Murray to Cards a "done deal"

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I’ll just say that most pro QBs had significant success in high school. Rosen led Bosco to a state championship, so what a pro prospect does in high school has little bearing as to what he’ll do in college.

Also in high school superior athleticism means way more than intangibles, most guys in HS aren’t even mature enough to develop those qualities.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If what Charley Casserly is reporting is true, the Cards will know this from their own interview with Murray. They won't be taking him at all then. A QB that relies solely on his athletic ability won't play long in this league. You might get away with that approach in college but not in the NFL

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
If what Charley Casserly is reporting is true, the Cards will know this from their own interview with Murray. They won't be taking him at all then. A QB that relies solely on his athletic ability won't play long in this league. You might get away with that approach in college but not in the NFL

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They should take the approach Andy Reid took with Mahomes. "Tried to bury him" for 7 hours and Mahomes stood up very well to the intellectual test that Reid threw at him.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouch. No bueno.

Not surprised by this at all. Hes not the cerebral type. He's gotten by on his athleticism his entire career. Never said it because i knew i would get roasted on this board but this is people who are they that are saying it so...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not surprised by this at all. Hes not the cerebral type. He's gotten by on his athleticism his entire career. Never said it because i knew i would get roasted on this board but this is people who are they that are saying it so...

You think he could have run Lincoln Riley's offense to perfection if he wasn't a student of the game?

He ran it to perfection sir.

Think about it.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

You have to take it with a grain of salt. The same way I think the Cardinals are pushing an agenda in the media to get people to trade up, it's very possible people like Gruden are pushing this negative stuff because they DON'T want to trade up to get the guy.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
You think he could have run Lincoln Riley's offense to perfection if he wasn't a student of the game?

Think about it.

I do. Lincolns offense is not super complicated.. LR and KK offense aren't complex. They also tailor the offense to suit their QBs. Many of his passes were 1 or 2 reads. He excels when the play breaks down and improvises. He is also good at manipulating the D well with his shoulders.

You have to take it with a grain of salt. The same way I think the Cardinals are pushing an agenda in the media to get people to trade up, it's very possible people like Gruden are pushing this negative stuff because they DON'T want to trade up to get the guy.

And yes i have taken this into consideration. It is very possible. I also think there is probably at least a hint of truth. Why would the Cardinals believe it? They will interview him and have talked to him personally. They don't need rumors they will find out for themselves. I stand by my opinion

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WOC ("Word Of Caution): These are comments Casserly said he "heard" and not actual observations made by Charley.

Not that Charley is definitely wrong - only that it's important we make it a habit to distinguish fact from speculation and opinion from hearsay.

If the Cards do their due diligence & conduct a thorough and objective analysis of Murray (including the running down of negative reports), they should come out with the right decision. For now, I'd be inclined to consider those comments about Murray's work habits to be a giant red flag - but for now, nothing more/nothing less.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I do. Lincolns offense is not super complicated.. LR and KK offense aren't complex. They also tailor the offense to suit their QBs. Many of his passes were 1 or 2 reads. He excels when the play breaks down and improvises. He is also good at manipulating the D well with his shoulders.

And yes i have taken this into consideration. It is very possible. I also think there is probably at least a hint of truth. Why would the Cardinals believe it? They will interview him and have talked to him personally. They don't need rumors they will find out for themselves. I stand by my opinion

And what exactly in your experience sir, makes you qualified to opine on the complexity of Lincoln Riley's offense? :)

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
And what exactly in your experience sir, makes you qualified to opine on the complexity of Lincoln Riley's offense? :)

Nothing at all.
Only from my experience playing the game, what I've seen on tape, and how others much more credible than I have broken it down. So merely my humble opinion sir.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s 8 million not 4

if they trade Rosen Pre June 1st it is 8.158M dead cap and a cap savings of -4.159M
Pre-6/1 Release:
2019 Dead Cap: $14,398,164
2019 Cap Savings: $-10,398,674

Pre-6/1 Trade:
2019 Dead Cap: $8,158,776
2019 Cap Savings: $-4,159,286

Post-6/1 Release:
2019 Dead Cap: $8,958,980
2020 Dead Cap: $5,439,184
2019 Cap Savings: $-4,959,490

Post-6/1 Trade
:
2019 Dead Cap: $2,719,592
2020 Dead Cap: $5,439,184
2019 Cap Savings: $1,279,898

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/josh-rosen-25105/

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score

Think about it.

Lamar Jackson dominated college football and “mastered” the Bobby Petrino offense.

Lamar Jackson also scored a 13 on the wonderlic.

You don’t have to be a student of the game to dominate college football.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Think about it.
Pretty much what the pushback to Casserly's comments said on NFLN - namely: "If he was that dumb/lazy, he wouldn't be this good."

I agree with the comment on this board that the Cards will run down these and other red flags and won't draft the kid if his interviews/background checks don't measure up.

Side observation - How old is the kid? How much experience has he had in big time college athletic pgms? Could his so-called work ethic issues be merely a function of youth and inexperience that will corrct itself as he matures? Or - is he simply who he's proved himself to be? That's for the Cards and other teams to figure out

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
IFor now, I'd be inclined to consider those comments about Murray's work habits to be a giant red flag - but for now, nothing more/nothing less.
FFS, this means it’s 100% certain Keim drafts him...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Pretty much what the pushback to Casserly's comments said on NFLN - namely: "If he was that dumb/lazy, he wouldn't be this good."

I agree with the comment on this board that the Cards will run down these and other red flags and won't draft the kid if his interviews/background checks don't measure up.

Side observation - How old is the kid? How much experience has he had in big time college athletic pgms? Could his so-called work ethic issues be merely a function of youth and inexperience that will corrct itself as he matures? Or - is he simply who he's proved himself to be? That's for the Cards and other teams to figure out
Remember, JaMarcus Russel was the #1 pick. Vince Young dominated at college and put on one of the most clutch performances of all time.

Neither guy really proved their football acumen but were able to impress with overwhelming physical talent.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Kyler would’ve been great on “the office” because this is histarically awkward. Leader of men?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Kyler would’ve been great on “the office” because this is histarically awkward. Leader of men?
This is what I'm saying about Kyler. He sucks in interviews, which scares me about him on this tremendous stage.

Thinking about it as I typed it, I don't think it's totally fair to expect any young guy like this to be "media polished," but it makes me question so much. Is he shy? Is he ambivalent? Is he stupid? I can't answer it. Some of the same applies to Rosen, but I at least appreciate Rosen coming out and saying "I'm not going to say what might always be the perfect answer."

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is what I'm saying about Kyler. He sucks in interviews, which scares me about him on this tremendous stage.

Thinking about it as I typed it, I don't think it's totally fair to expect any young guy like this to be "media polished," but it makes me question so much. Is he shy? Is he ambivalent? Is he stupid? I can't answer it. Some of the same applies to Rosen, but I at least appreciate Rosen coming out and saying "I'm not going to say what might always be the perfect answer."

He is totally unprepared for an interview in which everyone knew the question that were going to be asked. Convince me this guy is going to live in the film room doing everything possible to improve.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard