• Poll closed .
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Houston's trying to get 2 top ten picks to finish up a trade package to offer Orlando for Dwight...

Toronto, along with Sacramento are the two reams rumored to be talking with Houston.

And now I'm starting to hear....

Tim Chisholm: Another angle for Raps fans concerned about Nash: a Lowry trade gives Raps a young PG to offer to PHO in an s&t. via Twitter*

Interesting....... Lowry/#14 for Calderon/#8, then S&T Lowry for a S&T Nash?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i'm guessing no one in the NBA believes that and the proof will be in teams interest/new contracts they both get this off-season.

The actual FACTS bear it out! Brooks has a much better resume to be a starter than Dragic's does. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. ASUCHRIS completely dismisses or forgets that Brooks won the Most Improved Player Award for an entire year of play!

Whether that translates to contracts is another story. Will teams overpay for a decent 6 weeks, or will they overpay for a very good showing in an inferior league (Brooks was the all-out star on his Chinese team).

Either way, one or both will be overpaid.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to have Brooks as a back up pg. In a role to come in and speed things up, provide instant offense off the bench like LB did, he would be perfect.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And he lost his starting job in the CBA too...SMH

Please it is getting enough.

Brooks did not lose his starting job. CBA rules did not allow him to start. They only allow a certain number of foreign players. Brooks could not start but CLEARLY was their star player.

Try to be reasonable for once.:bang:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The actual FACTS bear it out! Brooks has a much better resume to be a starter than Dragic's does. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. ASUCHRIS completely dismisses or forgets that Brooks won the Most Improved Player Award for an entire year of play!

We agree about the Most Improved Player Award over a year of play in the NBA says something but I question whether Brooks has the size and mindset to be a full-time point guard every year. His game appears mainly offense.

Whether that translates to contracts is another story. Will teams overpay for a decent 6 weeks, or will they overpay for a very good showing in an inferior league (Brooks was the all-out star on his Chinese team).

Marbury was like all everything over there which must cast some shade on Brook's accomplishments.

That seems the status quo although I believe Dragic is the most likely to get overpaid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Try to be reasonable for once.:bang:
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA! Thanks man that just made my morning!

Its hilarious cause its coming from you....arguably the most "unreasonable" poster on here!

Hey slinslin, Magic Johnson wasn't a PG right? ;) Gortat sucks right? ;) PER is what determines if a player is good or not right? ;)

I would go on, but I'm gonna go get breakfast.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't you have to go to pre-school soon?
That may be a good comeback in Germany now but it's way past its prime in America.

You must be registered for see images attach

Please try again though :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We agree about the Most Improved Player Award over a year of play in the NBA says something but I question whether Brooks has the size and mindset to be a full-time point guard every year. His game appears mainly offense.
I can't really argue with that, however the discussion is specifically about Brooks vs. Dragic. I think Dragic should be given the chance to start and run an offense, but I'm certainly not convinced he can do it. However, during his worthless run the last half-season was here, he was still a backup, and a backup to the greatest point guard in the modern game. That's a lot of pressure. I'm certainly open to giving him a shot as an everyday starter (if Nash is gone)--but like I said, the pedigree of Brooks is much higher than Dragic.

Marbury was like all everything over there which must cast some shade on Brook's accomplishments.
Poor comparison because Marbury was so much older and more experienced.

That seems the status quo although I believe Dragic is the most likely to get the most overpaid.
FTFY

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chaplin if you were the Suns GM- Who would you offer more $$ to be the starting PG of the Suns, Brooks or Dragic?

Just wanna know.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chaplin if you were the Suns GM- Who would you offer more $$ to be the starting PG of the Suns, Brooks or Dragic?

Just wanna know.

To be the starter? Dragic. Both are a big gamble, IMO. The only reason I'd go with Dragic is because he knows the system better than Brooks based on tenure and he's bigger. He did show something in Houston (finally), but that was a totally different system, and who knows if that would translate in Phoenix, because we don't really know what Alvin is going to do without Steve Nash.

My preference is to find a proven everyday starter in the position and not have to rely on either of them, but if that is the choice...

The argument was about who would be deserving of a larger contract. I think Brooks' resume says that he would be, however (and this is strictly a personal choice), I'd take the chance on Dragic if that was the choice I had to make.

At the end of the day, though, I'd like neither for the starting point guard role. At least, not outright.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't really argue with that, however the discussion is specifically about Brooks vs. Dragic. I think Dragic should be given the chance to start and run an offense, but I'm certainly not convinced he can do it. However, during his worthless run the last half-season was here, he was still a backup, and a backup to the greatest point guard in the modern game. That's a lot of pressure. I'm certainly open to giving him a shot as an everyday starter (if Nash is gone)--but like I said, the pedigree of Brooks is much higher than Dragic.

I think we can agree about the pedigree in regards to Brooks. However, I still think Dragic gets paid more that Brooks based upon projected future performance. We shall see.

Poor comparison because Marbury was so much older and more experienced.

Actually a younger, experienced (MIP) NBA PG in Brooks should have blown Marbury away in comparison. Brooks should definitely be more than Marbury.

Never quite sure of the meaning of these letters. There are some variations. :)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
To be the starter? Dragic. Both are a big gamble, IMO. The only reason I'd go with Dragic is because he knows the system better than Brooks based on tenure and he's bigger.

So basically you're agreeing with everything we're saying about their relative value, but quibbling about "pedigree".

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns still own restricted FA rights for Brooks. If he is not offered something extravagant, they need to match. He is too talented an asset to let go away for nothing.

The tipping point is probably around $3 million.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So basically you're agreeing with everything we're saying about their relative value, but quibbling about "pedigree".

No. You're not understanding the discussion. But that's ok. It's not about what I personally would do, it's about what is more likely. There's a solid argument there--both sides have very strong points about who would be more desirable.

The fact is, Brooks' resume says he SHOULD be more coveted than Dragic. Do you dispute that? Many will look at a very short 6 weeks and apply that to Dragic's entire future--which is what you are doing. I am also doing that to a lesser extent, however I don't like the idea of Brooks OR Dragic coming in and being our starter no questions asked. Maybe that's not a popular position with you or others, but that's fine. There's a fine line here, it certainly isn't black or white.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns still own restricted FA rights for Brooks. If he is not offered something extravagant, they need to match. He is too talented an asset to let go away for nothing.

The tipping point is probably around $3 million.

Does the Suns RFA rights expire after the draft? This is sort of what I am pondering based upon what I read sometime ago.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No. You're not understanding the discussion. But that's ok. It's not about what I personally would do, it's about what is more likely. There's a solid argument there--both sides have very strong points about who would be more desirable.

The fact is, Brooks' resume says he SHOULD be more coveted than Dragic. Do you dispute that? Many will look at a very short 6 weeks and apply that to Dragic's entire future--which is what you are doing. I am also doing that to a lesser extent, however I don't like the idea of Brooks OR Dragic coming in and being our starter no questions asked. Maybe that's not a popular position with you or others, but that's fine. There's a fine line here, it certainly isn't black or white.

You're misunderstanding me, appears to be a lot of that going on in this thread. I certainly do dispute that Brooks' resume "SHOULD" be more coveted than Dragic because I think you overrate Brooks accomplishments.

I certainly am not extrapolating the end of last season as an expectation to what Dragic will look like the rest of his career, but at least he's shown some aptitude to actually run a team and look like a real point guard. At his best, Brooks is a midget gunner who can get buckets but doesn't play like a PG.

As stated before, the proof will be in the pudding, we'll see who is more highly regarded by their contracts. Will that be definitive enough for you?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does the Suns RFA rights expire after the draft? This is sort of what I am pondering based upon what I read sometime ago.

My understanding is that they own restricted FA rights. Thats what this article seems to say anyway. I have a hunch that Brooks will be a very effective NBA player next year. Suns fans only saw him for a few months, and he was still recovering from an ankle injury which really affects a player who depends on speed.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...ix-suns-face-tough-decision-aaron-brooks.html

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You're misunderstanding me, appears to be a lot of that going on in this thread. I certainly do dispute that Brooks' resume "SHOULD" be more coveted than Dragic because I think you overrate Brooks accomplishments.

I certainly am not extrapolating the end of last season as an expectation to what Dragic will look like the rest of his career, but at least he's shown some aptitude to actually run a team and look like a real point guard. At his best, Brooks is a midget gunner who can get buckets but doesn't play like a PG.

As stated before, the proof will be in the pudding, we'll see who is more highly regarded by their contracts. Will that be definitive enough for you?

Sure, but again, you are completely discounting the two things that Brooks has going for him--his winning of the MIP (which was completely deserved after the monster year he had, and he did "run" the Rockets during that year), and his domination of the Chinese league. Yes, the league is inferior, there is no argument there, but he was better there than Dragic was in Slovenia.

When Dragic was with the Suns, he had a few great games -- but those were the exception, not the norm. He was pretty average most of the time, and the last half-year with us, he was downright terrible. He had a nice 6-week run with players the likes of Kevin Martin and Luis Scola. Two players nothing like anybody the Suns have.

The proof is absolutely in the pudding, and you seem to think I think Brooks is this great player that we should start. I don't. I don't like the idea of just handing over the reigns to either one of them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, but again, you are completely discounting the two things that Brooks has going for him--his winning of the MIP (which was completely deserved after the monster year he had, and he did "run" the Rockets during that year), and his domination of the Chinese league.

he won MIP over two years ago... it's ancient history. and the second thing you brought up means two things: jack and ****. Seriously? ASUCHRIS is discounting that Brooks was a monster in China? That's a joke, right?

When Dragic was with the Suns, he had a few great games -- but those were the exception, not the norm. He was pretty average most of the time, and the last half-year with us, he was downright terrible.

Dragic was a very good back-up PG for an entire season, with some great games sprinkled in. Yes, he was downright awful for us the next year, but in his first chance to shine with major minutes, the kid played pretty damn good basketball.

The proof is absolutely in the pudding

agreed and the proof will be that Dragic is much more sought after and gets a bigger contract than Brooks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The actual FACTS bear it out! Brooks has a much better resume to be a starter than Dragic's does. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

if that's the case, then are you going to say the entire LEAGUE is blind when Dragic gets a better contract than him. The guy had one good season 3 years AGO. And then immediately got shown to be a fraud, was dumped from one team and then had another team kick him to the curb where he ended up playing in freaking China for an entire year. THOSE are the facts.

ASUCHRIS completely dismisses or forgets that Brooks won the Most Improved Player Award for an entire year of play!

are you serious? Teams will pay for the guy who just played well against NBA players vs. a guy who flamed out of the league went to China and balled against complete scrubs. The fact that you even entertain this question is ludicrous.

either way... one or both will be overpaid? No. I think Brooks will get very little love and Dragic will be paid as a starter. I think it's folly to think otherwise.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
are you serious? Teams will pay for the guy who just played well against NBA players vs. a guy who flamed out of the league went to China and balled against complete scrubs. The fact that you even entertain this question is ludicrous.

Good lord. Here you go again... He flamed out of the NBA? What? You do remember there was a strike, right? And don't even try to claim that his unbreakable contract in China was a result of him flaming out of the league. That is the most ridiculous argument ever.

And I still don't understand why you have to reply to posts with such vitriol and meanness. You of all people should be having a pretty great life right now, not sure why you are so negative all the time on here, especially towards certain posters. Hard to believe that you could be so awful to people.