Cards want as well...

Maybe a more far fetched scenario... Giants trading for Rosen at #6? :)

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
1 or 2 for me. To me we gotta get an OL and WR in the first 3 rounds. Try to get #4, 27 and a 2nd from Oakland but ultimately accept their 3rd if need be for #1. If we could get #35 from Oakland we should be able to walk away with a stud at #4 with solid starters at #27, 33 and 35. If the picks were used wisely that would go a long way towards fixing this team.

#4- Q. Williams or J. Allen
#27& 33 & 35- Best OL available, Best WR available and Jeffrey Simmons in whatever order
RDS 3-7 BPA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose