Cardinals mulling sweeping changes: GM Steve Keim could join Raiders, head-coach search likely

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Good God Almighty. People actually want Peyton Manning as GM? C'mon guys, I am not interested in a project as my GM who has to learn the basics of the job.

I don't have the answer and whomever said it isn't my job to know the candidates is 100% right but one thing I am certain of is Peyton Manning is the answer to the question:

What is the single dumbest decision Michael Bidwill and the Cardinals child make this off-season?
One of the greatest minds the NFL has ever known. Almost everything he does, turns to gold!

I don’t want to sound like I’m questioning anybody’s dedication in NFL offices, but Manning would be soooo dedicated to his craft. It might not work out, but it would be hard to bet against him given his success in everything he does. I believe he will be a phenomenal GM if ownership gives him a full shot at building a team.

They guy is a football guru, who lives & luvs the game!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the greatest minds the NFL has ever known. Almost everything he does, turns to gold!

I don’t want to sound like I’m questioning anybody’s dedication in NFL offices, but Manning would be soooo dedicated to his craft. It might not work out, but it would be hard to bet against him given his success in everything he does. I believe he will be a phenomenal GM if ownership gives him a full shot at building a team.

They guy is a football guru, who lives & luvs the game!

I'll take an unknown (at the position of GM) like Manning over what we have in Keim.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can't replace Keim unless you, Bucky, knows who we would replace him with specifically. If you don't have a name then your statement is incorrect. I need specific names. /s

Don't get mad cause you don't actually know what your talking about lol. You wanna sit here and call for guys jobs but when asked what direction would you go if a change was made you say well im just fan that's not my job to have solutions I just point out problems

Ok I'll stop. It's bullying at this point.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've actually had really really bad drafts.

Tom Brady and Bill B make them good.
:bang:

You are making statements. Please back them up with examples and evidence. Most anyone in position to judge drafts with expertise has said the Patriots work the draft better than any team ever has. Moving down for value at every opportunity. They are the masters of Free agency acquisitions.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Don't get mad cause you don't actually know what your talking about lol. You wanna sit here and call for guys jobs but when asked what direction would you go if a change was made you say well im just fan that's not my job to have solutions I just point out problems

What an oversimplified reply.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Lol you ain't bullying anyone sweetie

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:bang:

You are making statements. Please back them up with examples and evidence. Most anyone in position to judge drafts with expertise has said the Patriots work the draft better than any team ever has. Moving down for value at every opportunity. They are the masters of Free agency acquisitions.

That's really not true at all. Mel Kiper even said "if this were any other GM they would be fired" leading up to the draft last year. Now where they shine is getting players to fit. They have such a strong culture they can take risk on questionable FA. I give credit to the coaches and Brady himself

Kind of like when Pop had Duncan. When your big time star is held accountable everyone takes notice.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really not true at all. Mel Kiper even said "if this were any other GM they would be fired" leading up to the draft last year. Now where they shine is getting players to fit. They have such a strong culture they can take risk on questionable FA. I give credit to the coaches and Brady himself

Kind of like when Pop had Duncan. When your big time star is held accountable everyone takes notice.

Really? Mel Kiper. That makes it factual?

I give.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim is not a horrible GM & will win big with Gruden if he goes to the Raiders. I've said it many times & I'll say it again, Keim had NOTHING to do with the Wilks hire. That was 100% on Michael Bidwill. I'm sure we can find a solid GM, but there's no guarantee he'll be better than Keim. On the other hand, we can hire a HS janitor for HC & it would be an upgrade over Wilks.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why.

Got somebody better? Don't know what you got till its gone.
PWT (point well taken) but I confess to wanting very badly for us to sign a more talented GM who, in turn, can bring in a more talented coaching staff.

(I don't know enough about coaching to point fingers, but to me, there are more than a few indications - from predictable play-calling to poor open field blocking and and tacking techniques - that the Cards are a badly-coached FB team).

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PWT (point well taken) but I confess to wanting very badly for us to sign a more talented GM who, in turn, can bring in a more talented coaching staff.

(I don't know enough to point fingers, but to me, there are more than a few indications - from predictable play calling to poor open field blocking and and tacking techniques - that the Cards are a badly-coached FB team).

The only HC that Keim brought in was Arians, and that was a pretty good hire by anyone's standards. Wilks was NOT brought in by Keim. Michael wanted a young Christian-like leader of men, not another bourbon swigging, trash talking Arian's type coach. Well, he got his wish. And we are all seeing how that worked out.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The only HC that Keim brought in was Arians, and that was a pretty good hire by anyone's standards. Wilks was NOT brought in by Keim. Michael wanted a young Christian-like leader of men, not another bourbon swigging, trash talking Arian's type coach. Well, he got his wish. And we are all seeing how that worked out.
Which if true is why I am guessing Keim will stick around unless he takes the Raiders job so we don't have to buy out his contract. The media people are already circling the wagons around him while throwing Wilks under the bus.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go look at our 2016 and 2017 drafts. That's the reason we suck, not going all in during the BA years. The 2014 draft was also a disaster.
I have a different though parallel take:

Consider the talented players we let get away - Calais. The Badger. And I'd make a case for Adrian Peterson.

We can quibble about age, value and money, but then put them along side some of the players we kept - like TE's who can't catch (I'm talking about you #86), receivers who can't separate, LB's who can't cover, injury-prone OL's or any WR or DB named Williams - & we're describing a roster in steep decline.

And what's the deal about Sam Bradford? Did we know he was injured and took the risk anyway? Or didn't our medics understand the extent of his injury? Or had he healed and just sucked anyway?

Al I know is that a pretty solid roster crumbled nearly to dust inside of a year, and our front office and coaching staff apparently didn't know how to stop the bleeding.

"Accountability" is one of those coachspeak cliches - but what I do believe is that management that doesn't take the bull by the horn &, instead, waits for bad things to happen is asking for an surefire invitation to disaster.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Which if true is why I am guessing Keim will stick around unless he takes the Raiders job so we don't have to buy out his contract. The media people are already circling the wagons around him while throwing Wilks under the bus.

How can he take the Raiders job if he is under contract with us? The only way I see him leaving is if Bidwill wants to get rid of him because of his actions away from football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard