Mythic Quest (Apple TV+)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Looks like there was never a thread for this gem. Season 1 came out about a year ago and they had a lockdown special. The trailer for season 2 dropped and is coming May 7th.

It's a comedy by Rob McElhenney & Charlie Day that stars McElhenney about a game company that makes an MMORPG. Stick with it for a few episodes if you try it out. I wasn't crazy over episode one but it really grew on me. It's a solid show.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grew on me too. Was one of my first quarantine binges. Really liked all the characters by the end.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter and I watch this show and love it.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Mythic Quest dropped a new special episode yesterday. It was ridiculously awesome. I'm pretty sure they blew their entire season 2 budget, but it was worth it.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Mythic Quest dropped a new special episode yesterday. It was ridiculously awesome. I'm pretty sure they blew their entire season 2 budget, but it was worth it.

Yeah, I watched it last night and it was great. Can't wait for the new season next month.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Glad I read this thread. Watched ep1 and was about to cast it aside. I’ll give the rest a go now. The magic of ASFN . . .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was pretty watchable to pass the time because I liked the characters, but I never found it laugh out loud funny.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was pretty watchable to pass the time because I liked the characters, but I never found it laugh out loud funny.

Agree. It's not one of those laugh out loud shows. The comedy is more subtle. I have actually been really surprised by the last two shows I randomly started watching. This one and Ted Lasso.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Woot! 2 more seasons. The announcement for it was funny too.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It got laugh out loud funny in season 2. Big second season leap from good to great show. Stoked to see it coming back for season 3 and 4.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It got laugh out loud funny in season 2. Big second season leap from good to great show. Stoked to see it coming back for season 3 and 4.
Even though the situations are over the top? There is some truth to some of the whacky things that happen on this show which is why I find it so funny.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrs and I recently started this while the 3 free month trial is going. We tore through season 1 and the hilarious quarantine episode and just started S2. I'm pretty sure we'll get through S3 before the trial is over because we're really enjoying the show.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not there yet. Finishing up season 2. The flashback episode might be one of my favorite episodes of any show this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rock solid show. season 3 isn't quite as funny as Season 2, but I love all these characters that I don't mind much.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
rock solid show. season 3 isn't quite as funny as Season 2, but I love all these characters that I don't mind much.

Not as funny but it's had more heart and it's feeling like the story line is a little bit more solid. We'll have to see how it plays out though.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We still love this. I'm praying we get all the way through S3 before the 90-day trial of AppleTV+ ends.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It’s amazing how this show just nails the flashback episodes each season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Young Poppy might be the best casting of a younger version in anything I’ve ever seen.
It was like they used a miniaturized ray gun the simply shrink the actual actress.

Best episode of the season. Origin story of them apart and then how they came together.

Love this show.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
It was like they used a miniaturized ray gun the simply shrink the actual actress.

Best episode of the season. Origin story of them apart and then how they came together.

Love this show.
Finally got to watch this episode last night. It was crazy how good Isla Rose Hall was at mimicking all of quirks and expressions that Charlotte has given Poppy.

Great episode.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Only thing I hate about this show is that it's only 10 episodes in a season. I want more of it. :)

Plus the eps are short and fly by. This season has caught us both off guard with how great it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose