Kings @ Suns 1-8-18

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Igor rolled the dice on fouling Cauley-Stein.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton can't be beat for a rebound at his size and jumping ability when he actually puts in the effort. Good win.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Suns 115 - Kings 111

Great comeback win.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Suns in Dallas at 6:30 tomorrow for a back-to-back.

Then, off 'til Saturday at home with Denver. That game will be televised on FSAZ-Plus.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Bridges Jackson Oubre Holmes and Melton are a really good defensive 5. All 5 had at least 3 steals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll say this, I am impressed with how frequently they’re able to come back from huge deficits. Now if they can just avoid those deficits they would blow teams out.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some plusses and minuses at tonight's game. Considering that the team looked utterly defeated at the half, I'll gladly take the result and the fight the team put forth to get it. For all of his faults, Igor is having most of his remaining players give their all and not stop fighting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kokoskov should switch the first and second units for a while. Let the bench guys establish a tone of competing from the opening tip.

Also, by far the Suns' worst offensive play is trying to force-feed Ayton. It causes constant turnovers and bad shots. If Ayton isn't able to establish himself offensively, then okay, the Suns can be patient with his development. But right not they are throwing possessions -- and games -- away through their tunnel vision with Ayton.

The Suns have to keep Holmes this summer.

No kidding. But it’s all Igor’s fault they don’t get the ball to ayton enough. Has nothing to do with the players inability to execute.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
7 players in double figures. Jackson has looked great the last few games. Great TEAM effort.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will take this as a positive @1Sun. Nice to hear.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Some plusses and minuses at tonight's game. Considering that the team looked utterly defeated at the half, I'll gladly take the result and the fight the team put forth to get it. For all of his faults, Igor is having most of his remaining players give their all and not stop fighting.
I saw Igor earlier today actually showing a little personality and even smiling in an interview.

It showed in the team tonight.

That's one small step for Igor . . . one victory for the Suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I loved Melton’s game tonight.

If he could just become a little better offensively and play like this he could be very valuable.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Some nights Crawford looks like he has one foot in the grave. More turnovers and fouls than points. -17

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No kidding. But it’s all Igor’s fault they don’t get the ball to ayton enough. Has nothing to do with the players inability to execute.

here we go again with the hyperbolic sarcasm.

it's the fault of the passer (terrible timing)
it's the fault of the receiver (Ayton is terrible at getting open)
it's the fault of the coach (needs to have strategies and plays to free Ayton. needs to drill him on moving without the ball and jumping to receive an inside pass that should be thrown high and ahead of Ayton)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly I don't think he'll ever be more than a good backup

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt though as he sit out his last season in college and he is only 20.