Phoenix Suns Media Day Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Read this too quick and thought Sean Miller said he was trying out to be our point guard. I was going to say, this has become a joke.

He was involved as the point guard in a very famous play...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Enjoyed this from JJ:

‘Book’ [Booker] is the best player I ever played with at any level. A great leader. An ultimate scorer. Even a better teammate. He’s the guy. He wants to see his guys around him doing well, so he’s going to teach you. He’s going to talk to you. He’s gonna try to put you in positions that are best for you to be successful

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Enjoyed this from JJ:

‘Book’ [Booker] is the best player I ever played with at any level. A great leader. An ultimate scorer. Even a better teammate. He’s the guy. He wants to see his guys around him doing well, so he’s going to teach you. He’s going to talk to you. He’s gonna try to put you in positions that are best for you to be successful

Booker is only 4 months older than JJ. It's crazy how he's viewed as a leader by his peers even though he's so young. He should be one of the best players for years to come provided he can stay healthy. Hearing how his teammates talk about him is reassuring because as fans we can overvalue players easily but it seems like most Suns fans don't talk up Booker as much as his teammates do, even though most fans do hype him up a lot. It's like fans say he's an All-Star but his teammates talk about him being an all time great.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was thinking when they do the starting five obligatory picture, they should just have a black silhouette for the PG and then Booker, and three other players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our home uni’s are so bad.

It's too bad, because I really liked the ones we replaced, except for that stupid stripe on the butt they were great. I think the stink of the teams that wore them made the organization dump em too fast.

Also I'm sure the new Nike deal played a big part.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Our road uniforms are actually pretty good though. I don't care for how the league has basically abandoned the white for home and colored jersey for away though. It seems they just wear whatever now. The purple uniforms are good, IMO. Best they've had in quite some time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Disagree. It’s the closest to the original design we’ve had in years. Especially the shorts, which are great.

The previous one was one of the worst uniforms I have ever seen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson said he's put on about 6 pounds of muscle and plans on shooting at least 32% from 3 this year. The weight is good, IMO. He mentioned his plans for that early in the offseason, glad to see he's held to it. The shooting could be better but that's a realistic and obtainable goal for him so I won't knock him for it. 32% would be a good improvement for him but is probably the lowest you want someone to shoot if they're taking 3 or 4 a game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media