Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad Times at the El Royale

Release date: October 12, 2018
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Drew Goddard
MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence, language, some drug content and brief nudity)
Screenwriter: Drew Goddard
Genre: Drama, Action

Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Jeff Bridges, Cailee Spaeny, Russell Crowe, Cynthia Erivo, Dakota Johnson, Jon Hamm, Lewis Pullman

Plot Summary: Seven strangers, each with a secret to bury, meet at Lake Tahoe's El Royale, a rundown hotel with a dark past. Over the course of one fateful night, everyone will have a last shot at redemption... before everything goes to hell. Jeff Bridges, Chris Hemsworth, Jon Hamm, Dakota Johnson and Cynthia Erivo lead an all-star cast in "Bad Times at the El Royale."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of this a lot - hope the execution lives up to it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seeing it tomorrow. great cast and I'm a huge fan of Drew Goddard who wrote and directed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic. I don't want to say why I loved it so much, as it might be construed as a giveaway.
You know, we don't agree on much, but I already wanted to see it, and this post makes me want to see it more now. :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic. I don't want to say why I loved it so much, as it might be construed as a giveaway.
This movie was absolutely incredible!!!! Best I’ve seen in a really long time.!!! WOW

I’m surprised you and I are the only ones to see or at least comment yet... we both thought fantastic and our movie likes are mostly complete opposite ends of the spectrum....

I could listen to Cynthia Erivo sing all day long!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m surprised you and I are the only ones to see or at least comment yet... we both thought fantastic and our movie likes are mostly complete opposite ends of the spectrum....

I could listen to Cynthia Erivo sing all day long!!!

Yeah, she was magnificent. On a side note, I thought Dakota was just some frump girl until this movie--WOW! No way was I watching that fake **** trash 50 Shades, though, so I guess they frumped her up until it got to the sexy times lol

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Yes, I won't be able to see it in the theater, but this makes me bump it to the top of my netflix queue when it's available.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The climax was a little silly but overall a really good movie.
The whole movie was a little silly, but a ton of fun. I liked the jumping around in time aspect of the plot, I'm thinking Drew Goddard watched a lot of Pulp Fiction when he was writing this movie.

I thought it took a tad too long to get going, but once it did, the twists and turns were a lot of fun. I for one loved the final reveal leading to the "silly" climax--I was almost cheering when a certain character suddenly became something we didn't expect.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it, but my expectations were too high. Goddard is a writing genius as far as i'm concerned between Cabin In The Woods, The Martian and being an EP on The Good Place, but it was just missing that one thing I can't put my finger on that would have made it special.

Still, really fun time at the movies and definitely not your average flick.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it, but my expectations were too high. Goddard is a writing genius as far as i'm concerned between Cabin In The Woods, The Martian and being an EP on The Good Place, but it was just missing that one thing I can't put my finger on that would have made it special.

Still, really fun time at the movies and definitely not your average flick.

Been a huge Goddard fan dating back to his days on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Great writer. The problem is in my area, they pulled this movie from just about every major chain. It was only showing once a day in some theaters. Was looking forward to his but trying to find a showtime has been a pain in the ass with my schedule.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave