Tom Brady=Most overrated QB in NFL

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This IS the MOST IGNORANT thread I've seen EVER!! I mean since this board started...

Brady has enough rings to make any fan happy for life.
He was a 6th round pick.
He hasn't thrown any ints since forever.

Overrated...please!

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was responding to the assertion that he can't throw more than screen passes.

Is the NE passing game based on short passes? Yes. Does that mean they don't throw deep or Brady can't? No.
Totally agree. He can throw the deep balls, but for some reason Bilichick doesn't open it up. The Jets had great coverage today, but that possibly cost the Pats the game today.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't care about the league MVP's and Super Bowl rings he has.

LoL

Not sure how to forumlate an argument with someone who starts a completely ignorant rant by aknowledging that there is overwheliming evidence to the contrary but.......

We can dig a little deeper into the asserstion that all he does is check down.

We can look at Average Yards per attempt for a couple of players career and compare them to Brady.

Career Average Yards Per Passing Attempt
Peyton Manning 7.6
Brett Favre 7.1
Dan Marino 7.3
Joe Montana 7.5
Tom Brady 7.4

Career Average Yards per Completion
Peyton Manning 11.7
Brett Favre 11.4
Dan Marno 12.4
Joe Montana 11.9
Tom Brady 11.6

So in addition to his MVPs and Superbowl rings, which you dont care about, his YPA and YPC stand up to the greatest QB's who have ever played the game.

Last edited:

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My top five qb of all time are:

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Joe Montana
3. Dan Marino
4. Dan Fouts
5. Peyton Manning

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LoL

Not sure how to forumlate an argument with someone who starts a completely ignorant rant by aknowledging that there is overwheliming evidence to the contrary but.......
So because my opinion is different than yours it's ignorant? I never said his accomplishments are overrated.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So because my opinion is different than yours it's ignorant? I never said his accomplishments are overrated.

No it's ignorant because it's completely contrary to all physical evidence that exists. See my above post.

I also never said that you said his accomplishments are overrated so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was mid January not April 1st?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Interesting fact:

Twice this year the Patriots were held to 14 points or less. Both times the other team had somebody with the last name of "Ryan" coaching for them. Think the Ryan boys haven't got Belichick figured out?

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
LoL

We can dig a little deeper into the asserstion that all he does is check down.

We can look at Average Yards per attempt for a couple of players career and compare them to Brady.

Career Average Yards Per Passing Attempt
Peyton Manning 7.6
Brett Favre 7.1
Dan Marino 7.3
Joe Montana 7.5
Tom Brady 7.4

Career Average Yards per Completion
Peyton Manning 11.7
Brett Favre 11.4
Dan Marno 12.4
Joe Montana 11.9
Tom Brady 11.6

So in addition to his MVPs and Superbowl rings, which you dont care about, his YPA and YPC stand up to the greatest QB's who have ever played the game.

Queen E6 - E8: Checkmate

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some success? Super Bowls?

The Tom Bradys and Lamar Odoms of the world always seem to get lucky. Wish we had someone overrated that could get us that lucky. I do think Brady is overrated though. He's no better than the 5th best of all time despite what some people claim.

Steve

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I'd like to see people's lists of all-time greatest QB's.........I just don't understand it though........players play to win the Super Bowl, and when you guide your team to win it three times, it's still not good enough.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I do think Brady is overrated though. He's no better than the 5th best of all time despite what some people claim.

Steve

overrated & no better than 5th best QB all-time...which is it?

Some of you guys are talking out of both sides of your mouth on this subject!!!

Buckybird

Reaction score
I'd like to see people's lists of all-time greatest QB's.........I just don't understand it though........players play to win the Super Bowl, and when you guide your team to win it three times, it's still not good enough.

exactly!!! Many guys don't see Montana as a top 3 QB also...but I'm not sure there's ever been a better clutch QB.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
exactly!!! Many guys don't see Montana as a top 3 QB also...but I'm not sure there's ever been a better clutch QB.
Huh? Montana may be the best QB to ever play the game. I am not saying Brady isn't good, he is. What I am saying is he is overrated when people say he is in the top 5 best QB's of all time. Especially since his numbers are so skewed in that offense the Patriots play.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
If it's the system, Bill Bellicheck must be the greatest coach in the history of the game, right?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Didnt Bledsoe take the team to the first Super Bowl only Brady stepped in during the playoffs and actually won it?
No. Drew Bledsoe started the first two games, which the Patriots lost. He got hurt in the second game. Brady started the last 14 games and went 11-3. Bledsoe came in during the AFC Championship due to a Brady injury.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey did anyone notice that the Patriots haven't won a playoff game since 2007?

Meanwhile Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals have won 4 and got cheated out of their 5th and it took each year's SuperBowl Champs to knock the Cardinals out of the playoffs.

:p

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If it's the system, Bill Bellicheck must be the greatest coach in the history of the game, right?
Belichick is a great coach. I think when it's all said and done he will go down as the greatest HC in NFL history, but I would still like to see him win a Super Bowl without it being tainted.

Buckybird

Reaction score
What I am saying is he is overrated when people say he is in the top 5 best QB's of all time. Especially since his numbers are so skewed in that offense the Patriots play.

Were Warners #'s skewed because of the offense in Stl? Or Az? Hey, teams run the offenses they do mostly because of the people they having executing it...and that mainly falls on the QB shoulders when you see a great passing attack!!! Your point could be raised on nearly every successful offense in NFL history. Marino, Fouts, Favre. etc.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Were Warners #'s skewed because of the offense in Stl? Or Az? Hey, teams run the offenses they do mostly because of the people they having executing it...and that mainly falls on the QB shoulders when you see a great passing attack!!! You point could be raised on nearly every successful offense in NFL history. Marino, Fouts, Favre. etc.
Warner, Marino and others were throwing the ball downfield. Look at the offense the Patriots run. Why do you think Brady only had 4 INT's this year. A lot of their passing plays are quick slants and screens. Very rarely do you see a Brady pass go longer than 5 yards. Can you say the same for Warner, Marino, Young etc? Those guys aired it out and spread the field.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Warner, Marino and others were throwing the ball downfield. Look at the offense the Patriots run. Why do you think Brady only had 4 INT's this year. A lot of their passing plays are quick slants and screens. Very rarely do you see a Brady pass go longer than 5 yards. Can you say the same for Warner, Marino, Young etc? Those guys aired it out and spread the field.

I don't see the agruement. The Patriots don't have a downfield threat. The Cardinals have Fitzgerald and the cardinals qb couldn't hit Fitzgerald downfield.

Your not agrueing he not a elite qb and he not a great qb. you are agrueing that he doesn't throw deep because he doesn't have anybody to throw deep to.

Now we must get your difintion of a deep pass.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't have Montana in the top-3. In fact, I'd rather have Steve Young.

Good point. There are really two different measuring sticks for great QBs. Championships and great QB play/passing skills and running an offense. Marino was definitely a great QB. So was Neil Lomax even though they didn't win a Title.