Reaction score
Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki
Hearing Todd Haley is on the Cardinals radar .... the plot thickens. #justsayin

He has to be better than Miller...

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:thumbup: Luv it!!!

Something told me after he was fired in a Wiz interview he wanted him back. Wiz said something along the lines of "We'll see after the season".

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, if this happens, all we will need is a QB and an O-line....:D
On the serious tip, couldn't hurt. I hope Grimm is long gone, been waiting patiently for that news. Look at the difference a new (green) DC has brought. Let's get an up and comer working with the O-line, we will won't do jack until we figure that out, Grimm is not getting the best out of our talent, like Paula Abdul says "Straight up now tell me."

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am a little surprised to be honest. Wouldn't hate it though. I liked Haley alot. Intense and took no crap.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I heard Bickley and MJ talking about it this afternoon.
The impression I got was this is something they, Bic & MJ, are pushing for and the story is not based in reality.
I believe they are making their own news or at least trying.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't actually want Haley back, although I think he's a great offensive coordinator. His personality and "intangibles" make me nervous. The problems we had this year weren't Miller's fault, no matter what anyone says. Guys missed plays. From the QB to WR's dropping balls to the Oline not doing their job. It wasn't the playcalling and schemes. Haley introduces a variable we can't even account for. I'm much more inclined to keep Miller and develop dudes, especially QB, given our system and how I think the whole thing will work in 2012, given how part of it worked in '11.

If you want to replace someone, replace Grimm, who's lack of protection has killed our team for years, even during the Warner era. With protection Warner is like 12-4 (with Fitz, Boldin, Breaston and Edge running it). Without it he's 9-7.

(Edit: Should be noted, Miller is more a Whis type guy anyway, keeps his mouth shut and does his job. He's a grinder. Haley always fiery and talking to the media. I know they're good friends, after working together, and sharing an office even, in NY way back, but still. Friends or not, Haley isn't a Cardinal, Miller is)

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Wow, if this happens, all we will need is a QB and an O-line....:D
On the serious tip, couldn't hurt. I hope Grimm is long gone, been waiting patiently for that news. Look at the difference a new (green) DC has brought. Let's get an up and comer working with the O-line, we will won't do jack until we figure that out, Grimm is not getting the best out of our talent, like Paula Abdul says "Straight up now tell me."

Sadly, I don't believe Grimm will ever be canned as long as Whiz is the coach. The two are joined at the hip.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Haley would be great to have back. We have regressed offensively since our SB year. A lot of that is because warner is gone, but some has to do with play calling. I doubt miller would take a QB coach demotion though

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Miller shouldn't be demoted for a guy hated in KC and hated in Dallas and disliked (I downgraded) in NY as WR coach. Only guy who likes Haley is Whisenhunt. That may be all that matters, but I doubt it. I think Whisenhunt has a sensibility about him and won't distract or worsen his team over a friend.

(Edit: And frankly, the only reason we like Haley is because he improved Fitzgerald, and there's no doubt he did, as Fitz himself even says. But there's only 1 guy like Fitz, someone willing to take severe mouthing and punishment verbally every day. Fitz thrives on that. But he's one of a handful of guys in the league willing to work with Haley. Haley improved one of our guys, good for him. Doesn't improve a team though)

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only reason we like Haley is because he improved fitzgerald ...
you certainly don't speak for me in this statement. I though Haley was an excellent play caller and a strong enough personality to be a counter to some of whiz' questionable decisions -- both in-game and during the week.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
too bad haley never looked liked the same genius in kansas city hmmmm

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you certainly don't speak for me in this statement. I though Haley was an excellent play caller and a strong enough personality to be a counter to some of whiz' questionable decisions -- both in-game and during the week.

Agree with this. Haley was good for the Cardinals.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I can only think of one season his playcalling was outstanding, and that was his first year in KC when he ran it out the barn. Given their talent, he revamped them into a good team. I was very impressed by that. He didn't do anything with us I wouldn't expect, given the roster and the talent, from any other coordinator. I actually think he did less with us than what should have been.

Haley, with us, was blessed by offensive talent in spades, with 3 good receivers, and 2 great ones, and RB Edgerrin James. That's like 10 wins without even counting the defense (look at the Patriots and Pack this year with the worst defenses in the league). And frankly on D guys gave up yards, but also created turnovers and touchdowns on D. That's what Haley inherited.

Miller is trying to pick up the pieces after Warner's retirement and it's not easy (look at history). It's one thing to coach talent on someone elses schemes (Whisenhunt's schemes, not Haley's) and quite another to develop that talent, which is what Miller is trying to do, and get them to play within the scheme.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I would be in favor of this.

I could be wrong, but it seems like our play calling was more innovative and less predictable under Haley.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree, he was more innovative and unpredictable, but there are side effects that go with that. It's like a bottle of medicine, and side effects (intangibles), when they tell you your d*ck may go limp for extended periods of time.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
He drew up the amazing Fitz catch on a napkin in the airplane on the way to Carolina in 2008 playoffs. Haley seems like he has more baggage now but can be controlled as an OC. Just look how Raheem Morris is getting alot of quick intervoews to come in as DC while as a HC, controversy followed him. Guys like Jim Haslett, Gregg Williams, and Rob Ryan are strong personalities that fit in better as coordinators the running the ship.

His stay here in Arizona was overwhelmingly positive and I was sad to see him go.

Sign me up. Think he would do wonders for play calling and innovation and might even help us develop a Quarterback.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sadly, I don't believe Grimm will ever be canned as long as Whiz is the coach. The two are joined at the hip.
I wish they were joined at the spread offense, but I think I should just deal with it, it's probably the same old "weight means more than production". It's really getting old though, the playcall mixed with our talent. Banged up runningback, fumbling runningback, out for the season runningback, if this keeps up all we are left with is the Whiz/Haley/Warner/Fitz thing. Kolb (I bought his jersey) is what he is, better than Skelton and gets the old Ealry glass suck trophy.

Bad luck is one thing, learning a new system is another, short prep time...i feel you and running for your life does add into the equation. Kolb.... this dude...flashes....chokes...accuracy at times...

I was big on the "knew we were gonna get Kolb" crew. I aint over him yet, but BPA should still apply with QBs in this year's draft IMO, should one come our way, reasonably early.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys are freaking killing me. If there was a football God, "Leatherneck" or some crap, I'd ask him to smite me and kill my ass after listening to you guys.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys are freaking killing me. If there was a football God, "Leatherneck" or some crap, I'd ask him to smite me and kill my ass after listening to you guys.
Just throwing that out at all or you got some specific posters in mind? :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard