Cardinals mulling sweeping changes: GM Steve Keim could join Raiders, head-coach search likely

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It ain't my job as a fan to know all up and coming GMs. Does that make my statement incorrect?

I've said in my previous reply I haven't been happy with the product on the field for 3-4 years. Our offensive line is atrocious, our coaching staff is total garbage, we have a lot of holes on this team.

Who does that all fall on? It's not difficult to take a team and turn it into a winner in one season in the NFL, yet here we are, terrible again.

Ok so you don't really know.

That's all you had to say.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why.

Got somebody better? Don't know what you got till its gone.

So fear of potentially doing worse should prevent you from striving to do better?

I can't see how you can be in favor of firing the coach after 1 year yet not the guy responsible for his hiring whose had several years on the job and has seen the talent level on the team plummet to where it is now at. In addition to the off field embarrassment.

Fire both now or keep them and be in the same spot next year for a reset, but don't let a lame duck GM who just botched the last coaching hire lead another.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bidwill is going to have to write a massive check to can both Wilks and Keim. Not sure he’s going to do that. If he fires one, it has to be Wilks

He's flush with State Farm money from the new stadium naming deal. He'll cut 2 checks. It will be painful, but the money is more than there.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Bidwill is going to have to write a massive check to can both Wilks and Keim. Not sure he’s going to do that. If he fires one, it has to be Wilks

I feel like this needs to happen though. Wilks is just bad and Keim has not drafted a pro bowler in the 1st or 2nd rounds at all to my knowledge.

EDIT: I forgot Baker made the pro bowl last year

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keim/Wilks are acting like they are getting a Mulligan on this season.

They have been in player evaluation mode since week four.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe knock on the door of any successful NFL team's player personnel department starting with New England.

i.e. Nick Caserio

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

That will definitely cut into the 250 mil these franchises profit from each year.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
We can't replace Keim unless you, Bucky, knows who we would replace him with specifically. If you don't have a name then your statement is incorrect. I need specific names. /s

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good God Almighty. People actually want Peyton Manning as GM? C'mon guys, I am not interested in a project as my GM who has to learn the basics of the job.

I don't have the answer and whomever said it isn't my job to know the candidates is 100% right but one thing I am certain of is Peyton Manning is the answer to the question:

What is the single dumbest decision Michael Bidwill and the Cardinals child make this off-season?

Last edited:

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good God Almighty. People actually want Peyton Manning as GM? C'mon guys, I am not interested in a project as my GM who has to learn the basics of the job.

Right now I'm hoping for Black Monday to hit at 8am tomorrow, with Cortez being summoned down from he stands to be the GM. Football guy. Will wear his full uniform to work every day. Already attends every game, so he's studied the Cards closely. Yeah, he might have to do some learning on the job, but would be an immediate upgrade over Keim.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I’d hire Peyton Manning as our new GM & let him make that decision.

The guy is football smart beyond belief
I would make him the Cardinals football czar with sweeping powers. I have been beating this drum since the day he retired. He ran just about every facet of the team in Indy.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I would make him the Cardinals football czar with sweeping powers. I have been beating this drum since the day he retired. He ran just about every facet of the team in Indy.
Yep!

Plus he openly stated he wants to be an NFL GM, I believe it was last year.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep!

Plus he openly stated he wants to be an NFL GM, I believe it was last year.

Give him a piece of the team if that is what it takes to get him. Those Papa John's franchises may be eating him up. He needs a job. He can even give his brother Cooper a job in the front office. Team Manning can taunt Team Elway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard