Flight of the Conchords

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought this episode was awesome. The whole various bowie-era's atyled song Bowie in Space was effin BRILLIANT. And Ive lived in a compartment before. Its not far from the truth!

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Labrinth bowie rocks! Oh how I've wanted that outfit and the crystal ball of course

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Card guy: "The meeting already started."
Murray whispers: "Well, he didn't take roll call..."

:biglaugh:

(ps, it's Jemaine, not Jermaine....)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show continues to just be hilarious. the racist dragon was just ridiculous.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Those are still words."

"Oh, it's my favorite box."

Murray - "We're just talking about upcoming gigs."
Jemaine - "There's none."

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Great episode. Dave was great, "be that as it may Jemaine, you guys are still the most hated race in the whole city."

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
This was the best episode so far IMO. The guy that ran the fruit stand was hilarious. "You want a brown delicious, to the face!"

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great songs, too. Every mother flippers messin with my shhhhhh? Cmon!

My wife read an article about them in Interview this month. Apparently it was the Racist Dragon skit that got them signed. These guys actually were looking for work as folk singers with all these songs. They were deadly serious about getting musical gigs. They could only land opening slots at comedy clubs though, and the rest they say, is history.

Only 6 shows left, now. HBO! Pick up more!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
My wife read an article about them in Interview this month. Apparently it was the Racist Dragon skit that got them signed. These guys actually were looking for work as folk singers with all these songs. They were deadly serious about getting musical gigs. They could only land opening slots at comedy clubs though, and the rest they say, is history.

Only 6 shows left, now. HBO! Pick up more!

I first saw them on their HBO special last year. They were very entertaining doing standup, but this show really suits their talents. Murray and the #1 fan give the show a nice variety. Personally I think the racist Dragon has probably been their weakest song so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife read an article about them in Interview this month. Apparently it was the Racist Dragon skit that got them signed.

that makes total sense - it's without a doubt, the funniest/weirdest thing they've done on the show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weirder than Labrinth Bowie? I dont know...

There just more of a disconnect with throwing in a random racist dragon who's tears turn into jellybeans than a musician having a dream about another musician, even in Labrynth get-up. JMO.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
that makes total sense - it's without a doubt, the funniest/weirdest thing they've done on the show.

I would have to disagree. Seeing as how I start to chuckle and sing "It's Business time" every morning when I put on my socks, because well they are my business socks.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I would have to disagree. Seeing as how I start to chuckle and sing "It's Business time" every morning when I put on my socks, because well they are my business socks.

Yeah, the "It's Business Time" song has become a regular saying now in my house. Taking out the recycling isn't part of it, but it's still important.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, the "It's Business Time" song has become a regular saying now in my house. Taking out the recycling isn't part of it, but it's still important.

it's also become the warcry of a small, but elite, group of attorneys spread across the united states of late . . .

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Personally I think the racist Dragon has probably been their weakest song so far.

Albi the racist dragon is probably my favourite song of theirs I've heard. Though I really like Jenny too.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite song of the episode was "Hi!" by Murray, but the Racist Dragon song was so funny we had to rewind the on demand because we were laughing so hard. Not everyday can one laugh at the "badly-burnt Albanian boy from the day before."

Special note: I would never laugh at any real badly burnt Albanian boys.

The scenes with Dave were really funny.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
My favorite song of the episode was "Hi!" by Murray, but the Racist Dragon song was so funny we had to rewind the on demand because we were laughing so hard. Not everyday can one laugh at the "badly-burnt Albanian boy from the day before."

Special note: I would never laugh at any real badly burnt Albanian boys.

The scenes with Dave were really funny.

Inject a piece of his fruit with strychnine and then when a customer dies the CIA will trace it back to him. Then he's going straight to the big house.........Alcatraz.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inject a piece of his fruit with strychnine and then when a customer dies the CIA will trace it back to him. Then he's going straight to the big house.........Alcatraz.
Have you ever seen Escape from Alcatraz? It wasn't easy.