Castle (ABC)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to post on this but the Nikki Heat stalker story line for two weeks back was just awesome.

There are a few shows my wife and I don't miss and Castle is one of them. I figured since this thread got buried, I'd bump it up, just for those who haven't checked it out yet.

My wife and I thought the same thing. One of the best story lines so far. Also, this last Mummy episode was freaking hilarious.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
So glad this show got renewed and was given a chance to grow. Great actors, great characters and a great setup. Like any good murder mystery show, they just have to keep it fresh with good plots and witty banter...been doing great at that so far!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Y'know, the only reason I even watched the pilot is because of Fillion, and I have been more than pleasantly surprised. It's one of the best shows on TV right now.

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Excellent finale tonight. I'm torn between whether or not they should get together or not. That tension works so well but how long can that go before it gets old? Unlike Mulder and Skully, these two need to end up together but where's the line to be drawn as to when? I think their chemistry could still work as a couple and that's only a portion of what makes this show so enjoyable, so it would be interesting to see that happen and how their relationship evolves...but conversley the unrequited love story works so well, you may not want to change it until you absolutely have to.

Next season should be very interesting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like the idea that it was Beckett who was going to make the move and not Castle. Normally in shows like this, they always make the man be the one who wants to put his heart out there and it gets stomped on by the object of his affection. Nice to see it coming from the woman this time.

But all I could think when that happened was, "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I love me some Stana Katic. :D

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Stupid that the writers set that up or stupid that Castle didn't let her finish?

Stout

Reaction score
I like the idea that it was Beckett who was going to make the move and not Castle. Normally in shows like this, they always make the man be the one who wants to put his heart out there and it gets stomped on by the object of his affection. Nice to see it coming from the woman this time.

But all I could think when that happened was, "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I love me some Stana Katic. :D

I'm with you all the way on this one, Chap. I love how they turned it around, but I knew it wasn't going to be resolved...yet. Castle had been getting his feelings hurt for a while now, so I knew they'd turn it on Beckett for a while. Also, when he talked about changing someone's mind and that he thought she'd come around, I just knew he wasn't talking about Beckett. I mean, I wanted it to happen in that scene, but I feared it wasn't.

And Chaplin, BACK OFF Stan Katic. She's mine, and I'm bigger than you :D

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you all the way on this one, Chap. I love how they turned it around, but I knew it wasn't going to be resolved...yet. Castle had been getting his feelings hurt for a while now, so I knew they'd turn it on Beckett for a while. Also, when he talked about changing someone's mind and that he thought she'd come around, I just knew he wasn't talking about Beckett. I mean, I wanted it to happen in that scene, but I feared it wasn't.

And Chaplin, BACK OFF Stan Katic. She's mine, and I'm bigger than you :D

Stan Katic has to be one of the most beautiful women on the planet. Plus she looks like the girl next door, so how much better can she be?

Loved the finale, but I was pretty bummed it didn't work out...your heart kind of goes out to people who are about to spill their guts and put themselves out there...and man I wanted him to hear that.

I think I agree...they could be together and still be a funny duo...I don't think the "Sexual tension" is really that evident most of the time, it's their banter and jabbing that makes it fun.

I really hope they don't drag it out.

And dang, I loved the last exchange:

"Back in the fall?"

"Yup."

Awesome :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stan Katic is attractive but I personally don't think she is hot or anything. There is definitely something about her I like but there are much hotter women on T.V.

Also, I figured something like in the final scene would happen but I was a tad surprised who it was. I thought it would be his other ex-wife for some reason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stan Katic is attractive but I personally don't think she is hot or anything. There is definitely something about her I like but there are much hotter women on T.V.

I met her a couple times a couple years ago when my boss was casting a pilot of his and dude, if you ever met her in person, you'd drop down on the ground and kiss her feet, she's that hot in person. One of the rare beauties that TV doesn't do justice. She's GORGEOUS. I mean, she had everyone in the room from our director who was married to Julianne Moore to our heterosexual female casting director just GUSHING over until she left the room and then for days after.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met her a couple times a couple years ago when my boss was casting a pilot of his and dude, if you ever met her in person, you'd drop down on the ground and kiss her feet, she's that hot in person. One of the rare beauties that TV doesn't do justice. She's GORGEOUS. I mean, she had everyone in the room from our director who was married to Julianne Moore to our heterosexual female casting director just GUSHING over until she left the room and then for days after.

Well I have been in the same room and met Kristin Bell. Now I always thought she was hot but OMG she is WAY hotter in person. So, I know what you mean but I still have to find someone hot to find them hotter in person. I just don't find Stan hot.

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow....just, wow. Great season finale. This show pretty much nails it every year. Consistently one of the few shows that we do not miss.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....just, wow. Great season finale. This show pretty much nails it every year. Consistently one of the few shows that we do not miss.

My wife and I have really grown tired of so many of the network shows but not this one. If anything, it's a better show today than when it first started.

Steve

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree great show. Can't wait already for next season. Finale was very good for this season.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah, incredible show and a great finale. I know a lot of people are going crazy about the kicker at the end, but if they used their brains, knowing that there's a fourth season...well, you know what I'm saying.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, incredible show and a great finale. I know a lot of people are going crazy about the kicker at the end, but if they used their brains, knowing that there's a fourth season...well, you know what I'm saying.

I know exactly what you're saying. Beckett is dead and her long lost twin will transfer in from L.A. to take her place.

Steve

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...this show continues to get better. I am actually less shocked at the final scene (you know what I am talking about) then I am what they did with one of the main characters. It was a twist I didn't really see coming until towards the end of the episode.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
My only fear, is that if they ever get together as a couple, this show will go the way of Moonlighting.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only fear, is that if they ever get together as a couple, this show will go the way of Moonlighting.

That depends. If they keep the relationship a little volatile I could see is still working. I don't recall how they did it in Moonlighting because I never watched it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn