Kings @ Suns 1-8-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday the Suns wrap up their seven game against the Kings.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time and televised on FSAZ.

Here is a preview of the game from Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook: Phoenix (9-32) concludes its seven-game homestand against Sacramento (19-20), which had lost four consecutive games before facing Orlando at home on Monday. … Devin Booker is questionable for Tuesday’s game as he left the second quarter of Sunday’s 119-113 loss to Charlotte with back spasms. The team leader in scoring (24.8 points per game) and assists (6.9 a game), Booker finished with just seven points in 12 minutes of action Sunday. …. Sacramento beat Phoenix, 122-105, last month as Buddy Hield scored 20 points to lead the Kings. … Phoenix has its second-worst record ever at the midway point of the season. The worst came in the team’s first season in 1968-69 when the Suns were 8-33. That team finished the season a franchise-worst 16-66. … The Suns play at Dallas in the second of a back-to-back Wednesday.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...eeling-pressure-rookie-nba-season/2497175002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Booker may miss the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Booker may miss the game.

is that picture of Book with the backbrace about to check back into a game? If so, it boggles my mind that anyone wearing one of those is playing an incredibly physically straining sport. If you're wearing one of those, your back is bugging you a good deal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
is that picture of Book with the backbrace about to check back into a game? If so, it boggles my mind that anyone wearing one of those is playing an incredibly physically straining sport. If you're wearing one of those, your back is bugging you a good deal.
I don’t think it’s a brace, I think it’s a stimulator. Look at the mechanics on it. Of course I also have almost no idea what I’m talking about.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
EJ and K-Ray talked about that a couple of games ago. It's not just a brace. It's a stimulator of some sort. It's supposed to help keep the back loose.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stimulator or brace it doesn't paint a good picture.

The way things are going now I'm fully supportive of the Suns sitting Booker as long as it takes. Having back problems from the experience of myself and others, it is not something to be taken lightly.

By the way I'd like to have a stimulator for my back. Something with flashing LED lights. :mrgreen:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EJ and K-Ray talked about that a couple of games ago. It's not just a brace. It's a stimulator of some sort. It's supposed to help keep the back loose.

if the back needs that kind of thing, he really shouldn't be playing until it's not an issue, IMO. This isn't said from any kind of medical background, just as a 4 time veteran of back surgeries who had back spasms and stuff like it for years before the big one struck.

and if it is something that is likely long-term, well... that sucks.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I suppose I agree that he shouldn't play hurt, but this is not a long-term thing. He bruised his tailbone and back when he fell after taking a charge. That device is basically an attempt to get a massage while on the bench. This isn't a Steve Nash at the age of 34 situation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose I agree that he shouldn't play hurt, but this is not a long-term thing. He bruised his tailbone and back when he fell after taking a charge. That device is basically an attempt to get a massage while on the bench. This isn't a Steve Nash at the age of 34 situation.

No it isn't the same thing but IMO he's looked a little stiff out there ever since the fall. And while playing through it probably won't aggravate the back, I'd worry about other injuries as he compensates for the discomfort. I'd sit him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings beat the Magic 111-95 tonight. Their record is now 20-20.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is now listed as doubtful.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Jackson will start in Booker's place.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be a lot happier if Booker had been downgraded for tonight's game to snowball's chance in hell.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On defense sure, but we need spacing with Holmes or Ayton on the floor.

Spacing is always important. Let's hope he can provide an inside presence on defense.

Some inside scoring and rebounding would be nice as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be Josh Jackson's role on the team. It will be so exciting to seem him succeed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker avoiding yet another matchup with Doncic...

I kid, I kid....

If Booker misses the Dallas game I never thought of it as as a match up between Doncic and Booker.

Doncic is a power forward.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Booker misses the Dallas game I never thought of it as as a match up between Doncic and Booker.

Doncic is a power forward.
Mavs play positionless basketball much like we do. Barnes plays lot more like a traditional PF than Luka does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson