Welcome to Phoenix, Bridges

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then how in the heck could the bring in Kawhi in trade? They don't have the assets to do it.

That's not our problem. That's where Kawhi wants to go, or he's named as a preferred destination. All they have to offer is a combo of their young guys, which may not be enticing for the Spurs. Would you rather have Kawhi or Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma? I'd take Kawhi every time. That's part of why most think he'll be traded out East, if at all. Lakers can't offer much because they don't have much. Their picks aren't enticing because if they can get Kawhi, Lebron, and PG13 or 2 of those 3, who knows where they'll land in the standings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was listening to Tim Legler. He was saying if everything falls right, he is not just looking at Bridges as a top 10 pick but he could be another Scottie Pippen. This is high praise.

Also McDonough said Bridges was an "elite" shooter not to mention his defense.

This stuff excites me. The Suns got two top ten picks in a great draft.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this the better brother?

The 2 Bridges aren't related, thankfully. I know I had them confused briefly though, thinking the one we added was the SF/PF while we added the SF/SG. That may make less sense with our roster but he's super long and should be more of a traditional SF.

Here's NBADraft.net's scouting report on him...
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/mikal-bridges

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I saw some clips now and I'm excited. I think this is a good pick. Too early to say anything about the pick we gave up, but we have maybe 4 chickens in our hand now!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I saw some clips now and I'm excited. I think this is a good pick. Too early to say anything about the pick we gave up, but we have maybe 4 chickens in our hand now!

I'm glad too. Bridges seems solid and possibly a versatile player

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was listening to Tim Legler. He was saying if everything falls right, he is not just looking at Bridges as a top 10 pick but he could be another Scottie Pippen. This is high praise.

Also McDonough said Bridges was an "elite" shooter not to mention his defense.

This stuff excites me. The Suns got two top ten picks in a great draft.
If we could believe the comparisons thrown out there, we drafted David Robinson, Scottie Pippen, and Tony Parker all in the same draft. Ah, the week of superlatives after the draft.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
http://arizonasports.com/story/1570...ikal-bridges-now-teammates-with-phoenix-suns/

"The seeds of an Ayton-Bridges pairing with the Suns may have been planted during the pre-draft process. When meeting with players, the Suns would ask them who they felt were some of the better prospects in the class.

“The first player that Deandre Ayton said was ‘Mikal Bridges,’” general manager Ryan McDonough told Doug & Wolf on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station.

Apparently, while Ayton and Bridges were working out at a nearby basketball court, “(Bridges) just shot the lights out…he made shot after shot after shot just like it was ridiculous,” McDonough said, referring back to his conversation with Ayton."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we could believe the comparisons thrown out there, we drafted David Robinson, Scottie Pippen, and Tony Parker all in the same draft. Ah, the week of superlatives after the draft.

It's the time of the year where hope reigns eternal. I do think the Suns had a good draft. The season will start soon enough.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It's the time of the year where hope reigns eternal. I do think the Suns had a good draft. The season will start soon enough.

Yeah, we're all on that #1 pick post draft high. It's like opening day til Halloween.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Saw this earlier and was hoping nobody would post it for fear of widespread panic!

Plenty of possibilities here, but definitely something to monitor at Summer League. On a scale of concern from 1 to Markelle Fultz, I'm currently at a 3. :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Saw this earlier and was hoping nobody would post it for fear of widespread panic!

Plenty of possibilities here, but definitely something to monitor at Summer League. On a scale of concern from 1 to Markelle Fultz, I'm currently at a 3. :)
This. He may just be working on something and is slowing down the mechanics to do it. It’s quite possible we won’t see that beyond the practice court.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see a hitch on all of the shots and he's actually making them still. Not that worried about it. We'll see, but it's way to early to be scared.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This. He may just be working on something and is slowing down the mechanics to do it. It’s quite possible we won’t see that beyond the practice court.
Hope to not even see it in summer league.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"Mikal always had that hitch in his shot. He shoots the ball on the left side of his body with his right hand. I'd guess he's just going slow to adjust to the new 3pt line" - twitter poster

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Reminds me a little of Reggie Miller...He used to have that follow through, where his hands/wrists touched after every shot. I don't think Bridges is touching hands, but it looks close and similar to Miller.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
A more recent example of shooting across your body is that ball boy.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My goodness. People have not been watching scouting videos. This is how he shoots and very accurately. Just don’t mess with it. When a kid shoots that well you just focus on the legs etc.

Or you can do what they did with Fultz. Fix him til he’s broken.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not pretty but it's not exactly ugly either, in comparison to some other guys who have broken shots. This is a case of it not necessarily being broken so there shouldn't be a campaign to fix it. It would be nice if it were more visibly pleasing but if he shot 43% in college from 3 like that, let him continue how he's comfortable. I don't want to see him get setback like Fultz because unlike Markelle, he doesn't do a lot of other things well to keep his value high if his shot goes down the toilet.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My goodness. People have not been watching scouting videos. This is how he shoots and very accurately. Just don’t mess with it. When a kid shoots that well you just focus on the legs etc.

Or you can do what they did with Fultz. Fix him til he’s broken.

The concern isn't over the form; it's the speed, which is dramatically slower in this video. As I said, there are plenty of explanations for this that would be no big deal, but just something to monitor.

Here's my bigger concern:

If Skip didn't like the trade for Philly, it means Zhaire Smith is going into the Hall of Fame, the Miami pick will be #1 overall in 2021, and Mikal Bridges will hire Markelle Fultz's shot coach.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That ball does take awhile to get off the launch pad in the video but going back and watching game footage, he gets it off much quicker in game action. I like that he feels comfortable with his shooting mechanics.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard