"Bidwill and Keim exposed and in denial."

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I believe Michael learned his lesson on this one. Too many big changes in one year. He admitted his mistake, and will make an offer right away if they're convinced the coach is the right one for this franchise moving ahead in today's NFL.

Strangely this season will have a lot to do in turning this team around for the long term now.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So Warner retired cause of a lowball offer..McCarthy was wrong for not going for 2 which is asinine.....BA was lucky....Whiz and BA never wanted to be here but came here? And SK purposely sabotaged Wilks all the while Mike B sat in the back office like Dr Evil.
Yeah great article!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as an aside:

with 8 HC openings, and, Arians lobbying for a couple open jobs--

if Arians doesnt get an interview for any of them --

is it safe to assume that Bruce retired due to issues beyond football?

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Damn you guys are mean. Mitch posted great stuff here. His post were informative and interesting. Yes he has his own opinions and most of you other guys do to, but he seemed to be ripped into more as he put himself out there.

The only thing is I wish Mitch would have realized if you post your opinion, and in detail like he did, you were going to get backlash no matter where you were to post it, but he just couldn't handle it.

I kind of have to disagree here. We have several posters who write detailed posts that are consistent in their content and also don't take it personally when you disagree.

K9 would be my first example of that

Chris, I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with in Shaggy's original post. I always enjoyed reading Mitch's posts but typically stopped reading the threads after they went past 2-3 pages from the dramatics. I think the article he wrote on the revenge of the birds is off base on some of the Arians things but is definitely relevant regarding Bidwill and Keim.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mitch had interesting takes, but i also thought he presented his pure speculation as informed fact.

interesting that he attributes all success over the last five years or so as Arians -- when he was leading the charge over the last couple years that it was Arians that was the problem.

So true. He was calling for Arians before last year.

I think the biggest condemnation of Wilks is that Arians vastly outperformed him with virtually the same roster. I actually wonder if Arians could've gotten more out of Bradford? I bet Rosen would've been substantially better than he was under McCoy/Leftwich because look at what Arians got from Blaine Gabber!?!? Arians had me thinking Gabbert might have turned the corner for a game or two.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I actually loved reading Mitch's opinions because it made me think outside the box.

That said, we have years and years of evidence that Mitch literally quoted his opinion as fact. St best, I can say he either had some in with the organization OR he posted a lot of dishonest rubbish citing his opinion as something the team believed.

He would mention some player that the Cardinals were interested in with the smallest of evidence.

Last year he said that the Patriots were highly interested in Kanoff based on the fact that the attended a workout. IMO that could just be a case of due diligence and the connection is spurious at best. After years of seeing this, I have to say, I side with the idea that Mitch flat out fabricates ideas and sells it as fact.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris, I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with in Shaggy's original post. I always enjoyed reading Mitch's posts but typically stopped reading the threads after they went past 2-3 pages from the dramatics. I think the article he wrote on the revenge of the birds is off base on some of the Arians things but is definitely relevant regarding Bidwill and Keim.

Just that you get ripped for putting yourself out there. We have several good posters that put themselves out there and don't get ripped for it. My apologies for not being clearer

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Just that you get ripped for putting yourself out there. We have several good posters that put themselves out there and don't get ripped for it. My apologies for not being clearer

i see what you're saying. People do disagree with Kerouac and Chopper but those two typically don't seem to whine about it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I honestly think Mitch gave different insights & opinions just to get people to think outside the box & to think of possibilities that COULD be going on inside the organization & behind the scenes.

Sometimes he didn’t budge on certain beliefs, but don’t we all? He’s got a great mind & imagination, but he’s also a great writer & knows the game as well.

I did find it odd that Mort & Schefter (whom I highly respect their opinions & are usually dead on) did report at the end of Their report on Wilks getting fired they said when personally talking to 2 coaches after interviewing with the Cards last season, both coaches said “I want no part of that organization”.

Maybe he’s not too far off base? Hmmmm makes you wonder what’s real & what’s not.
I posted earlier in the year about some NFL people saying to me that Bidwill is crazy to work for, or something along those lines, and people started ripping me. I was just passing on what I was told.

I like MB but we really have no idea how he is behind the scenes.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think the most credible reason Warner left was the fear of injury impacting his long term quality of life.

The Cards kind of fell into Arians. Everyone had passed on him for years. The Colts should have kept him and kicked Pagano into the front office.

Keim was a one trick pony (remake your career with one year deals) and hasn’t adapted to other GMs adopting this strategy. I’ll say now he should be gone. The Cards have a chance through FA & the draft to quickly rebuild, but they can’t afford any more lousy decisions.

I don’t know MB. I have good sources that Wilks was his call. I also feel Keim will not challenge him with a contrary opinion, but that’s just speculation.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I posted earlier in the year about some NFL people saying to me that Bidwill is crazy to work for, or something along those lines, and people started ripping me. I was just passing on what I was told.

Any examples of what kind of crazy? Any of us who have been in mulitple relationships know that is a broad term LOL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
some NFL people saying to me that Bidwill is crazy to work for,

I also feel Keim will not challenge him with a contrary opinion,

my pure speculation, informed by some relationships with people who did business with the Cards maybe 5 years ago and had some insight:

Speculation part:
Mike B is a pilot by hobby. Most every pilot I have known is 1. Very detailed, and 2. Control oriented. Combine that with reports that he is pretty intense guy, and it implies being a micro manager and not a fun person to work for all the time.

Informed part:
Cards were a little over the top on secrecy -- the career ruining move there would be to talk about the organization / its business to outsiders in a negative way. the tricky part was "negative way" had some pretty broad definitions, so people were afraid of saying anything that might be misconstrued.

I also suspect that managing the family dynamics: four siblings, two of which are basically supported by the team -- one, Bill Jr got passed over in favor of Mike to run the team -- is also tough and makes for some interesting situations in the building.

(as an aside: Bill Jr. was the one who negotiated Jake Plummer's massive contract extension without telling Bob Ferguson, GM at the time. Leigh Steinberg took Bill Jr to the cleaners. The size of the contract caused the Cards to have to shed payroll after their 98 playoff run. That move got Bill Jr.s wings clipped and opened things up for Mike)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Yes you did.

I’ve always found Michael to be a great man when meeting & talking to him. Very friendly, accessible & seemingly willing to do whatever it takes to build a winner.

I’m beginning to learn what you see isn’t always what you get. My feelings with much of what I’ve learned in the last year is starting to swing me on the other side & have serious doubt.

I just heard Eric Biennemy has turned down the Cards offer of an interview. Wow

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Any examples of what kind of crazy? Any of us who have been in mulitple relationships know that is a broad term LOL.

Go back and watch Hard Knocks focusing particularly on the Monday debrief sessions following a loss. Michael is very demonstrative wanting answers for poor performances. A couple of times he appeared to put BA on the defensive if that’s even possible. I’m sure he’s a demanding owner like so many CEOs are.

With all of that said, I absolutely love what Michael has done with this franchise the last decade plus. As he said during the recent press conference, he’s a fan first and I’m certain losing pains him more than it does any of us. His legacy is on the line every Sunday.

Believe me, Michael is not the main problem. I’ve heard player after player fawn to the media that Michael is responsible for providing any and all resources to make the team better (i.e.: comparable salaries/bonuses, state of the art weight room, cafeteria/nutritionist, practice bubble, private jet/helicopter, VR technology, etc, etc).

If that’s “crazy,” then I’ll take it everyday and twice on Sunday. Except of course when he overrides the guy he’s paying to hire the right football personnel. Then he needs to stay in his lane, unless there’s a reason not to. Hmmm...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's really sad is some here ripping Mitch a new a$$hole and he's isn't here to defend himself. If you are going to rip on him go post it on the ROTB site. I suggest that if anyone else here decides to link to a Mitch write up please note that so we don't have to read or see all this crap from those who rip on Mitch no matter what he writes. They can just not go to the link because they will know it's a Mitch article and they can just ignore it. Now those who don't like my post can flame away.

You must be registered for see images attach

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as an aside:

with 8 HC openings, and, Arians lobbying for a couple open jobs--

if Arians doesnt get an interview for any of them --

is it safe to assume that Bruce retired due to issues beyond football?

Health reasons. He contracted a case of Bidwillitis.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

(as an aside: Bill Jr. was the one who negotiated Jake Plummer's massive contract extension without telling Bob Ferguson, GM at the time. Leigh Steinberg took Bill Jr to the cleaners. The size of the contract caused the Cards to have to shed payroll after their 98 playoff run. That move got Bill Jr.s wings clipped and opened things up for Mike)

Never knew why that happened. First playoff run in decades, then.... Bye Larry Centers. Bye Jamir Miller. Bye Lomas Brown. Bye.......
Can't fault Michael B when the only sustained success this team has EVER enjoyed has directly correlated to his leadership.

The simple truth is that success in the NFL is impermanent and unsustainable unless you have a HOF quarterback, and you can sustain it for a while longer. Otherwise you have three to four year cycles of success and rebuilding. The league is built in every way to make that happen. We'll get better.

Look at just three years ago. 2015 final standings.

The Cardinals, Bengals, Redskins, Broncos, and Vikings were all first place teams.
The Saints, Bears, Cowboys, Chargers, and Rams were all losing teams.

Now all the first place teams are picking top ten in the draft, and the last place teams are all in the playoffs, most with first round byes.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What's really sad is some here ripping Mitch a new a$$hole and he's isn't here to defend himself. If you are going to rip on him go post it on the ROTB site. I suggest that if anyone else here decides to link to a Mitch write up please note that so we don't have to read or see all this crap from those who rip on Mitch no matter what he writes. They can just not go to the link because they will know it's a Mitch article and they can just ignore it. Now those who don't like my post can flame away.

Been there, tried that.

Still ends up being like this on every link to a Mitch article.

On one hand, I am with you, why not just talk about the subject and not the author, and if you want to attack the author, go to RoB and do it.

On the other hand, these threads give an idea of how much the guy used to ruffle feathers in this forum.

In the end, we will all be doing this on Twitter in 10 years, so we have that going for us.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Go back and watch Hard Knocks focusing particularly on the Monday debrief sessions following a loss. Michael is very demonstrative wanting answers for poor performances. A couple of times he appeared to put BA on the defensive if that’s even possible. I’m sure he’s a demanding owner like so many CEOs are.

With all of that said, I absolutely love what Michael has done with this franchise the last decade plus. As he said during the recent press conference, he’s a fan first and I’m certain losing pains him more than it does any of us. His legacy is on the line every Sunday.

Believe me, Michael is not the main problem. I’ve heard player after player fawn to the media that Michael is responsible for providing any and all resources to make the team better (i.e.: comparable salaries/bonuses, state of the art weight room, cafeteria/nutritionist, practice bubble, private jet/helicopter, VR technology, etc, etc).

If that’s “crazy,” then I’ll take it everyday and twice on Sunday. Except of course when he overrides the guy he’s paying to hire the right football personnel. Then he needs to stay in his lane, unless there’s a reason not to. Hmmm...

Good post.

One thing about Bidwill, is he is 3rd generation. Keeping his hubris, and ego under control is almost impossible for the reality he grew up in.

If you think about last year, Bidwill ended up looking the fool on a lot of levels. Many of those he could have avoided, IMHO.

I would hope his ghosting of the organization throughout this pathetic excuse for a football season was more about him being humbled and less about him being a fair weather owner.

Bidwill seemed to not get enough camera time and attention when the team was doing well, and yet this year he was a ghost.

We will see, but maybe it is time for Bidwill to shelve his belief that he has a super power to know when a person is B.S.'ing him, and start to realize he has to put in the work and learn the business like everyone else.

Because so far, every time he puts his money where his "super power" tell him to, it blows up in his face.