PAC 12 Predictions

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The world is upside down.

Utah and Cal both undefeated atop the PAC12! I'll take Utah in their matchup next week.

Stanford is playing great and should take the North if this trend continues.

The South is where things are crazy, one would expect Utah to get at least one more loss in future games against ASU, USC @Arizona, and UCLA

USC still has Utah, Notre Dame, and finishes the season with Oregon and UCLA.

UCLA has Stanford, Utah, USC

ASU has a tough but manageble go with @ Utah, Oregon, @WSU, Arizona, @ Cal

---

Sorry Wildcats, I just don't think you are in the conversation with your QB out. And your D has given up 56 points the last couple of games which doesn't bode well

Crazy year for sure... Gotta believe the favorites to play in the Pac-12 title game will be Utah and Stanford.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crazy year for sure... Gotta believe the favorites to play in the Pac-12 title game will be Utah and Stanford.

I don't think the current state of affairs is going to hold.

At a minimum, Stanford will beat Cal and get in.
In the South, its hard to say, but Utah has a better chance. But wouldn't be suprised if USC or UCLA make it, or ASU if they keep improving and get some breaks.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't think the current state of affairs is going to hold.

At a minimum, Stanford will beat Cal and get in.

In the South, its hard to say, but Utah has a better chance. But wouldn't be suprised if USC or UCLA make it, or ASU if they keep improving and get some breaks.

USC's schedule is by far the toughest. I just don't see them making it through that gauntlet unscathed. I wouldn't be too surprised if Utah ended up with only 1 conference loss, though, as we know, the south is a total crapshoot...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sark is such trash as a head coach.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap, I didn't watch the game, but just saw score. Wow, didn't see Washington beating USC. So is Sark going to get fired now or what?

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
USC's schedule is by far the toughest. I just don't see them making it through that gauntlet unscathed. I wouldn't be too surprised if Utah ended up with only 1 conference loss, though, as we know, the south is a total crapshoot...

Good call, and I bet you weren't even thinking about USC losing to Washington, at home!

USC appears to be a mess. I just watched the highlights. Their home field atmosphere just looked dead. Kessler played horrible. And Sark is on the hotseat.

So Utah is in the driver's seat. For now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, I didn't watch the game, but just saw score. Wow, didn't see Washington beating USC. So is Sark going to get fired now or what?

This conference is becoming like the NFL... so much parity that you can't say with much confidence who is a really good team, and who isn't, from week to week.

TJ

Reaction score
Good call, and I bet you weren't even thinking about USC losing to Washington, at home!

USC appears to be a mess. I just watched the highlights. Their home field atmosphere just looked dead. Kessler played horrible. And Sark is on the hotseat.

Part of it was scheduling a game at 6pm on a Thursday at the Coliseum. You can barely access USC during this time from the 110. That's why it looked like a morgue at kickoff.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of it was scheduling a game at 6pm on a Thursday at the Coliseum. You can barely access USC during this time from the 110. That's why it looked like a morgue at kickoff.

That was a very full stadium, but you are right about the kickoff time. You would have leave EARLY to make it from most places in LA.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That FG attempt was a fireable offense.

Three timeouts..... most coaches will do that as they are conservative.

Two timeouts.... dicey.

One or zero timeouts... no way. I mean if he had made it and they gave up a first down in three plays it would've still been an "L" for sure.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That FG attempt was a fireable offense.

So what happened on that? I just saw the highlight that showed a USC fan acting bewildered that they were kicking it. The scoreboard looked like there was about 3 minutes left and they still would have needed another score. Also looked like their kicker was pretty weak.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Definitely didn't see Washington being one of the teams to take down the Trojans!
It's now the Utes to lose... So, who wants to take a shot at guessing which team will take Utah out of the unbeaten ranks??

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely didn't see Washington being one of the teams to take down the Trojans!
It's now the Utes to lose... So, who wants to take a shot at guessing which team will take Utah out of the unbeaten ranks??

If you are an ASU fan, this was huge for the Sun Devils. If ASU runs the table (extremely tough, but not impossible), then ASU wins the south. Crazy how each week can change everything!

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As crazy as this season has been so far, it would make sense for Cal to take out Utah on Saturday. If not, I hope its ASU!

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So now who is going to win the South?

Utah takes a loss to USC and will probably pick up another before the season is done.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Utah and USC still have the best shot, with ASU in the mix. U of A and Colorado are longshots since each have 3 PAC12 losses.

Utah--only 1 PAC loss
Remaining schedule:
Oct. 31 - vs. Oregon State
Nov. 7 - at Washington
Nov. 14 - at Arizona
Nov. 21 - vs. UCLA
Nov. 28 - Colorado

USC--2 PAC losses, tie breaker over ASU and Utah
Remaining schedule:
Oct. 31 - at California
Nov. 7 - vs. Arizona
Nov. 13 - at Colorado
Nov. 21 - at Oregon
Nov. 28 - vs. UCLA

ASU--2 PAC losses, tie breaker over UCLA
Remaining schedule:
Oct. 29 - vs. Oregon
Nov. 7 - at Washington State
Nov. 14 - vs. Washington
Nov. 21 - vs. Arizona
Nov. 28 - at California

UCLA 2 PAC losses
Remaining schedule:
Oct. 31 - vs. Colorado
Nov. 7 - at Oregon State
Nov. 14 - vs. Washington State
Nov. 21 - at Utah
Nov. 28 - at USC

http://www.houseofsparky.com/2015/10/25/9610040/a-look-at-the-pac-12-south-race-after-week-8

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Looks like Utah and USC still have the best shot, with ASU in the mix. U of A and Colorado are longshots since each have 3 PAC12 losses.

Utah--only 1 PAC loss

Remaining schedule:

Oct. 31 - vs. Oregon State

Nov. 7 - at Washington

Nov. 14 - at Arizona

Nov. 21 - vs. UCLA

Nov. 28 - Colorado

USC--2 PAC losses, tie breaker over ASU and Utah

Remaining schedule:

Oct. 31 - at California

Nov. 7 - vs. Arizona

Nov. 13 - at Colorado

Nov. 21 - at Oregon

Nov. 28 - vs. UCLA

ASU--2 PAC losses, tie breaker over UCLA

Remaining schedule:

Oct. 29 - vs. Oregon

Nov. 7 - at Washington State

Nov. 14 - vs. Washington

Nov. 21 - vs. Arizona

Nov. 28 - at California

UCLA 2 PAC losses

Remaining schedule:

Oct. 31 - vs. Colorado

Nov. 7 - at Oregon State

Nov. 14 - vs. Washington State

Nov. 21 - at Utah

Nov. 28 - at USC

http://www.houseofsparky.com/2015/10/25/9610040/a-look-at-the-pac-12-south-race-after-week-8

ASU essentially has 3 losses as well as they lost to both USC and Utah. Anything can happen of course, but I doubt ASU runs the table and both USC and Utah finish with more losses than ASU.
I think the Trojans have the easier schedule the rest of the way and now with Sark gone, they should finally play up to the caliber of their talent level. They kicked the living crap out of a very physical Utah team. The game was not nearly as close as the final score (which was a very wide margin) would indicate!
I see a Stanford - USC championship showdown and I think the game could end up being a great one. In fact, if USC finds itself over the remaining games, I can see them beating Stanford in that game as they possess more talent, more skill and more speed at virtually all positions on both sides of the ball.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it is going to come down to the USC UCLA game. If USC wins, they are in. If UCLA wins, Utah is in. I think Stanford beats either one of them, but what do I know. :shrug:

TJ

Reaction score
ASU has losses to the two top teams in Utah and USC. UCLA is in the mix as well.

ASU, UofA and Colorado are done.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU has losses to the two top teams in Utah and USC. UCLA is in the mix as well.

ASU, UofA and Colorado are done.

Ya but U of A is more done than ASU is. ;)

U of A has a real tough go the last four games:

Remaining schedule:
Oct. 31 - at Washington
Nov. 7 - at USC
Nov. 14 - vs. Utah
Nov. 21 - at Arizona State

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now, we're comparing which turd smells worse.

ASU has certainly had some disappointing losses this year, but I wouldn't go that far. Let's see how this season turns out, lot of football left to be played. :)

TJ

Reaction score
ASU has certainly had some disappointing losses this year, but I wouldn't go that far. Let's see how this season turns out, lot of football left to be played. :)

Territorial Cup for bowl eligibility! :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson