• PF Andrew Nicholson (St Bonaventure)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nbadraft.net has PJ3, Hansen, and Royce White all now at the end of round 1. Boy would I love to have another pick or two at the end of the round. PJ3 (and any of those others) might be a risk early, but he would be a great gamble in the 20's.

I am not sure what the intrigue is with Waiters. He is a 6-3 tweener that was a 6th man in college. Can someone explain?

I actually like Waiters a great deal has a real feel for putting the ball in the basket. My concern is as someone else said, he played nothing but zone in college.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Rivers, Ross and Lamb more than Waiters.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Alex Kennedy
The Oklahoma City Thunder will likely move the 28th pick. They're satisfied with their core and don't want to pay a rookie guaranteed money.

Blanks, Babby and Sarver better be on the phone!! OKC owes us some picks too after they ripped us off with the Kurt Thomas trade!

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Evan Fournier? Looks to me like his ceiling can be up there with Ginobili....

Euro scouts say that he would be a lottery pick if he had played vs Beal, Rivers etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqfjKMX5_0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qLJFoa5aI

If Lillard or PJII drop to #13 and we're able to acquire another pick in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind picking one of them and then drafting this kid with the other pick as our future SG.

He's a SG at 6'7, 205 lb, and he's barely 19. Worth the risk imo.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Evan Fournier? Looks to me like his ceiling can be up there with Ginobili....

Euro scouts say that he would be a lottery pick if he had played vs Beal, Rivers etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqfjKMX5_0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qLJFoa5aI

If Lillard or PJII drop to #13 and we're able to acquire another pick in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind picking one of them and then drafting this kid with the other pick as our future SG.

He's a SG at 6'7, 205 lb, and he's barely 19. Worth the risk imo.
\

I hate slow mo highlights. Speed is one of the most important aspects of the nba game and you can't see it in slo mo.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I would never believe a Ginobili comparison ever.

Founier maybe has 1/10 of Ginobili's playmaking ability and creativity which is what makes Ginobili great.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
\

I hate slow mo highlights. Speed is one of the most important aspects of the nba game and you can't see it in slo mo.
Here you go, much better video

http://www.hoopsfix.com/2012/06/video-evan-fournier-impressing-at-adidas-eurocamp-2012/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTEzZc7yGSE

I would never believe a Ginobili comparison ever.

Founier maybe has 1/10 of Ginobili's playmaking ability and creativity which is what makes Ginobili great.
My bad didn't mean to say Ginobili, meant to say Parker. Got my Euro Spurs mixed up.

He attacks the basket in a very Parker-esque type way. He looks for the contact but has a finesse touch to his shot when he is up in the air very much like Parker.

Shooting wise also he's the same as Parker but he's only 19 so he can definitely improve there.

Love his poise for the game.

Last edited:

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I will be disappointed if the Suns don't add another top 20 Pick.

Davis, Robinson, Drummond, Kidd-Gilchrist, Beal, Barnes, P Jones III, Leonard, Rivers, Harkless, T Jones, Waiters, Lillard*, Ross, J Lamb, Marshall, Zeller, Henson, J Taylor, Wroten Jr, Sullinger, Moultrie, Teague, Nicholson, Melo, R White*...

Lots of talent. Evan Fournier, Jared Cunningham, Will Barton, Doron Lamb, Kris Middleton, Alex Young, etc. - could PROBABLY throw in these guys at the 2 position... though I've been watching top 15-20 guys (no game-film of Lillard and R White).

but I'd take back a bad contract to get a 1st Rounder or even buy a 1st Rounder!!!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Lewis has only one more year remaining, whereas Okasprain and Ariza each have two. The Hornets accelerate their rebuilding process by clearing out their dead weight a year ahead of schedule.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Both of those guys are decent players and citizens. Cannot figure out why NO would take back Rashard Lewis. He should have been amnestied long ago.

Fantastic trade for the Wizards.

Really? The Wizards just committed to two years of huge contracts. They would have been better served to wait out Lewis' contract going into a big free agency year (2013). Now, with Okafor and Ariza, they won't be much of a player in free agency next summer.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think they would have been a player in free agency next summer anyway.

This trade is to make Washington more competitive. They don't wanna completely suck for 4 years then lose John Wall when he's a FA.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Denver offered us #20, Chandler and Mozgov for Gortat...should we pull the trigger?

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
12:44pm: The Rockets have a trade in the works that would see them move Samuel Dalembert and possibly a first-round pick (No. 16), tweets Steve Kyler of Hoops World. It's unclear which team is in negotiations with the Rockets.

Dalembert can be bought out of the final year of his contract for $1.5MM, but because it's a non-guaranteed year rather than a team option, he can still be traded. If Houston doesn't move Dalembert, the team will have until July 8th to make a decision on whether to lock him in for next season at $6.7MM or waive him and save about $5.2MM. The big man told HoopsWorld today that he hasn't been informed yet of the team's decision, but that he hopes to return to Houston.

The Rockets have been rumored to be exploring the possibility of trading one or both of their first-round picks for veteran players. There were rumblings that the club could try to trade both picks in a package for a star, but if only Dalembert and the 16th pick are on the table, the return is unlikely to be massive.

Could it be us? Gortat for #16 and Dally?

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Worst. Suggestion. Ever. Where do you come up with this stuff?
I'm not saying I want it to happen, just giving a possibility.

If our FO was dumb enough to trade Dragic and a 1st for Aaron Brooks then why the hell would this surprise you?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not saying I want it to happen, just giving a possibility.

If our FO was dumb enough to trade Dragic and a 1st for Aaron Brooks then why the hell would this surprise you?

You keep bringing this up, but Dragic was GARBAGE when we traded him. That is a fact.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You keep bringing this up, but Dragic was GARBAGE when we traded him. That is a fact.
Really? Show me a post in which I recently brought this up....

And yes I know Dragic sucked when he was here...but Aaron Brooks wasn't doing too hot in Houston either and we added a pick to get him...a pick that could have been Marshon Brooks :D

Either way you look at it, that wasn't a good trade then and its a not a good trade now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wont dispute that Dragic was struggling, but Brooks was playing even worse in Houston AND was about to be a free agent. Tossing in a 1st round pick in trade that already had us giving up the better value was freaking dumb.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wont dispute that Dragic was struggling, but Brooks was playing even worse in Houston AND was about to be a free agent. Tossing in a 1st round pick in trade that already had us giving up the better value was freaking dumb.

Brooks was coming off a MIP year, so there was a lot more potential there than with sticking with Dragic.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brooks was coming off a MIP year, so there was a lot more potential there than with sticking with Dragic.
Dragic was just 2 years removed his amazing playoff run in our trip to the WCFs.....a lot of potential there too.

Either way, Brooks for Dragic would have been a decent trade. But adding the 1st killed it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison