Problems with site....

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Not sure how I finally got in, but every time I click to open and read a thread the past 24+ hours I get a "no such page" message in the upper left hand corner. Been getting it on my laptop and desktop both. Has anyone else had this issue and is there some kind of fix?

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Not sure how I finally got in, but every time I click to open and read a thread the past 24+ hours I get a "no such page" message in the upper left hand corner. Been getting it on my laptop and desktop both. Has anyone else had this issue and is there some kind of fix?

Yes, imaCardfan. Thank you for mentioning this.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
yep, it was probably Blowhard the Niner lover hacking into our site

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Me too. You have to go to the main page then to the Forums then click on the Cardinals to get in and post.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I have a much more serious problem that I only just discovered is because of this site. A much, much more serious problem.

Several times over the past few weeks, I've had something happen. I sat down to the computer a few weeks ago, and all of a sudden, BAM! My computer was under attack! Windows was telling me it needed to act immediately to fix it. Thankfully I wasn't as gullible as most folk and realized that it wasn't windows, but the website I was clicking on. In other words, the site had been hacked, and whatever had hacked it was trying to get me to let them into MY computer. I got rid of it, had PC Cillin get rid of all the junk that did get onto my computer, and carried on.

This has happened several times since then, notably just a few minutes ago. That's when I realized that this always happens WHEN I OPEN ASFN!

Now, I love ASFN and never, ever want to leave it. It's like a big family room and the people here have treated me very well. Problem is, if it becomes a place that routinely tries to attack my computer, I WILL have to leave.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Same here, this site is hacked, or you are selling ads to hackers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have had the same issue and I agree with Stout there is something wrong with ASFN right now.

My girlfriends laptop works fine, my PC won't let ASFN run it keeps redirecting me from the page. I am running a scan, Norton didn't find anything trying others. yesterday Norton runned me of an attempted attack it had blocked.

I had no idea what site it came from because at the time my girlfriend had Firefox open with 5 windows and IE open with 3 windows, was logged into Facebook her page on Firefox, mine on IE, her email on one, mine on the other etc. Yes, we have a little issue with computer security as in when I tell her not to do something she gets mad, and then when the computer hangs she says "I didn't do anything."

But as of right now I can't access ASFN from my main computer because Norton is blocking it due to this attack which I now know is coming everytime I try to log into ASFN.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through the main forum to get here and then updated my address in my shortcuts because I noticed that the address was different. Now all the threads open up. I don't usually go to the main forum, I come straight to the Cardinals forum.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I have a much more serious problem that I only just discovered is because of this site. A much, much more serious problem.

Several times over the past few weeks, I've had something happen. I sat down to the computer a few weeks ago, and all of a sudden, BAM! My computer was under attack! Windows was telling me it needed to act immediately to fix it. Thankfully I wasn't as gullible as most folk and realized that it wasn't windows, but the website I was clicking on. In other words, the site had been hacked, and whatever had hacked it was trying to get me to let them into MY computer. I got rid of it, had PC Cillin get rid of all the junk that did get onto my computer, and carried on.

This has happened several times since then, notably just a few minutes ago. That's when I realized that this always happens WHEN I OPEN ASFN!

Now, I love ASFN and never, ever want to leave it. It's like a big family room and the people here have treated me very well. Problem is, if it becomes a place that routinely tries to attack my computer, I WILL have to leave.

TJUofA showed me a program called AdBlockerPlus that not only blocks crap like that, but blocks the ads on ASFN. its awesome, PM him about it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through the main forum to get here and then updated my address in my shortcuts because I noticed that the address was different. Now all the threads open up. I don't usually go to the main forum, I come straight to the Cardinals forum.

And that does work even on my main computer but I think it's not the bigger issue here. The reason it works I suspect is because we have this forum bookmarked and because of the site attacks people's computers are blocking those pages or this site has deleted those links to get around the hack?

Hopefully that means they're aware of the hack and have taken steps to eliminate it, if not, we're all going in the long way but it will eventually be blocked just like the old bookmarks are?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stout

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, and I'm glad (or rather, not glad) I'm not alone. The big issue here is who higher up the chain (the foreign owners) knows about this, and what's being done to fix it, if anything.

For a bunch of foreign owners that no one can seem to convince to change front-page articles over a year old, I don't have much confidence they'll end up caring much about security issues either. Now, if their ads were being threatened, it might be a different story :D

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score

I sent DCR a private message about it... I've had it happen several times on two seperate PC's...

Stout

Reaction score
I just sent a message to the site admins (if they even read that any more). It alerts them to the problems here and that the website has been completely hacked. Sadly, after seeing that it had an old email listed for me, I didn't fix it...I was afraid my email would be hacked! lol

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I sent a PM to the powers that be and also used the "contact" (useless) option to let them know.
So we should get a response in about a week. :sarcasm:

The silence from mods and admins is frankly disturbing. I know they have no power regarding the problems but how about somebody stepping up.
Even a "we're aware of it and are working on it" would be nice.

IMHO there is more to being in a position of responsibility than just banning people.

alan_we

Admin
Reaction score
OK - There were issues with vBCredits yesterday that lead to weird behaviour. We disabled and re-enabled the relevant plug-ins and we have reasons to believe the problems reported here went away with that.

If you are still experiencing problems - pls post here and I will check. When reporting a problem - pls include relevant links to the page where the issue happened or the link that you clicked and lead you to an error message and the error message itself. The more factual the post the fastest we will be able to address the issue.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
OK - There were issues with vBCredits yesterday that lead to weird behaviour. We disabled and re-enabled the relevant plug-ins and we have reasons to believe the problems reported here went away with that.

If you are still experiencing problems - pls post here and I will check. When reporting a problem - pls include relevant links to the page where the issue happened or the link that you clicked and lead you to an error message and the error message itself. The more factual the post the fastest we will be able to address the issue.
the link is the forums main page... It happens right as the ad's load. It redirects you to a web page that looks like windows explorer and gives you a bogus virus count on what they want you to think are your local drives.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
My computer got that virus. It cost me $170 to get it fixed. I really hope it wasn't from here.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, and the fact that the site has been hacked and is trying to hack individual PCs...?

How would the site only attack a select few computers and not all? I'm not saying it didnt. Just doesnt seem to make sense?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would the site only attack a select few computers and not all? I'm not saying it didnt. Just doesnt seem to make sense?

I've had zero problems, period. Maybe I'm just lucky? :shrug:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, and the fact that the site has been hacked and is trying to hack individual PCs...?

Some virus programs will be downloaded at one website, pick an address from your favorites or history, and then activate when you go to that site. I'd guess that's what happened to you.