It is time to start Max Hall

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With our OL, he's a PERFECT fit. Add his running dimension & Fitz would be open all day. Oddly, his touch and accuracy have never looked better. I wish we could make that trade today.

They say it's Kolb's team, but I think there will definitely be a controversy when he comes back. I also think that there's no way Vick is satisfied going back to the bench now that he's had a taste of starting and playing well.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They say it's Kolb's team, but I think there will definitely be a controversy when he comes back. I also think that there's no way Vick is satisfied going back to the bench now that he's had a taste of starting and playing well.
I bet the Cards FO and their infinite wisdom trade for Mike Kafka instead though. He got to sit behind Kolb and Vick...:mulli:

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm ready to throw in the towel. If next week DA doesn't go for 80% minimum 20 completions and 5 TDs should atleast give Max a full game. Atleast Max can develop while DA seems to have hit his full potential. He is not going to be in the HOF. I would have been happier with Leinart losing for us. We knew what we were getting in signing DA.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I see the logic.

Yeah, lets destroy the confidence of a 24 year old by throwing into games against the Chargers and Saints supported by 2 rookie wide receivers, a poor offensive line, and a terrible defense. This is a great way to develop a young player. This might be the worst idea that I have heard yet. No, not might be, it just is the worst idea.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, lets destroy the confidence of a 24 year old by throwing into games against the Chargers and Saints supported by 2 rookie wide receivers, a poor offensive line, and a terrible defense. This is a great way to develop a young player. This might be the worst idea that I have heard yet. No, not might be, it just is the worst idea.

What ever, there have been many rookie QB's in similar situations that did just fine. Hall is undrafted and a fighter, let him give it a shot if DA sucks this bad. Otherwise don't even show up with DA. I don't need to take the time to baby a QB who could give this team a better chance at a win.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If DA is starting, I straight up am not paying to go see him stink up that beautiful nest. Black out or not. If Hall is named starter, he will struggle, but I will go and support it.

No you won't. He will struggle and you will say that he is garbage as well. You will start clamoring for whatever top QB is coming out of college, and then be pissed that we are not in position to draft him. You will then be pissed because, with this constant turnover at QB, Fitz will not want to resign and will leave via free agency. This will make you call for Whiz's head because he didn't plan for this to happen, and we will return to the putridness that has been Cardinals football for almost my entire life as a fan. Not one fan supports terrible football for 14 weeks and that is what we would be subjected to if we started Hall next week.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No you won't. He will struggle and you will say that he is garbage as well. You will start clamoring for whatever top QB is coming out of college, and then be pissed that we are not in position to draft him. You will then be pissed because, with this constant turnover at QB, Fitz will not want to resign and will leave via free agency. This will make you call for Whiz's head because he didn't plan for this to happen, and we will return to the putridness that has been Cardinals football for almost my entire life as a fan. Not one fan supports terrible football for 14 weeks and that is what we would be subjected to if we started Hall next week.

Stick to reading palms there big guy. Don't predict what I will do or say and then criticize it like I said or did it. Make some sense my man. Stick to predicting what you will do or say, because thats the real mystery.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And if we don't start Hall next week(note I don't want him to) what will we be subjected to?

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Confidence should not be an issue in this league. Players I mean real players should beg for a chance to start and play in this league. Superstars would thrive at it. What kind of QB will he be if we have to baby him? So he says the o-line sucks, defense sucks, wide receivers are still green and freshy and the Saints and Chargers blitz too many times and hit too hard, and their DBs are really good I don't want to mess up my stats so start me after the bye.

A QB should be like Peyton Manning's first season. The colts were 3-13 and he threw 28 interceptions but the only way for him to learn was to throw, throw and throw some more.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Stick to reading palms there big guy. Don't predict what I will do or say and then criticize it like I said or did it. Make some sense my man. Stick to predicting what you will do or say, because thats the real mystery.

IT IS GAME 2! How on earth can your response not be considered an overreaction? You claim to be willing to give infinite patience in regards to the potential struggles of Max Hall, when you are calling for Derek Anderson's head after two games, on the road, resulting in a 1-1 record. Your insistence to replace our starting quarterback after two games with an undrafted free agent rookie pretty much cements how you will react to further QB struggles this season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And if we don't start Hall next week(note I don't want him to) what will we be subjected to?

Mediocre offensive line play.

Poor routes by receivers (this is a nod at Breaston whose poor route resulted in a pick).

Hopefully, a productive run game that includes Beanie Wells.

Inconsistent defense.

What is most shocking, is that we will be subjected to these things with or without Derek Anderson at QB. Why would you ever want to put a rookie QB into this situation? Like it or not, Derek Anderson gives us our best chance to win, and it is ridiculous to throw in the towel after week 2. If we still are stinking up the joint in week 10, we can have this discussion, but it is way too early.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Overreaction? I said we dont have a shot this season with DA as QB. I said I didn't want to take the time to baby a 24 year old undrafted QB that the team responds to. Hes 24 , years older than other rookies. I could sit here and play your little shock jock bit or I can laugh and let this be it. I wish we had more time to develope Hall, but if we want to do any thing this season, we could atleast get him a lot of reps and see what he has. I say good day, to you and DA.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
Do you think Bradford will get Rams to playoffs? maybe but 99% he won't - this is #1 pick not Max Hall.
Now if you ask me to pick DA or Hall this year, I'll easily pick DA. I need to know what gurantees any has with Hall?
you will easily kill Hall chances if you start him now.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do you think Bradford will get Rams to playoffs? maybe but 99% he won't - this is #1 pick not Max Hall.
Now if you ask me to pick DA or Hall this year, I'll easily pick DA. I need to know what gurantees any has with Hall?
you will easily kill Hall chances if you start him now.

I agree, rookie QBs wont get us or the rams to the play offs.
But I think Hall can benefit from every snap he gets. He takes over the starting spot every where he goes.

He went on a two year mission which does wonders for maturity. He plays with a tempo and passion I dont see in DA. Hes 24, I don't think hes the quick solution.

Hall already earned a 2 spot on a NFL team, translation, better be ready. Another translation, the coaches think he can.

DA is horrible, why play him. There is no getting better with DA. Just my opinion though, I don't get paid to make them.:D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You give him spot duty until the bye week. That way, with our 1 - 4 record, he won't be burdened by the expectations he would inevitably face if we started him right away. He's not going to save our season but we do need to get him as much seasoning as possible.

I've thought this from the moment Whis announced Leinart wasn't going to start a game during the preseason and I think it was CKW's plan also. Our Coach isn't stupid nor blind and he couldn't have chosen DA because he loved the guy's game. It was the lesser of two evils until Max Hall time.

Steve

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I was watching a different game... but wasn't Hall like 0-2 with an INT in garbage time. Clearly he is not ready to be the starter. We are stuck with Anderson this year for as long as he can remain healthy.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im for starting Hall after the bye.

Let DA get worked over vs the chargers/Saints (they are losses anyway) as a punishment for coming to our team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I was watching a different game... but wasn't Hall like 0-2 with an INT in garbage time. Clearly he is not ready to be the starter. We are stuck with Anderson this year for as long as he can remain healthy.

I don't think we want Hall in there because he's the saviour or anything. This team is not very good and QB is just one of our weaknesses. Granted, that's a BIG weakness but still, solving it doesn't make us contenders. We need to see Hall in there to find out whether he can become the long term answer.

Whis repeatedly mentioned that Hall was the best QB on our team during the preseason. Right now, that just means he's not as horrible as DA or Leinart - it doesn't tell us whether he can actually play in this league.

Steve

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I don't think we want Hall in there because he's the saviour or anything. This team is not very good and QB is just one of our weaknesses. Granted, that's a BIG weakness but still, solving it doesn't make us contenders. We need to see Hall in there to find out whether he can become the long term answer.

Whis repeatedly mentioned that Hall was the best QB on our team during the preseason. Right now, that just means he's not as horrible as DA or Leinart - it doesn't tell us whether he can actually play in this league.

Steve

Do you have quotes for this?

TopGun

Registered
Reaction score
Here you go mattyboy

Max Hall-QB - Cardinals Sep. 6 - 5:48 pm et

ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando predicts that Max Hall "will start at some point" for the Cardinals this season.
We agree, as readers of Rotoworld over the weekend already know. At halftime of Saturday's Notre Dame-Purdue game, NBC Sports' Peter King revealed that Ken Whisenhunt told him Hall was "the best of our four quarterbacks" in camp. Derek Anderson is a good bet to play himself out of the job with inaccuracy and inconsistency, and Hall is next in line for starts.
Source: ESPN.com

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Anderson should get a half. If he is still Anderson time for Hall.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Signing Anderson should be enough to get multiple player personnel people fired.

?
Isn't one of our newer Directors of Player development the former Browns guy? Its seems we have been slowly bringing over Brown's players and that is certainly not a model I would like to see the team follow.