OT Urban Meyer to retire after Rose Bowl

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he has really that problem with the cyst, he will not coach again, if this is only to get out ... yeah call him

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the spotlight on recent D V incidents it' is not good timing considering he supported and enabled his serial wife beating assistant coach.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Deja vu all over again. He's still relatively young. Probably will be back coaching in a couple of years. In college, not the NFL.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deja vu all over again. He's still relatively young. Probably will be back coaching in a couple of years. In college, not the NFL.
USC seems to be an eventual landing spot. Crazy situation out there. Clay Helton dead man walking until Kliff Kingsbury gets hired as OC and saves Helton's azz.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, if health reasons translates to the program's probably in more trouble and he wants to get out while the getting's good, then he's retiring for health reasons.
Complete nonsense.

He may coach again but there aren't any issues with the program. A lot of it had to do with him being suspended.

And, no, I do not him involved any way with the Cards and don't think he'd be a good NFL coach.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My initial thoughts were that UM would legitimately retire. I’m less prone to think that now. I think he’ll take a year off then jump back in the saddle. Of course, that’s contingent on his doctors clearing him to resume his career. He’s extremely competitive & wants his name to be mentioned in the same sentence as Saban. USC would offer him an excellent opportunity to win NC’s.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
My initial thoughts were that UM would legitimately retire. I’m less prone to think that now. I think he’ll take a year off then jump back in the saddle. Of course, that’s contingent on his doctors clearing him to resume his career. He’s extremely competitive & wants his name to be mentioned in the same sentence as Saban. USC would offer him an excellent opportunity to win NC’s.
I could see him going to a USC type school. He's not going to take some Podunk job though and I think it will be a couple years at least. The cyst is a real concern no matter how much some want to dismiss it.

If they can get that under control, why not coach again?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, it takes a lot.to rise to the level of "most despised college coach" for me. So many are so awful. But Meyer.... burn in hell. What he did with Hernandez at UF cost lives. He killed.those people as much as Hernandez did.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am serious. Urban Meyer would be in the flames of hell forever if I was in charge.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, it takes a lot.to rise to the level of "most despised college coach" for me. So many are so awful. But Meyer.... burn in hell. What he did with Hernandez at UF cost lives. He killed.those people as much as Hernandez did.

What do he did that thinks he help AH kill people?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Thanks. I needed some comedy relief today.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Complete nonsense.

He may coach again but there aren't any issues with the program. A lot of it had to do with him being suspended.

And, no, I do not him involved any way with the Cards and don't think he'd be a good NFL coach.

Right. Because it's okay to bury sins with ridiculously low token "suspensions" because the coach is good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson