Suns at Sterns 6:30 TNT MY 45

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Maybe we are just too negative, that's why all the negativity in the world would go with the Suns.

Cheesebeef, can you atleast be positive for the remainder of this series? If you are going to just post a negative thing, can you just keep it to yourself?

Well, just saying...

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, I didn't see too much bs calls by the ref. Funny, games that we should've won sometimes, refs helped contribute. Refs call it fair, we decide to shoot ourselves in the foot.....way to go suns!

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Dont give up on your team! You were in both games and the home team pulled it out. You can certainly win 2 at home and make it a 3 game series and should you come back, that would be great momentum going against whats looking like a real tough hornets team.

I know it hurts to lose these, but dont hang your heads or you are simply doing what your accusing your team of...giving up.

Have faith....

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Off season plans:

Fire D'Antoni
Trade Barbosa
Trade Diaw
Build bench

I'm dreaming... you build bench with draft picks.

Reaction score
I stayed optimistic after the first game, but it is getting damn hard to stay optimistic now. We can go and win the next two games and tie it up, but it's going to be really hard, and Nash will have to play virtually the entire game. Barbosa can not run the point when Nash leaves in the current offense. He is constantly trying to take a quick shot, either a layup against three defenders or a contested three. We have an advantage down low, and we seem to shy away from it every single time things get tough. Sure, Shaq and Stat might miss a couple of shots in a row, it's impossible to shoot 100%, but I guarantee that they'll shoot 50%+, and that is better than freaking out and turning the ball over.

I don't want to get on Diaw's case, because he played very well in the first half, but he was matched up against Ginobli and Parker in the fourth, and he did nothing. Sigh, it's just the same story after every loss.....

What's so irritating is that these guys have so much potential, just watch the first half. We HAVE to have the next two games. The guys need to go out and take them on their home court.

Also, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THE REFS IN THIS GAME.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we are just too negative, that's why all the negativity in the world would go with the Suns.

Cheesebeef, can you atleast be positive for the remainder of this series? If you are going to just post a negative thing, can you just keep it to yourself?

Well, just saying...

I can be realistic, but it's hard to be positive at this point.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
I vow not to get on their case this time! It seems its always the same 4 or 5 guys.

I think not having Hill hurts a lot.... just my opinion. So the spurs held court. You can still hold your court and make it a 3 game series.

Don't give up guys... your better than that!

I applaud your optimism, but I have taken off my rose colored glasses and really think that this team will not be able to come back from 2 games down. They lack the drive, the passion, the smarts, the will to win and most of all the energy.

And I absolutely agree with the others on this board who blame Sarver and D'Antoni. Sarver ruined this team with his cheapness (if that is even a word) and D'Antoni is just plain outcoached and too stubborn to realize that maybe, Just MAYBE, his style of coaching just isn't getting it done.

I think he is too passive...he never gets fired up unless he is blasting the officials for a bad call. This team needs to have a fire lit under them and get some basketball IQ. They looked lost and dumb out there in this game. I'm just really disheartened with this team right now.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
good thing Amare missed 3 of 4 FTs this quarter. This is so typical, just like Game 6 last year. Big run at the end, too little, too late.
Good thing Nash started to overdribble in teh 3rd quarter and ****ed whatever rhythm we had up. Oh he had some points late in the game for you Nash jockers.

djohnson

Rookie
Reaction score
The Suns will come back home and win both games. They will head to San Antonio and take game 5...only to return home and win it in SIX...

Everyone will say what a great series this was.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
barbosa, he also helped facked up that 3rd qtr. plenty of missed shots. using too much time on the shot clock. fool just needs to get the ball moving.

bench barbosa!!!!

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I think he is too passive...he never gets fired up unless he is blasting the officials for a bad call. This team needs to have a fire lit under them and get some basketball IQ. They looked lost and dumb out there in this game. I'm just really disheartened with this team right now.

The basketball IQ won't go up with Amare on the team. That guy is the absolute worse ball hog this playoff series, worse than Kobe 2 seasons ago.

There was a time he passed it out to Bell in the 1st quarter, and guess what, he made the 3!! 3rd quarter Amare just drove to basket, blocked by 3 guys, and complained about getting no call. Then he got the ball again and bricked a jump shot.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
I can be realistic, but it's hard to be positive at this point.

What's the advantage of being negative anyway? That if you turn out right, you won't be too disappointed? That if you are right, you can say to your fellow fans "I told you so!"

I can now conclude, that the Spurs, really owns everyone related to the Suns franchise. I mean, look at the fans. Even the fans are afraid to be positive..

Oh well..

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That was a hard game to watch. It seemed like I cared more about how poorly they were playing in the 3rd than Amare did.

Reaction score
The Suns will come back home and win both games. They will head to San Antonio and take game 5...only to return home and win it in SIX...

YES! They can do it, if they stay committed and devoted to playing at a high level of intensity the entire game. They know what the Spurs are going to do. They know that they will pick and roll to death. Now they need to stop it for an entire game.

BTW, even if we beat the Spurs, the Hornets are like the worst matchup for us. That pick and roll would absolutely devastate us.

Cicart

Rookie
Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about? The refs were great in thisgame. They actually let them play! There was only one time I saw Amare get fouled and no call...other than that, one of the best called games all year. Not one Sun was in foul trouble all night, and one of the spurs fouled out! Suns just blew it tonight in the 2nd half.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just so frustrated....I know they have the talent...but why do they tank games like this when they have a lead? I swear sometimes I just want to jump through the TV and bitch slap them all and yell SNAP OUT OF IT! and play up to your friggin potential.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score

suns will lose atleast 1 at home...guarantee it.

they have no answer for ginoseli or parker. not when Hill is out.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs were plenty fair in this one. They called Oberto when he flopped. They fouled out KT.

Ultimately the Suns bigs need to make a concerted effort to play defense on switches.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the advantage of being negative anyway? That if you turn out right, you won't be too disappointed?

I don't care about being right or wrong. I use this place to talk Suns basketball. When they win, I rejoice, when they lose, I vent. It has nothing to do with advantage. I just call them like I see them.

I can now conclude, that the Spurs, really owns everyone related to the Suns franchise. I mean, look at the fans. Even the fans are afraid to be positive..

Oh well..

honestly, are you really bashing Suns fans who have been tortured for years when you're a nomad who has no loyalty to any team and rather follows around a player who wins a majority of the time? Walk a mile in my shoes before you crticize or tell me to shut up, okay? I'm not telling you to shut up. It's a message board, everyone has opinions. Sue me for being down on us after completely blowing Game 1 and then looking completely outclassed in Game 2.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe how well Amare guarded Duncan at the end of the game. That was incredible. It's like he knows how to do it, but would rather not.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
The refs were plenty fair in this one. They called Oberto when he flopped. They fouled out KT.

Ultimately the Suns bigs need to make a concerted effort to play defense on switches.

Your 100% correct there. This game was won in the 3rd quarter when the spurs clamped down and did just that. They switched and took the pick and roll away from nash and amare.