Carson Palmer wants out of Cincy?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Per Mort and Schefter, Palmer wants out of Cincy so much so that he may even threaten to retire. He prefers the west coast. They mentioned three of the NFC West teams.

This is something I can definetely get behind. Make it happen!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Per Mort and Schefter, Palmer wants out of Cincy so much so that he may even threaten to retire. He prefers the west coast. They mentioned three of the NFC West teams.

I knew he wanted out of there but not to that extent. I would be behind picking him up 100%.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Carson Palmer is a shell of his former self.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know if I want Palmer here, but if he is on the table, it should make the Orton/McNaab/Bulger/Smith/Kolb possible deals a little bit cheaper.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Carson Palmer is a shell of his former self.
He threw for almost 4000 yards and 26 TD's this past year and completed over 60% of his passes. You wouldn't want that? He has never completed less than 60% of his passes in any full year of playing in the NFL. Plus he's playing Balt and Pitt twice a year. This year his schedule also included playoff teams NE, Jets, Indy, NO, and two of the better defenses that didn't make the playoff in SD and Miami.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I don't know if I want Palmer here, but if he is on the table, it should make the Orton/McNaab/Bulger/Smith/Kolb possible deals a little bit cheaper.
I think you need to re-think things if you would prefer Orton/McNabb/ Bulger/ Smith over Palmer. Kolb I would consider but not if he cost more.

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score
Carson Palmer has been Matt's sounding board from the very beginning. They worked out together, and talked to each other every day through the ordeal.

Who's side do you think he's on?

Arizona is not a desired destination.

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I would definitely prefer Kolb or Orton, but the question is, how does everyone compare Palmer to Bulger or McNabb

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Carson Palmer has been Matt's sounding board from the very beginning. They worked out together, and talked to each other every day through the ordeal.

He wants to be in the west and three teams in the NFC West were talked about. Do you think that St. Louis is one of those teams? I don't.

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score

Since when is COULD anything but conjecture from a sports media source? Carson isn't exactly shy about expressing his opinon...ask any Buckeye.

I'll trust the word of someone who is actually a part of the Palmer family and has ridden on the Bengals team jet...again, Carson has been Matt's biggest supporter through all this.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since when is COULD anything but conjecture from a sports media source? Carson isn't exactly shy about expressing his opinon...ask any Buckeye.

I'll trust the word of someone who is actually a part of the Palmer family and has ridden on the Bengals team jet...again, Carson has been Matt's biggest supporter through all this.

OK, fair enough, it is your baseless opinion that he does not like Arizona.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you basing this off of?

His baseless opinion. Or maybe his cousin is best friends with the sister of neighbor who walks the dog for Carson's third uncle twice removed.

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score
OK, fair enough, it is your baseless opinion that he does not like Arizona.

Who said he didn't like Arizona? Don't put words into my mouth...there is a difference in not liking a location, and not caring for the coaching staff.

As for my baseless opinion, it was not mine. We will see, won't we?

I'd just love for us to acquire a competent veteran to bring along our young QBs.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said he didn't like Arizona? Don't put words into my mouth...there is a difference in not liking a location, and not care for the coaching staff.

As for my baseless opinion, it was not mine. We will see, won't we?

I'd just love for us to acquire a competent veteran to bring along our young QBs.

Arizona as in the Arizona Cardinals.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
I'd like to know how much he would actually cost because he was always my first choice of a veteran QB to come to Arizona when it became obvious that the current situation was not going to work.

I believe he would do well here and is one of those guys that is not washed up but needs a change of atmosphere/scenery IMHO.

I was originally hoping that the Bengals would hire a new head coach and then release him so he wouldn't cost anything but his existing contract but now there could be draft picks involved. I will have to look into that but as I said, I believe he would be the best fit of a veteran QB to come in and succeed as a :newcards:.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how much he would actually cost because he was always my first choice of a veteran QB to come to Arizona when it became obvious that the current situation was not going to work.

I believe he would do well here and is one of those guys that is not washed up but needs a change of atmosphere/scenery IMHO.

I was originally hoping that the Bengals would hire a new head coach and then release him so he wouldn't cost anything but his existing contract but now there could be draft picks involved. I will have to look into that but as I said, I believe he would be the best fit of a veteran QB to come in and succeed as a :newcards:.

I would do one of those trades were it would be a 2012 4th rounder and then could escalate to a 2nd based on performance.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Well, given that it's likely that the draft will precede the signing of a new CBA, whomever gets him will be offering 2012 picks, etc. This also opens up the possibility that Cinci selects a QB at #4.

BIM: DEFINITELY

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This talks:
You must be registered for see images

And this walks:
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member