Morning show....

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe it's me, but I find it unlistenable. I tuned in on Monday for the first time , thought, well, maybe they are just having an off day....same thing yesterday...and finally today I had to turn it off. I find Ron Wolfley just unbearable. Is there another option for Arizona Sports Radio?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I can listen to Dan and Vinny, and Burns and Gambo, but I cannot take the morning show, Wofley is unbearable as you say.

Wolf seems like a nice guy, but he is abrasive on that show.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Been saying this for a while now... And as the months pass, it seems the Doug & Wolf show steadily spirals downward. Doug is a pompous, snarky asshat. His schtick of baiting Wolf is so old and tired and juvenile. And Wolf is indeed a great, great guy. But he's lost it on the show. He's doubling/tripling down on his blood & guts football past... The Pantera Call-Out should've been shelved long ago... And whenever he asks for a song from his "digital cloud account" it always means that the next 3-5 mins will be consumed by him going off on some bizarro tangent that usually means nothing...

Burns & Gambo are not that far behind. Burns is tired and offers zilcho. And I'm so over Gambo doing nothing but pumping himself up and bragging about all his inside "friends" and how he's "the guy" with all of the inside scoops...

Bickley and Marrotta are by far the best. And their producer Jarrett Carlen is a great supporting cast to both of them. These two compliment each other so well. Vinny is hysterical and incredibly witty. Bick plays his role well - though his constant negative rants about the Phoenix sports market is annoying. And Jarrett is fantastic in his role.

Oh, and is it just me or does Erin Maloney have one the strangest deliveries on radio?? Her tone/cadence is just, I dunno... weird!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I usually listen to the Bickley & Marotta podcast whenever possible. I don’t always agree with Bickley but they have the best chemistry and most entertaining show.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Local talk radio has become a vast wasteland. I used to listen to Mike & Mike and it's now Golic & Wingo. Not very good. When Golic gives Wingo his meds it is sometimes tolerable but Trey is usually loud, obnoxious and out of control.

Now, I just put on my tunes and listen to music instead.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Turned it all off, never listen to any of them anymore after being an avid listener for many many years. Want to hear an interview, go find the podcast.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Been saying this for a while now... And as the months pass, it seems the Doug & Wolf show steadily spirals downward. Doug is a pompous, snarky asshat. His schtick of baiting Wolf is so old and tired and juvenile. And Wolf is indeed a great, great guy. But he's lost it on the show. He's doubling/tripling down on his blood & guts football past... The Pantera Call-Out should've been shelved long ago... And whenever he asks for a song from his "digital cloud account" it always means that the next 3-5 mins will be consumed by him going off on some bizarro tangent that usually means nothing...

Burns & Gambo are not that far behind. Burns is tired and offers zilcho. And I'm so over Gambo doing nothing but pumping himself up and bragging about all his inside "friends" and how he's "the guy" with all of the inside scoops...

Bickley and Marrotta are by far the best. And their producer Jarrett Carlen is a great supporting cast to both of them. These two compliment each other so well. Vinny is hysterical and incredibly witty. Bick plays his role well - though his constant negative rants about the Phoenix sports market is annoying. And Jarrett is fantastic in his role.

Oh, and is it just me or does Erin Maloney have one the strangest deliveries on radio?? Her tone/cadence is just, I dunno... weird!

I think you're being a little harsh here, but you also make some good points. However, they have a LOT of time to fill.

I completely agree that Vinny is the man and Bickley has found a great role next to him.

Podcasts are the way to go...just forward through what you don't like!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Wolf after listening to him for 15 years...Bur he can be a bit of a homer when it comes to his takes regarding the Cardinals. But you gotta give it to him, his Wolfley-isms get stuck in your head...”listen up my young crunk brothers”.

On a side note, I’ve always loved listening to Jureki...Always has great inside information, direct and straight to the point with a nice sarcastic side.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As an out of towner, I enjoy everyone to some extent. (love B-Train) I won't lie, AZ sports talk overall can't touch Philly, but listening to Cardinals football discussion beats hearing the constant blather here about the iggles.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
burns and gambo now push a podcast of their show yet they wash, rinse and repeat the same comments and segments over and over in 45 minute increments for 4 hours.

IMO the only show that I enjoy lately is the Jody Ohler show on xtra 910 at 4pm. He calls players, coaches and teams out and is harsh with his criticism. The rest all seem like they are paid by the team and talk mostly all roses and rainbows or what the teams want to be played over the waves. The morning show is putrid. I don't know any other shows besides Ohlers show and burns/gambo and I put on burns and gambo just to see if they are talking about the cardinals but beyond that, its really bad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seldom listen to the sports radio unless they have a guest on. It's easier to get more reliable information off twitter if one goes to the right places.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
y'all could benefit from NFLN's "Good Morning Football" being made into a podcast.... GMF is usually a pretty good show

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolfley had guest on this morning - they were talking about NE as a potential destination for PP. Wolfley says, well, you know I played for Belicheck, etc and went on about that for a minute, then said Belicheck would never trade for someone in their prime. Guest promptly showed Wolf how wrong he was

A couple things -

1) Wolf, no one cares you played for BB 20 years ago. You only mention it every time BB is discussed, and it really doesn't give you any special insight into BB in 2018

2) Even if it did, you don't need to waste time every show trying to drop names

3) Your "insight" was wrong anyways

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
and butchering it. it sounds horrible. Stop desecrating pantera.

The Pantera's lead singer called in a year or so ago and said he loves what wolf does with it. So if the dude that came up with the song says he loves wolf using it the way he's doing it, I'd say it's not tarnishing it at all. :rockon:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Maybe it's me, but I find it unlistenable. I tuned in on Monday for the first time , thought, well, maybe they are just having an off day....same thing yesterday...and finally today I had to turn it off. I find Ron Wolfley just unbearable. Is there another option for Arizona Sports Radio?
Daniel Baldwin has a sports show in Syracuse. let that sink in for a minute...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pantera's lead singer called in a year or so ago and said he loves what wolf does with it. So if the dude that came up with the song says he loves wolf using it the way he's doing it, I'd say it's not tarnishing it at all. :rockon:
I find it odd that Phil Anselmo would be calling a Phoenix area sports radio morning show considering he lives in the south

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk