DJ’s fumble

Reaction score
that wasn’t a big hit that was just a strip. But yeah I was outta my mind to be worried about his ball security coming off his wrist injury.
I'm not sure but wasn't the wrist injury on the other arm, not the arm he had the ball in when it got knocked out.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s not hurt geesh! The poopy way he is being used and his low production is just all up in his head and making him think and try to do to much! The OC and terrible use of DJ and Fitz for that matter is killing this offense and the proven talent we do have! DJ is not broken he is probably fuckingmpissed off like Fitz that they have no idea how to use them properly.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
He’s not hurt geesh! The ****** way he is being used and his low production is just all up in his head and making him think and try to do to much! The OC and terrible use of DJ and Fitz for that matter is killing this offense and the proven talent we do have! DJ is not broken he is probably fuckingmpissed off like Fitz that they have no idea how to use them properly.
This!

Fumbles happen to all RBs, no big deal. DJ isn't playing well at the moment, but part of it are frustration, trying to do too much and not getting in any kind of rhythm. Even the best players make mistakes when the whole offense isn't clicking. Same can be said for Fitz who isn't used like he should be, therefore dropping some balls he usually catches. If your offense as a whole unit is in shambles, your playmakers can't come close to their potential.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah I think the hopelessness of the season is just getting to him. Every now and then, he shows that he's still got it, but I don't think the opportunities are there for him to break a long one. I think that's what we're all waiting for.

It is strange that he's still wearing that black wrist brace I started a thread about after the first game. I don't think it's affecting his ability to hold onto the ball or catch though, as I think it did in the first game. In that game, they had it covered up by a massive amount of tape, to the point that the stiff tape was covering up part of his hand, preventing him from bending his hand backwards, which is essential in order to catch a ball. The black wrist brace by itself shouldn't be a problem. But I do think it's strange that nobody in the media has at least asked him about it yet. Just a quick "Hey Dave, what's up with the wrist brace?"

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's the Wilks cancer it's affected everyone except Chandler Jones. All these players just don't lose the edge. Welcome to the Wilks Cancer and it's spreading

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I might be imagining it, but I don't like how he's carrying himself on the field. It's like zero emotion. Zero energy.
I agree. It’s not the enthusiastic DJ we know from the past. Seems totally disengaged. Missing assignments admittedly going the wrong way, doesn’t seem to be breaking tackles, no jump cuts.

Yes he’s being misused, but he also seems to be mentally outta here.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I agree. It’s not the enthusiastic DJ we know from the past. Seems totally disengaged. Missing assignments admittedly going the wrong way, doesn’t seem to be breaking tackles, no jump cuts.

Yes he’s being misused, but he also seems to be mentally outta here.

this was the first game where I thought DJs running is part of the issue

he is being indecisive-- he used to get north/south quickly. As an example, there was a carry early in the game where he had 6 yards or more had just busted it up where it was blocked -- instead tried to cut back twice and go outside only to be tackled by Tre Waynes for a 2 yard gain.

It got better later it the game, but I wonder if he so lacks confidence in the hole being where its supposed to be that we see this tentative tap dancing as he approaches the line.....

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim should trade DJ to the Iggles while he is still worth potentially a couple first round picks +. He’s slowly losing value, has a bloated contract , and hasn’t rushed for a 100 yards in 13 games . This isn’t all on the coaching staff , he looks stiff, runs tepid, drops passes , fumbles, mental errors etc .

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, I don't know that we can make determinations on any under-performing player with this staff.
Chandler & Budda playing great even under this pathetic staff really shows you how special they are(Yea, I think Budda is special).

Also, I guarantee Kirk will be a top 10 WR within the next 2 years. Can’t wait for him to reach his full potential under a competent coaching staff.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It’s football strips happen I’m more concerned about 2 drops right in Fitz hands one for a sure TD and another easy drop by Kirk.... Thise just can’t happen...

Make that three drops by fitz

Was that in yesterdays game?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim should trade DJ to the Iggles while he is still worth potentially a couple first round picks +. He’s slowly losing value, has a bloated contract , and hasn’t rushed for a 100 yards in 13 games . This isn’t all on the coaching staff , he looks stiff, runs tepid, drops passes , fumbles, mental errors etc .

I'd be amazed if anybody trades a couple of first round picks for a RB, especially one coming off a broken wrist that doesn't look the same right now.

RB's just aren't as valuable now in the NFL as they used to be due to length of career etc.

If we could get 2 first round picks for him it would be tempting, I'm not sure we could even get 1 right now.

And I think he's still a very good player on a very bad offense.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
When you are consistently being put in situations that play to your weaknesses vs your strengths, you tend to start to check out.
Exactly. when he's constantly told to go up the middle when the hole is not there is asking for trouble. He's either going to get hurt or he's going to get stripped which happened yesterday in the fumble. McCoy is def not playing David at his strength which is playing the sides with momentum and elusiveness.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fans complaining about running backs, especially ones with a history of being great like DJ really irritates me.

Did you see the holes Latavius Murray got yesterday? Literally almost any fan could have run for 10 yds the way they were blocked. If David had those same runs a bunch of fans would be on here saying how great he looked - because they don't know what they are talking about.

I have not seen David get 1 play blocked nearly that well all year. Probably because we are not going against the Cardinals defense - but I digress. My point is the way to judge a back is how well does he make people miss in space, and do they attempt to go through the holes they are given. I just cannot see how anyone can criticize David for either.

Some of you seem to have a real short memory - David's best quality was his pass catching. That is something this coaching staff barely even try's to do with him. It's so obvious it hurts.

If you were McCoy - you had a back that almost got a thousand and a thousand, and had a hundred yds from scrimmage for 15 weeks in a row, but you could not seem to duplicate that, wouldn't you look at that film and see what they were doing differently?

The fact they still are not throwing to him virtually at all, says all you need to know about this coaching staff.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chandler & Budda playing great even under this pathetic staff really shows you how special they are(Yea, I think Budda is special).

Also, I guarantee Kirk will be a top 10 WR within the next 2 years. Can’t wait for him to reach his full potential under a competent coaching staff.
Budda finally flashed the player I saw in college with his scoop and score. It is odd that I thought he would be more of a single high safety in the NFL.

Kirk will shine once he can play almost exclusively in the slot. He seems to have a nice connection with Rosen which will help.

Here is my hot take...I think the best defensive players we have are not scheme dependent. Chandler Jones, Patrick Peterson, and Budda Baker can play in any scheme. The only bad part of our switch to a 4-3 is that we did not have any 4-3 LBs on our roster and then we didn't sign any in FA, nor did we draft any. In fact, you can argue that the improvement of Nkemdiche as a 3T is worth the transition.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DJ fumbling one ball is the least of the Cardinals problems on offense. The problems start up front where the Cardinals have the worst OL in the league.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Budda finally flashed the player I saw in college with his scoop and score. It is odd that I thought he would be more of a single high safety in the NFL.

Kirk will shine once he can play almost exclusively in the slot. He seems to have a nice connection with Rosen which will help.

Here is my hot take...I think the best defensive players we have are not scheme dependent. Chandler Jones, Patrick Peterson, and Budda Baker can play in any scheme. The only bad part of our switch to a 4-3 is that we did not have any 4-3 LBs on our roster and then we didn't sign any in FA, nor did we draft any. In fact, you can argue that the improvement of Nkemdiche as a 3T is worth the transition.
Why only limit Kirk to the slot though? Please don’t say height because he’s pretty much on par with AB & OBJ height-wise. I think he can be just as good on the outside & has shown some of that.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
David Johnson better start playing better. Fumbles, dropped passes, missed blocks. He is being paid well. McCoy is going to be fired soon. I expect David to start acting like an adult

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
David Johnson better start playing better. Fumbles, dropped passes, missed blocks. He is being paid well. McCoy is going to be fired soon. I expect David to start acting like an adult

It’s tough with McCoy who seems to forget DJ is great in the pass game, and of course the talentless Oline we have once again assembled!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that wasn’t a big hit that was just a strip. But yeah I was outta my mind to be worried about his ball security coming off his wrist injury.
Didn't he fumble out of his good wrist?

Either way one fumble doesn't constitute an I told you so

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson