Cardinals mulling sweeping changes: GM Steve Keim could join Raiders, head-coach search likely

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’m not married to the idea of keeping Keim, but he does have measurable success that people can reference. Meaning you could do a lot worse if you try and upgrade at the GM position.

Wilks is a different story. He has no attributes that indicate he’s a head coach in the NFL.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim is not a horrible GM & will win big with Gruden if he goes to the Raiders. I've said it many times & I'll say it again, Keim had NOTHING to do with the Wilks hire. That was 100% on Michael Bidwill. I'm sure we can find a solid GM, but there's no guarantee he'll be better than Keim. On the other hand, we can hire a HS janitor for HC & it would be an upgrade over Wilks.
How do you know the Wilks hire was 100% on Bidwill and 0 on Keim?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 seasons... 2 playoff appearances... 1 playoff win... three straight seasons without winning season and when left to his own devices completely without Arians, produces the single worst team in the history of the Cardinals.

Sorry. You don't get a mulligan after an abortion of a season like this, that was preceded by two incredibly disappointing seasons where the team was going "all in" for a title.

More than any reason I don't want him back though is his absolute inability to create an O-line. No O-line = Josh Rosen dead. I don't trust Keim to do the most important thing a team can for a young QBOTF, so you have to go find someone else.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m not married to the idea of keeping Keim, but he does have measurable success that people can reference. Meaning you could do a lot worse if you try and upgrade at the GM position.

Wilks is a different story. He has no attributes that indicate he’s a head coach in the NFL.

The most likely scenario that I see is...

Steve Keim - GM
Freddie Kitchens - HC
Byron Leftwich - OC
Todd Bowles - DC

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
In the comments on his Twitter feed Benjamin Albright mentions Eliot Wolf, didn’t know much about him but young (36), 13 years with the Packers and this year assistant GM with the Browns.

Does Albright have any connections or is it pure speculation?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is actually going to be a desirable destination for a GM and coach. Number one pick, potential QBOTF, and some pieces to build around (Chandler Jones PP21 and David Johnson)
I’ma get hate for this, but I would honestly trade both PP21 & David. I love both, but PP21 is close to 30 & will experience a drop off sooner than later, imo. Better get some assets while you can (2019 1st & 3rd would do). David is already 27 & it is easier to find productive RBs(perhaps a 2nd & 4th/or 5th). This team is some years away even with a good coach.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
In the comments on his Twitter feed Benjamin Albright mentions Eliot Wolf, didn’t know much about him but young (36), 13 years with the Packers and this year assistant GM with the Browns.

Does Albright have any connections or is it pure speculation?

Eliot wolf will want Mike McCarthy

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I’ma get hate for this, but I would honestly trade both PP21 & David. I love both, but PP21 is close to 30 & will experience a drop off sooner than later, imo. Better get some assets while you can (2019 1st & 3rd would do). David is already 27 & it is easier to find productive RBs(perhaps a 2nd & 4th/or 5th). This team is some years away even with a good coach.

Could you imaging the secondary without PP21?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Where would this team be had James Bettcher been the hire as HC? I don’t think too many of us would have been excited about it but I have to believe they would be more competitive.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Where would this team be had James Bettcher been the hire as HC? I don’t think too many of us would have been excited about it but I have to believe they would be more competitive.

If we had to suffer through this to get a top flight coach like Harbaugh, I can live with it. But we need to get this next hire right. And a Bettcher level coach will not do

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Benjamin Albright mentions Eliot Wolf, didn’t know much about him but young (36), 13 years with the Packers and this year assistant GM with the Browns.

Ron Wolf's son