It is time to start Max Hall

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The all knowing, all glorious, forever loved in our hearts head coach thought highly enough of the undrafted QB Max Hall and the 5th round QB from wherever the hell he is from Skelton that he kept them both and cut Leinart.....

So the genius must feel that Hall has a future in this league. So why not now? Some say he is not ready. Ready for what, complex defenses? Anderson has played in a Pro Bowl and is not ready to complete 5 yard passes so what difference does it make.

Max Hall will give the offense a different look. If the line sucks as bad as some say, he will be able to run. He has touch as well and can be accurate. He will make some rookie mistakes, but Anderson will as well

There is nothing to lose by playing Hall now over Anderson.

Signing Anderson should be enough to get multiple player personnel people fired.

This team will win 5 games with Anderson, if they are lucky. IN two games he looks like the worst QB we have ever seen in a Cardinals uniform. If you cannot accurately complete a pass to a wide open receiver, you are doomed.

Better to let Hall take his lumps vs the Raiders than later in the season. Either way it is inevitable so why the hell not?

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
He probably should have gotten some reps today. Not sure why he didn't.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am a huge DA hater and lover of all things Max Hall, but I still say not yet. At least one more game.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He probably should have gotten some reps today. Not sure why he didn't.

You didn't see him come in and throw 2 passes one of which was an interception?

It's not quite as easy as when you're in the lax pressure environment of preseason, playing at home against 3rd and 4th stringers.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
The all knowing, all glorious, forever loved in our hearts head coach thought highly enough of the undrafted QB Max Hall and the 5th round QB from wherever the hell he is from Skelton that he kept them both and cut Leinart.....

So the genius must feel that Hall has a future in this league. So why not now? Some say he is not ready. Ready for what, complex defenses? Anderson has played in a Pro Bowl and is not ready to complete 5 yard passes so what difference does it make.

Max Hall will give the offense a different look. If the line sucks as bad as some say, he will be able to run. He has touch as well and can be accurate. He will make some rookie mistakes, but Anderson will as well

There is nothing to lose by playing Hall now over Anderson.

Signing Anderson should be enough to get multiple player personnel people fired.

This team will win 5 games with Anderson, if they are lucky. IN two games he looks like the worst QB we have ever seen in a Cardinals uniform. If you cannot accurately complete a pass to a wide open receiver, you are doomed.

Better to let Hall take his lumps vs the Raiders than later in the season. Either way it is inevitable so why the hell not?

I never thought I would agree because I am not a fan of Rookie Qb's starting. But I completely agree 100%. DA sucks and sucks bad. I think Hall gets it and can give us the best chance to win. We are playing a very base offense with DA anyhow so why not. DA is just what he is, there will be games where he looks good if he stays in, but really this is what we will get all season. It wont get better. He has been in the league long enough and has not learned to not stare recievers down, or how to put the ball where it needs to be, why think he now will learn. If Whis does not make the move his ego has gotten the better of him.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score

It's not quite as easy as when you're in the lax pressure environment of preseason, playing at home against 3rd and 4th stringers.

Dont make yourself look so new !!! In crunch time with such a defecit that was what was possible but you take chances. This is no way to judge a player and I am sure you know it.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let Hall get reps all week and then start him. It cant get worst than today. Hall can adapt like other rookie QBs or we can keep looking. Thats what it all comes down to.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Coming in as a back up, on the road, after taking 2nd string snaps the week before, and while getting blown out is hardly an ideal situation to make your NFL debut.

Actually you can just look back a few years to another time we got creamed in the ATL. Leinart comes in for Warner and gets schooled, starts vs the Chiefs the next week and shines. Practice reps have a huge effect. Either way, I will call it now, we lose vs. Oakland next week and that will signal the wheels officially coming off. We won't get blown out, but DA will screw up in a way that puts the nail in the coffin.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Hall wouldn't be any good this year, but with Anderson this team is a 6-7 win team.. so really what is the point of playing him?? If they like Hall like we all expect they do, then let him play and experience the speed bumps young Qbs are gonna have to deal with..

Right now, I just can't stand the current state of the team.. There is no hope with Anderson in there.. At least with Hall, we can latch onto some hope that maybe we have a QB of the future on the roster.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree. Hall wouldn't be any good this year, but with Anderson this team is a 6-7 win team.. so really what is the point of playing him?? If they like Hall like we all expect they do, then let him play and experience the speed bumps young Qbs are gonna have to deal with..

Right now, I just can't stand the current state of the team.. There is no hope with Anderson in there.. At least with Hall, we can latch onto some hope that maybe we have a QB of the future on the roster.

I see the logic.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"If" Whiz makes a chamge it will be during the bye week.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good for discussion but Whiz is not ready for that yet. Let DA get the boo birds going at home and it will hasten Hall's taking over.

TopGun

Registered
Reaction score

Your dead on!!!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If Hall doesn't start this week.... He won't until after the bye. No way we put him in there against the Saints & Chargers....

Seattle after a bye week makes the most sense.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good for discussion but Whiz is not ready for that yet. Let DA get the boo birds going at home and it will hasten Hall's taking over.

Oakland has a good D. Expect it this week. Raiders in town, bunch of drunk fights, maybe a DA pick 6 to seal it...just like the SDS days.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If DA is starting, I straight up am not paying to go see him stink up that beautiful nest. Black out or not. If Hall is named starter, he will struggle, but I will go and support it.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.

I for one can't even see coming close to (6) wins with DA this season.Even in my dreams of all things positive (6) wins seems like a VERY POSITIVE outcome with our schedule.The Rams will even be tougher next time.We don't have ONE gimme game on the schedule.

Today was no abhoration and it was'nt even one of the best teams we will face and we got treated like step children.The AFC West all seem to be good teams.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I for one can't even see coming close to (6) wins with DA this season.Even in my dreams of all things positive (6) wins seems like a VERY POSITIVE outcome with our schedule.The Rams will even be tougher next time.We don't have ONE gimme game on the schedule.

Today was no abhoration and it was'nt even one of the best teams we will face and we got treated like step children.The AFC West all seem to be good teams.

Give the Falcons their due, they are a very good team. They dominated the Steelers last week & should be 2-0. The only way we can win with DA behind center is if the D keeps the opposition under 17 pts. Other than that, I don't like our chances. I wouldn't throw Hall in there until after the bye. If you rush him, you may scar him for life. I know most of you HATE the idea, but I would sign Vick in the offseason. It looks like Philly wants to commit to Kolb & I saw enough of Vick the last 2 weeks so say that he is MILES better than anything on our roster. QBOF is overrated. Find a QB that's ready NOW.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Give the Falcons their due, they are a very good team. They dominated the Steelers last week & should be 2-0. The only way we can win with DA behind center is if the D keeps the opposition under 17 pts. Other than that, I don't like our chances. I wouldn't throw Hall in there until after the bye. If you rush him, you may scar him for life. I know most of you HATE the idea, but I would sign Vick in the offseason. It looks like Philly wants to commit to Kolb & I saw enough of Vick the last 2 weeks so say that he is MILES better than anything on our roster. QBOF is overrated. Find a QB that's ready NOW.

Gotta say I was again impressed with Vick today. Don't know if he's the right fit for the team but he's definitely an upgrade.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta say I was again impressed with Vick today. Don't know if he's the right fit for the team but he's definitely an upgrade.

With our OL, he's a PERFECT fit. Add his running dimension & Fitz would be open all day. Oddly, his touch and accuracy have never looked better. I wish we could make that trade today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard