Senior Bowl 2019

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Multiple above have made a great point that there isn't a cant miss #1 like Calvin, Julio or AJ Green, but there about ten WR with a lot of tools.

Rosen's strengths seem to be quick decision making and accuracy. Combining that with KK's systems that is based on staying on schedule and YAC, I think we should be targeting WR that are advanced in route running, sure hands, and running after the catch opposed to down field jump ball types.

Riley Ridley, Deebo, K Harmon>>> DK Metcalf, M Brown

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm interested in a lot of TTU, WSU & WVU players as they will be familiar with Kingsbury's system and would better fits as they could transition almost seemlessly. Guys like Andre Dillard, Yodny Cajuste, David Sills, Antoine Wesley & Gary Jennings are on my radar. Maybe Minneshew in later rounds as eventual back up to Rosen.
Minnshew has my attention. Some question about his true height, but if it's north of 6-0, he is said to know the Air Raid offense, has a thick build, processes info quickly, has decent accuracy but may lack an elite arm. I like the idea of drafting him as - at the very least - a backup who knows the system

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If only we had hired Kingsbury last year we could have drafted Luke Falk who excelled in this system.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
This guy is an idiot. Bradbury got owned this week. And I belive Foster Moreau looked like the worst TE of the bunch.

Isn`t nagy the PR for the Senior Bowl? I kind of doubt he decided who the winners where.I would think that the Coaches had something to do with it.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
This guy is an idiot. Bradbury got owned this week. And I belive Foster Moreau looked like the worst TE of the bunch.

Different sites have different takes on who was good and who wasn`t.Opinions vary.Some like Isabella,some liked Moreau.As for Bradbury I don`t recall reading a lot about him.Seems I read all the Centers were pretty much average at best.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Different sites have different takes on who was good and who wasn`t.Opinions vary.Some like Isabella,some liked Moreau.As for Bradbury I don`t recall reading a lot about him.Seems I read all the Centers were pretty much average at best.
I have watched, and even if someone liked his effort while getting beat like a drum, Bradbury isn't a top performer on the week. It is a good thing Isabella didn't get it, it would have bounced right off his hands.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Isn`t nagy the PR for the Senior Bowl? I kind of doubt he decided who the winners where.I would think that the Coaches had something to do with it.
Fair enough. If this was the vote I would have delegated someone to post it for me as well.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I have watched, and even if someone liked his effort while getting beat like a drum, Bradbury isn't a top performer on the week. It is a good thing Isabella didn't get it, it would have bounced right off his hands.

Seems like Deebo Samuel and Hart had good weeks at WR and Dalton Risner on the OLINE and Dax Raymond at TE.All guys the Cards could be interested in.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Samuel, Isabella and Hart are all pretty good WR's.
Isabella is getting more hype than he really has earned at the Senior Bowl. Hart has shown that he does what Isabella does, but way better. That doesn't mean Isabella is a bad player, but his grade should not be impacted by his performance this week.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Isabella is getting more hype than he really has earned at the Senior Bowl. Hart has shown that he does what Isabella does, but way better. That doesn't mean Isabella is a bad player, but his grade should not be impacted by his performance this week.

Isabella looks like Wes Welker. Lacks top end playing speed IMO.

Nothing wrong with that. He could play in our new offense...just saying he is not the next Antonio Brown.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Isabella looks like Wes Welker. Lacks top end playing speed IMO.
He looks like him but he is not nearly as efficient as a mover as Welker, and has not shown me the hands. Can he play...probably. Would I take him in the top 100...nope.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Seems like Deebo Samuel and Hart had good weeks at WR and Dalton Risner on the OLINE and Dax Raymond at TE.All guys the Cards could be interested in.
Yes. There are some guys who would fill some needs for the Cardinals.

WR
Terry McLaurin - Ohio St
Keelan Doss - UC Davis
Gary Jennings - West Virginia
Deebo Samuel - South Carolina

OL (a bunch)
Andre Dillard - Washington St
Oli Udoh - Elon
Tytus Howard - Alabama St.
Chuma Edoga - USC
Kaleb McGary - Washington
Dalton Risner - K State
Chris Lindstrom - BC
Nate Davis - Charlotte

DL
Bryan Cowart - Maryland (5 tech)
Khalen Saunders - Western Illinois
Renell Wren - Arizona St.

All had good weeks, and all fit what we will probably be needing. That isn't counting guys like Sharping or Bradbury who had down weeks but are highly thought of.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are 15 WRs in this draft I like better than Isabella.
I'm looking at the current WR crop differently from typical years -

- The Cardinals have more picks than normal and can afford to roll the dice on receivers regardless of round.

- The Air Raid offense creates the need for different WR skill sets.

Ergo - the Cards can afford to load up on Round 2 - 7 caliber receivers and go the "survival of the fittest" route. Isabella would be an interesting mid-round pickup.

I ask the following question out of curiosity and not to be contentious: If Edelman were coming out this year and had no pro resume yet and he and Isabella were still on your board, which one would you draft ?

My thinking - I think the Cards will be in the market for at least one smaller, quick guy who's a great route runner and has Velcro hands. Is Isabella that guy? If not...who?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Sample from UW has looked really good this week too from what I've read.

Samuel is in top 10 favorite players in the draft. Draft him and pair him with Kirk and you have two YAC machines.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
observation on Keim:

i feel like he overvalues a good performance at the Sr Bowl

example: he noted that Reddick's work as a LB during practices at the SR Bowl convinced him he could move to LB.

With the benefit of hindsight, its a little shocking that a week of practice was all it took to convince a NFL GM that he could convert a hands down, pass rushing DE into a all around LB, and, take him at #13 (in what will be one of the better overall drafts for talent in the last 10 years)

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Travis Fulgham - WR - Old Dominion - 6'3", 215

http://www.odusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31100&ATCLID=209794659

Does anybody know anything about this kid? I was watching the WR drills. He ran a short in-route that caught everybody's attention. What was impressive was the sick move he put on the CB to get off press. It was an NFL caliber move. They said he was known for his size, but didn't know he was that athletic. Charles Davis said something about him being able to move and break without having to drop his hips and break down. I guess guys that are 6'3"/215 don't normally do that? Anyway, he could be worth keeping an eye on for the late rounds.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes. There are some guys who would fill some needs for the Cardinals.

WR
Terry McLaurin - Ohio St
Keelan Doss - UC Davis
Gary Jennings - West Virginia

Deebo Samuel - South Carolina

OL (a bunch)
Andre Dillard - Washington St
Oli Udoh - Elon
Tytus Howard - Alabama St.
Chuma Edoga - USC
Kaleb McGary - Washington
Dalton Risner - K State
Chris Lindstrom - BC
Nate Davis - Charlotte

DL
Bryan Cowart - Maryland (5 tech)
Khalen Saunders - Western Illinois
Renell Wren - Arizona St.

All had good weeks, and all fit what we will probably be needing. That isn't counting guys like Sharping or Bradbury who had down weeks but are highly thought of.

Really like those in bold.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose