Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me likes the idea!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They can't manage enough good writing for more than a half a season of good material. How in the heck will they come up with enough for a spinoff? Ugh.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Ying and Yang.

It's called the "Lying Living".

It's all about the exploits of comatose people. Pretty boring stuff.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can't manage enough good writing for more than a half a season of good material. How in the heck will they come up with enough for a spinoff? Ugh.

It appears the writers feel stifled with the source material. Maybe they can take things further and give it a different pace. I am excited about this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It appears the writers feel stifled with the source material. Maybe they can take things further and give it a different pace. I am excited about this.

Baloney. They might claim this, but they're lying. All reports say this show hardly even resembles the comics any more, it has diverged from them so much. That's just a bs excuse.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baloney. They might claim this, but they're lying. All reports say this show hardly even resembles the comics any more, it has diverged from them so much. That's just a bs excuse.

As a reader and collector of the comic, it resembles it as much as it has from day one and is about 50%. They have kept it separated enough to keep people guessing, but close enough to keep them engaged. As far as the new series, it is not a spin off, it is a companion series. Same world, but different place and characters

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry Seinfeld's going to hit a zombie, and a judge is going to order him to be his butler.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://tvline.com/2015/03/09/walking-dead-spinoff-premiere-date-season-order/#more-595022

AMC’s Walking Dead spinoff officially has a pulse — and a strong one at that.

The cabler announced Monday that it has greenlit the still-untitled offshoot for not one but two seasons, with the first six episode season launching in late summer.

The series, which will be set in Los Angeles, stars Cliff Curtis (Gang Related), Kim Dickens (Deadwood), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Storm).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good idea. I mean even if they only follow a certain % of the comics they still have to stay within that arena which limits what they can do. Creating something totally original give them much more freedom.

In addition, you know there are other survivors and groups. Pretty organic to spin-off IMO.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its as good as the original, I am all over it. I wont visit this thread again to avoid spoilers but we just got to the point where
Merrill kidnapped the asian kid and the farmers daughter. We left off at the cliffhanger that she just told those psychos they are at the prison but all the fighters are right outside so if the governers crew gtes away before they sneak in, the group is screwed!!!

I LOVE this show. LOVE it.

the scene where lori died was one of the most f'd up television scenes I have ever watched. I feel like I am a part of that group and I had to watch a comedy after that so I didnt feel so bad

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i so want to be in these threads but even when we finish season 4, you guys will all be talking about the end of season 5

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As said, the main show is bound by an already existing storyline. This new series will have a lot of leeway.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
With that last episode, it's getting boring.

I disagree.

Watching them trying to act "normal" after all they've gone through is one of the most interesting things the show has done so far.

Side note, don't f*ck with Carol.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With that last episode, it's getting boring.

Actually I think it's a very important moment for the show. Letting them feel normal is something they have not really experienced since it all started. Letting their guard down it's a pretty big deal and the fact they have a little bit but can't let go is a pretty good plot point.

Also, Carol.....damn!

Now if this plot point drags on for several more episodes without any conflict or movement? I will be right there with you.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

Watching them trying to act "normal" after all they've gone through is one of the most interesting things the show has done so far.

Side note, don't f*ck with Carol.

Agreed - last two episodes are far better than the previous pre-Alexandria ones.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CANT WAIT!!!!

No kidding. They keep saying "August" premiere date but no specific date. Kind of weird to be weeks away without a specific date. Anybody else find one online?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding. They keep saying "August" premiere date but no specific date. Kind of weird to be weeks away without a specific date. Anybody else find one online?

It will be announced at Comic Con this weekend along with it's first full length trailer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It will be announced at Comic Con this weekend along with it's first full length trailer.

Sahhhweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Cant wait.

Just got compendium one in the mail, first 48 comics, should get me through for a while. Always going to stay behind in the comics to avoid spoilers but curious of the differences between the comic and the main show.

Really looking forward to the new series, hope they do it well.

What I find strange, in the OG show, how long do you think rick was in a Coma? Maybe a year maximum? So this show is when it all starts but it all started during Ricks coma so....I wonder if after one season its just like the walking dead or if each season will be like one month of that year and things getting more and more chaotic.

Also hoping to see the military action that went down in atlanta going down in LA.