Guess that movie quote

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, look at this! Sons of the pharaohs! Give me frogs, flies, locusts, anything but YOU! Compared to you the other plagues were a joy!

Yeah, that's right after she knocked over all the cases in the museum. I can hear his screechy voice just reading that quote. The Mummy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New movie quote:

Yeah, incentives are important. I learned that in rehab.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
New movie quote:

Yeah, incentives are important. I learned that in rehab.

Haha It took me a second I could see Kurt Russell, Captain Ron!

That movie is so bad, yet I've seen it no less than 5 or 6 times lol. I just cant quit you Martin Short. My favorite quote from that is:

Capt: Hey. Get your hands off that.

Kid: was just moving it. I wasn't gonna drink it.

Capt: You bet your little booty, you wasn't. You want a beer, you get your own beer.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha It took me a second I could see Kurt Russell, Captain Ron!

That movie is so bad, yet I've seen it no less than 5 or 6 times lol. I just cant quit you Martin Short. My favorite quote from that is:

Capt: Hey. Get your hands off that.

Kid: was just moving it. I wasn't gonna drink it.

Capt: You bet your little booty, you wasn't. You want a beer, you get your own beer.

I almost used the "get your own" quote, that was actually my first choice until I decided it might be a little too generic. Anyway, I hated this movie when I first saw it. I love Kurt and this just wasn't the kind of role I wanted him in. But it's one of those movies that can really grow on you once you stop picking it apart. And now, I love Russell's role. Guerrillas, Gorillas, what's the diff?

You're up, Bert.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"What is this 1958 you give the little wife a BLENDER?!?!?"-

Where is @thirty-two I know she knows this one! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^I'm sure I've never seen this movie as that line is not at all familiar to me. That's a good quote, one that would stand out in memory I believe.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
^^I'm sure I've never seen this movie as that line is not at all familiar to me. That's a good quote, one that would stand out in memory I believe.

It's a chick flick but I have heard this line quoted many times and it's definitely a popular movie. Never thought I'd get a board stumper with this one!

How about this one from the same movie...

I'll tell you what I'm doing... I wanna buy 8 hot dogs, and 8 hot dog buns, but nobody sells 8 hotdog buns, they only sell 12 hotdog buns so I end up paying for 4 buns I dont need. So, I am removing the superfluous buns!!!"

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a chick flick but I have heard this line quoted many times and it's definitely a popular movie. Never thought I'd get a board stumper with this one!

How about this one from the same movie...

I'll tell you what I'm doing... I wanna buy 8 hot dogs, and 8 hot dog buns, but nobody sells 8 hotdog buns, they only sell 12 hotdog buns so I end up paying for 4 buns I dont need. So, I am removing the superfluous buns!!!"

Like I said, I think it's a great quote. If I had ever seen it, I'd definitely remember it from your first line. Hopefully some of the posters that watch chick flicks will come by soon and help you out here. I watch a lot of romantic comedies but I don't consider them necessarily chick flicks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IS Father Of The Bride really considered a chick flick? Feels like more of just an old-school family comedy. I put it in the same universe as Parenthood (maybe a step below because Parenthood had a bit more pathos/darkness to it).

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
IS Father Of The Bride really considered a chick flick? Feels like more of just an old-school family comedy. I put it in the same universe as Parenthood (maybe a step below because Parenthood had a bit more pathos/darkness to it).

I didn't mean it in a derogatory sense, but that's a fair point. You're up!

Martin Short kills me in that movie!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Father Of The Bride really considered a chick flick? Feels like more of just an old-school family comedy. I put it in the same universe as Parenthood (maybe a step below because Parenthood had a bit more pathos/darkness to it).

It's just a remake of a comedy which by definition makes it a comedy as well, IMHO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is by no means a classic line, but it is easily my favorite line in what I consider to be a classic movie:

"And all the constant chocolate eating!"

I'll be stunned if someone gets this but want to see if anyone does because that probably means I'm not the only one who thinks this line is as funny as I do.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Okay, this is by no means a classic line, but it is easily my favorite line in what I consider to be a classic movie:

"And all the constant chocolate eating!"

I'll be stunned if someone gets this but want to see if anyone does because that probably means I'm not the only one who thinks this line is as funny as I do.
I will admit, that is pretty tough. And it's Google-proof! :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really want to go next but if it's google proof, I'll answer. It's spoken by the somewhat overweight lady in the life without men group at the end of the movie, just before he tells her that he couldn't enjoy his moment because she wasn't beside him and she replies "you had me at hello". Jerry Maguire.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I knew it as well but it's pretty much just us going so I too was trying to hold off.

Even tho Cheese didn't exactly quote it correctly. It's "With the songs and the constant chocolate eating...." It's ok tho, I forgive him, I guess. :p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew it as well but it's pretty much just us going so I too was trying to hold off.

Even tho Cheese didn't exactly quote it correctly. It's "With the songs and the constant chocolate eating...." It's ok tho, I forgive him, I guess. :p

I think he quoted it correctly, he just started in the middle. I do that with my tacos sometimes, I see no problem with extending that privilege to the quoting game.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he quoted it correctly, he just started in the middle. I do that with my tacos sometimes, I see no problem with extending that privilege to the quoting game.

:thud: What is wrong with you? Precious few behaviors separate us from the animals.

For the love of all that is holy, please respect the sanctity of the taco eating ritual.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thud: What is wrong with you? Precious few behaviors separate us from the animals.

For the love of all that is holy, please respect the sanctity of the taco eating ritual.

I'm a rebel, what can I say. As I've said before, there is a right way and a wrong way to eat tacos. The wrong way is anything that doesn't involve getting it into your mouth, all other ways are acceptable. You can even fill it with caviar covered with queso fresco and eat if off of fine china, I make no judgements.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm a rebel, what can I say. As I've said before, there is a right way and a wrong way to eat tacos. The wrong way is anything that doesn't involve getting it into your mouth, all other ways are acceptable. You can even fill it with caviar covered with queso fresco and eat if off of fine china, I make no judgements.

Next time I go to taco bell I'm taking a selfie whilst biting the middle of a taco and posting it here for AZS. :p It could be a thing! This could be the next ice bucket challenge, or planking!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time I go to taco bell I'm taking a selfie whilst biting the middle of a taco and posting it here for AZS. :p It could be a thing! This could be the next ice bucket challenge, or planking!

I don't think I'd try it with a hard shelled taco, it's a soft shelled kind of thing. With a hard shell, it's just going to fall apart. And then it's time to break out the old spork you keep locked away in the glove compartment for just such an emergency.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't think I'd try it with a hard shelled taco, it's a soft shelled kind of thing. With a hard shell, it's just going to fall apart. And then it's time to break out the old spork you keep locked away in the glove compartment for just such an emergency.
:biglaugh: Hahah, ur killin me Steve!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really want to go next but if it's google proof, I'll answer. It's spoken by the somewhat overweight lady in the life without men group at the end of the movie, just before he tells her that he couldn't enjoy his moment because she wasn't beside him and she replies "you had me at hello". Jerry Maguire.

*******, Steve. That's impressive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn