What do you think is the best case possible scenario for the Card's Draft?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by CSDFan, Mar 6, 2019.

1. CSDFan

CSDFan Registered

I'm thinking Kyle Murray is too risky... Running QB's who aren't really big haven't done well in the past. In College it looks like Rosen improved every year and I think he is quite bright, I think he has the work ethic and will keep improving. He should really look at Brady and sees how he gets the ball out so fast and we should really focus on the O-line with that though.. I am concerned about his inaccurate high throws though. I would really like him to improve on that. He had a 62% completion percentage in college though.. not too bad. I'd like to look at the "best" scenarios for the Cards.

1. Trade down to 4 with Raiders get Allen or Williams there? Get Raiders 24th or 27th pick... I think this is what I would hope for.. I never feel there is a "sure thing" Looking at past drafts with defensive players, although the first pick ends up being pretty solid, there are other players who often end up being better (Davian Clowney Draft)

2. Take Bosa

3. Take Kyle Murray and trade Rosen for Redskins 15th pick. Much worse than that..maybe 18? I would not do a deal. I guess you have number 2 option I prefer anyways.. but I would not be too upset with this option.

4. Keep Kyle Murray and Rosen. Let them fight it out and camp, and wait for a hungry team to want one of them... more and more I see one player does not make a team except for the QB... I think more teams are realizing that..with that QB's might become more and more valuable.. also if there is an injury you have a backup..

What do you guys prefer? Do you think the odds of some these things happening are pretty low odds? I think the whole Murrary thing might be for some team like the Raiders to bite. I really like the top few defensive players so trading down farther than four I think would be risky. Even if Bosa becomes the best player I'm not sure it will be leaps and bounds better than one of the others and we could get a great Receiver or OL at 24 or 27... who hell, who knows may end up being even more important in the long run.. a lot of good players are picked around there..

Shane likes this.
  2. UK Cardinal

UK Cardinal Free Agent

Hopefully the Raiders really do want Murray and trade 4,27, and probably not their 2nd rd but maybe 3rd(#66)

#4 Take Allen or Williams
    #27 I think you have to go OL, I don't think the Iowa TE's will be there
    #33 Harry MIGHT slip out rd 1 if we're lucky, if not maybe TE Irv Smith or double down OL early
    #65 Linebacker or IDL
    #66 WR Hunter Renfrow, I think he's going to be a really underrated game changer in the slot, like Edleman but looks better coming out of college (nicknamed Mr Reliable, always got them a 1st down when they needed it)

3. CSDFan

CSDFan Registered

I like your Scenario UK, I hope it goes that way.

UK Cardinal likes this.
  4. BW52

BW52 Registered

Don`t screw around and and try and be the smartest guy in the room.SK has tried that and it failed.Just draft Bosa and go from there. Bosa is still regarded as the best player and fits a area of need for the Cards.Its really simple-Pick Bosa.

stretchthefield and Ohcrap75 like this.
  5. DRM08

DRM08 Registered

Trade down and load up on as many picks as possible. Need to put some emphasis on the OL, which seems to be the biggest weakness of the team.

Red Dawn likes this.
  6. stretchthefield

stretchthefield Registered

7. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

K.I.S.S. Agree with everything above, except replace Bosa with Quinnen... And let’s start winnen!!!

Crimson Warrior likes this.
  8. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Take Bosa and don’t even entertain trading down until the second round (unless some teams gives up the literal fam for the #1).

9. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Trading Rosen then drafting Murray because, you know, Wednesday.

10. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

#1 is my fav outside of just drafting Bosa.... #4 is a big hell to the no... I could live with #3 but wouldn’t like it much.

11. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

I like trading down but not past #4 (where we'd still be guaranteed Bosa, Q Williams, Allen or Metcalf). I'd use #33 and two other picks on 2 OGs and a LT.

From #66 onward, I'd cherrypick BPAs, using my draft pick wriggle room to trade up (for someone we love) or down (for more picks).

Murray would be tempting, but he's piling up too many risk factors.

12. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

In agree that #4 is as low as I’d go because assuming a QB goes top 3 that leaves you one of Bosa, Williams or Allen but #4 is way too high for Metcalf, his lack of production in college coupled with his poor agility drill numbers are big red flags.

daves and DRM08 like this.
  13. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Bosa, Harry, Lindstrom, Issabella. Our other major needs should have been filled thru Free agency.

14. PJ1

PJ1 Registered User

#1 OR 2 fine with me. Number 4 just stupid.

15. DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan Registered User

I am team grab Murray, his mobility instantly improves the line