2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
As posted in another thread, I basically see the Cards winning another 3 games, which puts us at 10-6.

I think SF will win 3 for sure, 4 if they play good, 5 if everything breaks their way.

The division race is solidly in the hands of the Cards, being 3 games up, but is by no means over by a long shot.

SF and ARI play each other in 3 weeks. That's going to be a BIG game for the NFC West.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As posted in another thread, I basically see the Cards winning another 3 games, which puts us at 10-6.

I think SF will win 3 for sure, 4 if they play good, 5 if everything breaks their way.

The division race is solidly in the hands of the Cards, being 3 games up, but is by no means over by a long shot.

SF and ARI play each other in 3 weeks. That's going to be a BIG game for the NFC West.
Nope it's over.
I just want to see this team play to the team's strengths, for the rest of the season.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Nope it's over.
I just want to see this team play to the team's strengths, for the rest of the season.

A little premature at this point to declare the 9ers the division winner, Ronin. I mean, jeez, they are 3 games back :p

What do you think the 9ers will do over the next 6 games?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A little premature at this point to declare the 9ers the division winner, Ronin. I mean, jeez, they are 3 games back :p

What do you think the 9ers will do over the next 6 games?
The coach isn't playing to the 49ers strengths.
The 49ers aren't going to win many games by playing smash mouth football, because they don't do it well.
If the 49ers would go to the spread offense, then maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the division.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah we actually looked pretty damn good with a W. Cards lost so now we're two back....that MNF game is definitely getting bigger each week
I still don't this team is going to make the playoff, but they
have to handle business this week against Seattle......I think they will win this sunday.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank the 2009 San Francisco 49ers for playing. Cards have division wrapped up.

Do you think they have a chance of finishing second in the division?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, that and J.T O'Sullivan is the best QB Mike Martz ever coached. :) And all Shawn Hill does is win football games. :)

I only saw the last two minutes of the game yesterday. Didn't Alex Smith have a chance to drive down an get a FG to win the game, only to fail and give the Seahawks a chance to win it?
yup vernon davis dropped the game winning touchdown.....and crabtree had alligator arms.....far from alex's fault.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was not Smith's fault Gore had 9 carries. Mike Nolan wins just as man games if not more this year if he is still with the team.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^
that doesn't even make sense.
No comprende
It was a joke, except for the part about the 49ers have the same amount of wins if not more, if they would have kept Mike Nolan. Smith may be have earned another year, but is Singletary really the answer?

And can San Fran hold off Seattle for second place in the division?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
49ers would be stupid to fire Singletary and are on the right track IMO. They are 1--possibly--2 seasons away from being real contenders. I hate the 9ers with a passion, but they are doing a lot of good things and would be dumb to change course.