Kareem Hunt caught on video assaulting 19 year old woman

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hmm call the police and don’t let her in? Doesn’t mean a pro athlete has to get physical with a much smaller weaker person.
Also, don't lie about it, for almost a year, to your employer. Just like most things in life, it's the cover up, aftermath, and lying that usually makes things worse...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Im not grading im comparing, and are 2 different stories, i saw a man shoving another man and making domino effect on the lady
When she was on the ground the kick was weak and that s why she even didnt report it to the policeman
From the video is pretty clear that he was trying to discuss with her but the girl assaulted him
its an exaggeration to release him
Certainly he made a mistake and he deserve some sanctions but being released...
We saw players keep playing after more alarming behaviour
The incident didn't get him released. His stupidity and lying, in the aftermath got him released.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What I don't understand is Hunt gets released and may never play again but there's video of Mixon decking a girl and he's drafted in round 2 and hasn't missed a game. I know it happened while he was at Oklahoma but does that really make a difference?

Hunt will show remorse, go to counseling, serve a 6 game suspension, and be on a roster next year. Hell, the cowboys signed the DE from Carolina, the Skins signed Foster. He'll be playing for someone.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
So, someone trespasses on my property, continues to make a disturbance, casts racial slurs and then punches me in the face and not only am I not allowed to defend myself in ANY way, I'm going to lose my job over this?

Why aren't charges being brought against this female?

If simply making any form of contact equals assault then I think we're all in trouble. The descriptions of this video are being greatly exaggerated and I expected something along the lines of Ray Rice but Hunt is being railroaded by reverse bullying here IMO. That woman is completely at fault for the whole situation and should have been behind bars for being a violent trouble-maker. She wasn't innocent and was the one causing all the trouble. Why does she get off scott free and Hunt loses his whole career? Funny how equal rights only apply in one direction.

If a man did that to Hunt would it even be news when he defended himself or lost his temper?

Wow, that's pretty harsh. I heard/read that Hunt hit her because she refused to have sex with one of his entourage. And she was trying to defend herself as well. And kick her when she's down? That's being a being a real man, right?

But seriously, what are these young girls thinking?!? Hooking up with a guy, late at night, drunk - who I'm sure said 'hey, I'm Kareem Hunt, NFL player!" Nothing good will come of that ... sigh. Ray Rice video was much worse, AND it was his girlfriend!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
look at the bright side.

we now know where leveon bell is gonna sign come march

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Also, don't lie about it, for almost a year, to your employer. Just like most things in life, it's the cover up, aftermath, and lying that usually makes things worse...

Exactly. If there's one thing I've learned in 44 years on this planet, it's that you need to admit mistakes asap and deal with the consequences.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For those of you saying Hunt won’t play again in the NFL and cite ray rice, I’m jealous that you have to much faith in the NFL. Ray rice isn’t playing anymore because he was a 27 year old back averaging 3 YPC. Hunt is 23 and one of the best backs in the nfl, he will go on to have a impactful career for some team once this all dies down. It’s all hypocrisy in the NFL. They only want to do the right thing once the evidence is presented to the public. How many of these incidents do you think they are keeping under the rug because there’s no video evidence, or it hasn’t been obtained by the public. This happened in February, and they are just seeing the video? Doubtful.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have any proof of her calling him the n-word? Did you not see him SHOVE her and then SHOVE the guy out of the way and then RAISE HIS ARMS towards her AGAIN before she defended herself? She didn't make first contact there.
There have been times when " the N word defense " has become the rationale for assault. That is sad that words can be punished by assault.

Maybe the circumstance mentioned about Hunt attempting to hook his buddy up with her and her refusal can be brought to this conversation.

BTW The Chiefs are catching up to Redskins and Bengals with Tyreke Hill and Kareem Hunt. The NFL needs to hire a private investigating agency to handle these events. Hunt lied to the Chiefs is one sorry ass excuse for Chiefs to deflect their complicit behavior in this.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Both of you are going P & R on this. Boooo.
How was my example political or religious? Everyone's got a button that can be pushed and it's unrealistic to suggest that everyone should stay rational and calm in every situation no matter what.

Tell someone how to raise their kids or that you're going to have sex with their spouse or any number of other examples and watch many or most get ready with a physical response.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell someone how to raise their kids or that you're going to have sex with their spouse or any number of other examples and watch many or most get ready with a physical response.

Then they have a problem. It is not worth spending jail time, losing a career or worse because of insults. That falls under the heading of irrational response. A judge, jury, employer et al will not see it as a proper and proportionate response.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Then they have a problem. It is not worth spending jail time, losing a career or worse because of insults. That falls under the heading of irrational response. A judge, jury, employer et al will not see it as a proper and proportionate response.
Okay, I guess you're lucky to be a Vulcan and devoid of emotion. I just disagree that there is never any reason to issue a physical response. Not necessarily a punch but it makes it hard to discuss when all physical contact is being considered an assault.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score

Children do that. Not adults.

Especially not adults who are dealing with strangers whose opinion should hold no power over them.

Why would you care what someone who had no bearing on your life and that you never have to interact with said?

Prisons and graveyards are full off people who have criminal emotional responses instead of just acting like an adult.

Most people don't react how you state though. Millions upon millions have a strong enough self in sense where their pride and ego isn't that fragile.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Okay, I guess you're lucky to be a Vulcan and devoid of emotion. I just disagree that there is never any reason to issue a physical response. Not necessarily a punch but it makes it hard to discuss when all physical contact is being considered an assault.

Not devoid of emotion.

Just having emotional control.

If you don't, then work on it. Life gets so much easier when you don't get bruised at every slight by unimportant people.

When I did my study abroad in London I had many conversations about politics, people, etc. Hot and emotional topics. You learn when to engage or not.

Once a group of 5 of us were walking and stopped at a light. This little scrawny dude comes up to us and says the following: "all Americans should be shot..... In the f'in head"

We were all between 19-22. Two in our group were seniors who started for our basketball team. At the time I went about 6'5" 200. Our smallest guy was about 5'9" and built.

This dude was about 5'6" and maybe 135.

Our response?!

We laughed. The guy was thrown off and did a mocking laugh and we then wished him a good day and told him we appreciated him as the light changed and we went on with our day - which included a decent lunch, some sightseeing, real conversation with locals and many tasty beers.

It would have been easy to beat the hell out of the guy. He definitely was trying to be offensive and get us riled up.

There was around 7m people in the city. This was just random guy on the street that we would never see again, was no threat to us and was completely irrelevant to our lives.

The only way he could harm us is if we reacted in a way where we would harm ourselves.

Again, not complicated

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
No one should pick him up off of waivers.

No one should pick him up off of waivers.

Depending on how he learns and reacts from this I would be ok seeing him on the field.

If he can grow beyond being a knucklehead and actually show accountability his offense isnt one that can't be redeemed.

However, redemption can't come without reflection and effort

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If a person knows the rules of law going in, adjust or fail.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
The police didn't know who Hunt was and still didn't arrest him. A black man assaulting a white girl not being arrested? Does that sound common? It suggests to me that she wasn't actually hurt or anything more than scared and that she was in that situation because of her own actions.

So why does Hunt have to suffer all of the consequences? She is the monster in this situation, not him. Anyone who intentionally sets out to extort and/or ruin another person's life is much more monstrous than someone who loses their temper after being continuously prodded.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose