Clippers @ Suns 1-4-19

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a roster with zero consistent ballhandlers in an era which emphasizes it. Add into that we have a potential superstar center physically that plays like hes scared of his own shadow. Then throw in a few players that put their heads down when they don't get calls early.

All that together gets you this suns team in a nutshell

No... this is the suns in a nutshell!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
man... our guys can't even spell their own names!

this team is so atrocious on D. Literally, the only two guys who look like they even give a crap on that side of the ball are Holmes and Bridges.

I think Oubre does too. For as much crap as I give JJ, he does play hard too.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
man... our guys can't even spell their own names!

this team is so atrocious on D. Literally, the only two guys who look like they even give a crap on that side of the ball are Holmes and Bridges.

I'd add in jj and oubre. They gamble too much for my liking but they do care

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When some of the young players start turning on the franchise, it may never recover. The Suns reputation is already dreadful.

It's just a matter of time.

Start with a point guard and go from there.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And TJ Arren. Ain't no "W" in him either.
He’s not a bad defender anymore, he’s an average defender now. It’s insulting to put his name along with two guys who are probably the worst defensively at their position.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sarver needs to bring in a basketball ops person like Jerry West and give him full basketball authority.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver needs to bring in a basketball ops person like Jerry West and give him full basketball authority.

yup. that's the only way this team turns this ship around and gives it even a modicum of believability they belong in the NBA.

I wonder who the hell that could be these days? A Doug Collins? Larry Brown? I don't even know if those are even close to good ideas at this point. I'm at a total loss.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only Suns players that had a + (+/-) was Bridges with a +14 and Crawford with a +0.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jerry West doesn’t work for the minimum wage so he automatically doesn’t qualify for any positions in the Suns organization.

It’s why a smart man like Ballmer paid whatever it took to bring him in and the Clippers are now set up pretty well in the present and the future.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
yup. that's the only way this team turns this ship around and gives it even a modicum of believability they belong in the NBA.

I wonder who the hell that could be these days? A Doug Collins? Larry Brown? I don't even know if those are even close to good ideas at this point. I'm at a total loss.

Did you mean to say ship..."t"

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
They don't need Jerry West or Doug Collins, or Larry Brown. They need a real NBA point guard and another player or two who can score a little bit.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They don't need Jerry West or Doug Collins, or Larry Brown. They need a real NBA point guard and another player or two who can score a little bit.
They need a new owner. But everyone knows that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. The James Jones and inexperienced Igor combo is disastrous for a ridiculously young team. If Sarver doesn’t get it right now he will never get it.

Errntknght

Reaction score
That's the last thing that Sarver would ever do... he clings desperately to every shred of power he can. It's to the point that arguing about what he should do is pointless. Short of the league stepping in to take control and running the team, it will take him deciding to sell the team before the value drops lower than it already is. One presumes he does want to make money...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The James Jones and i experienced Igor combo is disastrous for a ridiculously young team. If Sarver doesn’t get it right now he will never get it.

If something doesn't happen soon no one will want to play here except aging players wanting a large contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s not a bad defender anymore, he’s an average defender now. It’s insulting to put his name along with two guys who are probably the worst defensively at their position.

Yes he is. He had a brief stretch where he looked like he'd turned the corner but it didn't last long. He's not as bad as Booker but he's still below average. And that's without considering that he doesn't rebound decently even for a small forward let alone the power forward spot he's been holding down. I've been a Warren supporter from the beginning but I'm tired of him now, if we can get decent value from him he's the first guy I'd trade.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
1Sun said:
There are no bad students, only bad teachers...

Um no, that is a stupid saying.

How so? If five out of thirty students in a class get D's and F's, it is the fault of those students. Even then, the question can be asked, "What did the prof do to get those five up to C-level?"

If 40-50% of the class or more gets D's and F's, it is clearly the fault of the prof ... and the principal who hired the prof to turn around a failing team.

Which category would you put this year's Suns into, after another 1st quarter blowout against the Suns tonight?

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Suns are horrible. There is no logical way to explain their spurts.

Holmes was much better than Ayton.

Suns, masters of making games look closer than the actually were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they haven't gotten the word that the tank is off. :)

I was of the opinion that Booker would eventually get pissed off. The response here was that he is under contract, so there is nothing to worry about.

It is evident that Booker is pissed off. He'll be even more pissed off when he doesn't get All Star votes because of the Suns' performance.

I was also of the opinion that Ayton, even as a rookie, would be guided by Booker's reaction. It is evident there is something to that.

The worse things have gotten this season, the more pressure has been put on Booker's shoulders.

And also on Ayton's rookie shoulders, who is adjusting to playing Center and the NBA schedule.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How so? If five out of thirty students in a class get D's and F's, it is the fault of those students. Even then, the question can be asked, "What did the prof do to get those five up to C-level?"

If 40-50% of the class or more gets D's and F's, it is clearly the fault of the prof ... and the principal who hired the prof to turn around a failing team.

Which category would you put this year's Suns into, after another 1st quarter blowout against the Suns tonight?

I can’t believe I need to explain this.

Some people resist being taught, some outright refuse thinking they know better. Some people are just dumber than others and may be incapable of learning something or take much longer to learn.

As far as whether I blame Igor for their slow starts. Honestly I have no idea and neither do you because neither of us have any idea what is being said to the team.

But in general I will always put more blame on the players to motivate themselves because they are supposed to be professionals and quite frankly can cost themselves millions for not putting out full effort.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

So, the same teacher who has Holmes playing hard is to blame for Ayton's lethargy? Got it. Damn that Holmes going against the coaches wishes! The same staff who has the bench hustling is reminding the starters to be passive? SMH.
It is disingenuous to compare professionals with students.
Perhaps the bench plays with effort because the bench has experience. Perhaps the starting group sucks because 3 of the best 5 players are rookies. Please tell me of a similar situation and how it worked out.

The Suns should have just hired an experienced coach, like Fizdale. Oh, wait...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe they haven't gotten the word that the tank is off. :)

I was of the opinion that Booker would eventually get pissed off. The response here was that he is under contract, so there is nothing to worry about.

It is evident that Booker is pissed off. He'll be even more pissed off when he doesn't get All Star votes because of the Suns' performance.

I was also of the opinion that Ayton, even as a rookie, would be guided by Booker's reaction. It is evident there is something to that.

The worse things have gotten this season, the more pressure has been put on Booker's shoulders.

And also on Ayton's rookie shoulders, who is adjusting to playing Center and the NBA schedule.

What is wrong with putting pressure on booker and ayton?

As team leaders they should feel pressure.

They should be pissed off, it means they care, which is the first step in fixing any problem.

I am not worried at all about booker getting pissed. It’s going to make him better. Why do you assume he is a crybaby quitter. If he was a quitter he would have already quit.

I don’t care what the suns current record is, the talent is improving and booker sees that too.