Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Have no comment, depends on how new players perform

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Isn't it a bit early for this thread, being as free agency is far from over?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think we have done pretty good so far but we need to get two impact players. Orakpo and AP would do it. We really need to sign Stephen Wisnewski to upgrade us at center and keep Seattle from signing him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Like with any free agent, they all have a reason they hit the market, and they all have red flags.

I think it is more that the Cardinals never are this busy in free agency that has me on the fence on what I think about this offseason.

The moves range from having the potential to make the Cardinals one of the more complete teams in the league, to having zero effect on the team next season.

Looking for pass rushers and cornerbacks is a league wide issue, every team is looking to always get better at those positions.

The bigger moves the Cardinals made in free agency could/should fill the needs that are most specific to the Cardinals. Interior offensive line, and Inside linebacker.

I think it also relieved a lot "need" for the draft, which is always a good thing.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i love these guys additions,except for shipley
weatherspoon and peters are still young and have talent,especially waetherspoon,if he stay healthy will be huge upgrade to our linebacker corp.
redding is a veteran but he is still competitive even if he is 34 years old.is like a good wine ,get better when he get older
but what impress me is how much mature they are a s personas,intelligent and seems like great leaders and great locker room guy
Iupati is one of the best free agent addition,top 5 for sure
if is true he played with broken foot ,he did pretty well.many criticise his pass protection skill,but playing with a broken foot and blocking for a mobile qb like koepernick is more difficult

i found interesting that weatherspoon said is important for him to play in a grass field like university of phoenix stadium and the field in tempe

Last edited:

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
"...on the whole" before the first week is complete? Start a poll on how the season has gone in mid-September, would you?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love these guys additions,except for shipley
weatherspoon and peters are still young and have talent,especially waetherspoon,if he stay healthy will be huge upgrade to our linebacker corp.
redding is a veteran but he is still competitive even if he is 34 years old.is like a good wine ,get better when he get older
but what impress me is how much mature they are a s personas,intelligent and seems like great leaders and great locker room guy
Iupati is one of the best free agent addition,top 5 for sure
if is true he played with broken foot ,he did pretty well.many criticise his pass protection skill,but playing with a broken foot and blocking for a mobile qb like koepernick is more difficult

i found interesting that weatherspoon said is important for him to play in a grass field like university of phoenix stadium and the field in tempe

Sono d'accordo con te

(I agree with you)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kinda.

I think it is safe to say the 1st "wave" of free agency has pasted.

There was little to no movement over last night.
Not much more will happen in the sense the amount of players we bring in from here on out, but we are still linked to some big names that would completely change the Grade. Orakpo is supposed to be visiting today and AP is still a possibility (technically not free agency) or we could still pursue a solid to good RB option if that falls through. Still plenty of names out there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I give the Cards an A for the early part of free agency, hell for the Cardinals so much proactive signings qualifies for a A+. Free agency is meant to fill some holes and provide depth because usually, barring contract issues on team cap space, there are no quick fixes... those grading the Cardinals on the ability of signing a future Hall Famer are much steeper than me in providing the grade lol

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cards get an A even before bringing in AP or Orakpo.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
So far, so good. Overpaid for Iupati whose pass-blocking deficiencies are a concern.
Obviously retaining Fitzgerald was a great start. Love the Sean Weatherspoon signing.
If somehow, Adrian Peterson is acquired for a third round pick or less, the grade surges to an A+ and I order my Super Bowl tickets. :koolaid:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it has been good. As of now, I would say A. Good moves for needed spots thus far

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it has been good. As of now, I would say A. Good moves for needed spots thus far

are u happy with safety spot,at free safety i woud like a solid starter who has speed,rashard johnson is too slowly and matthieu is too short,matthieu natural fit is nickel corner

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Check this out: FA moves around the league

I went through about 100, all very informative and worthwhile reading. Not one mention of Cardinals FA moves. I guess we didn't impress anyone in that area, or no one outside of AZ cares about the Cards. Maybe a bit of both, aye?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Certainly didn't do enough to keep up with their competition. IMO every STL and Seattle got better while the 49ers got way worse but we really didn't do anything to make this team stronger. We still don't have a decent pass catching tight end. Still don't have and linebackers who can cover said tight end. Still are shaky at safety. And we still have no viable running game to speak of. We'll compete, yes, we'll win more than 9 games, probably, but we didn't do anything to get this team to the next level.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Certainly didn't do enough to keep up with their competition. IMO every STL and Seattle got better while the 49ers got way worse but we really didn't do anything to make this team stronger. We still don't have a decent pass catching tight end. Still don't have and linebackers who can cover said tight end. Still are shaky at safety. And we still have no viable running game to speak of. We'll compete, yes, we'll win more than 9 games, probably, but we didn't do anything to get this team to the next level.

Disagree. OL got much stronger and in turn, our running game did as well. ILB upgraded. Potential of Wash and Spoon is major upgrade. I'm not convinced that Niklas can't be our pass catching TE.

The areas I'm concerned with our the DL and CB positions. Bethel & Powers need to step up. Wouldn't be shocked to take a CB with our 1st pick. DL, really not sure if we upgraded or regressed. Time will tell with that one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard