Your top 5 favorite (non-Suns) players in the League?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Marbury

Quentin Richardson

Cliff Robinson

Voskuhl

Bo Outlaw

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
1) Kevin Garnett: I think his team could go 0-82, and he'd still be hustling for every loose ball and play the game as if it would be his last.

2) Ray Allen: Seems to be a nice guy whom's shooting is pure beauty.
Usually my first player on NBA 2K to trade for. Works great with the Suns. ;-)

3) Dirk Nowitzki: I used to hate him cause he was everywhere on the german media. The rare games they used to broadcast were Nowit...err Dallas-games.
Nowitzki everywhere. Just got on my nerves.
However, I absolutely admire the way he seems to be. When I see him on tv, it is like he still feels being a "normal" bloke. No superstar-allures whatsoever. And he's a great player.

4) Shaq: The day he'll retire, I'll feel the same as with Reggie Miller. Shaq is an icon. I can't imagine the NBA without him.

5) Dwigth Howard: Can we trade for him, please?

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score
1) Mo Peterson - love the guy. Very good shooter, even more - very good clutch shooter. This guy can make the basket from any angle in any situation. Also - not a bad defender. Would be great in Suns uni.

2) Delonte West - i'm still convinsed that in couple of years he'll be a superstar

3) Raymond Felton

4) Dwight Howard - the guy is a force

5) Andris Biedriņš - just because he's from the same place i am

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
1.Eddie House-The reason I like him is he went to ASU.
2.Ike Diogu-same reason as number 1
3.Yao Ming-both me and him are chinese
4.Kevin Garnett- his game is great he averages a double double
5.Jason Kidd-I took a picture with him when he was with the Suns. I also attended his basketball camp.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Those players really fall into two groups: the ones I like, though not necessairly respect their playing style... and the ones I don't like, but respect for what they do on the court. For example, Shaq would go into the first list, whereas Dirk would make the second. And then there are those who fall into both groups, like Chris Paul and Elton Brand. Okay, this is not really a top five.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
As a Mavs fan...

1. Steve Nash - he was a Mav, when we traded for him and made that amazing draft deal for Nowitzki it was the start of a franchise rising. Oh that and he's amazing to watch.

2. Dwight Howard - he's Amare with a bigger frame, a lot more raw offensively, and a little better defensively. Once he gets that offense down you will swear they are twins. He's a class act too.

3. Chris Bosh - he gets criticized a lot for being soft for a big guy but one look at his stats and a GM won't care. Not to mention the surprising surge of the young Raptors squad. Definitely my favorite lefty.

4. Kobe Bryant - you have to respect him, and even now I still hear people hold that rape thing against him even if it was dropped. He's the all around best offensive player in the league.

5. Tim Duncan - best power forward to ever play the game, enough said.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lord... limiting to just 5 is very complex... True, I follow/root strictly for just one team (the Suns), but through playing Fantasy basketball all these years one tends to gain a vast appreciation towards many individual players.....

Here's my list of 5 and in no particular order:

1) Grant Hill) I guess it's because many of you know I grew-up following the Pistons prior to when I moved out here in '02.... I was so elated when the he was drafted out of Duke in '94.... I had visions of him elevating the NBA to a higher level, but obviously all his well documented battles with injuries prevented him that greatness... However, he's still a very solid player, but just wondered what if..... He's very unselfish....extensively involved in the community... just unfortunate that he may never win a title.. he's probably the most deserving player right now of someone who hasnt won (besides anyone whos currently on the Suns)... Hill could have bowed-out years ago, but continues to persevere... Unlike many.. he didnt take the money and run... he sacrificed a lot of himself to defy the odds.. and in some respects he has......

2) Josh Smith) It's shocking to me how polished he is for a 21 year-old with all the amazing skills in the world... and what's more overwhelming... he still has a lot more upside..... Just agonizing for him he plays in the abyss known as the Alanta Hawks.....he would receive more recognition if he played elsewhere... hopefully he'll get a chance to be a on a winner.....

3) Josh Howard) I absolutely despise the Mavs with great passion, however, I will give credit when credit is due......Josh Howard frightens me more than ever Dirk does...... He's one of the best all-round performers in the league...Whether or not he's putting the ball inside or banking it from the 3.. he's lethal...... He is assigned with guarding the opponents best players and often fairs well...... He can only get better as well.. and has been improving steadily each and every season....

4) LeBron James) Rarely does a player come into the league with all that hype and live up to it.... Quite honestly..he's exceeded it.... nothing else can be said.... he's greatness... not going to compare him to the past greats (because it's complex to compare/contrasts players from different eras), but he's elevating the game to a higher stratosphere and then some....

5) Kevin Garnett) Just a beast at nearly every facet of the game and has been doing it for so long.... Just very consistant.... lord... here's another player that deserves a better opportunity for a ring.....too bad his chances are diminishing.......

Honorable mentions:
Gilbert Arenas
Deron Williams
Luol Deng
Tayshaun Prince

scotsman13

Reaction score
dwight howard

chris bosh

chris paul

ray allen

and the last one zo (just because he fights so hard, heck i dont even watch him any more)

if you had asked me 15 years ago who were my favorite players i would have giving a great big list of people but the players today (for the most part) just dont hold a torch to some of the people in the past. heck look at chris mullen and reggie miller, you may not have liked to play agianst them but you know that they were classy players. look at some of the people like carmelo anthony and others big names today and you know they are a bunch of self centered cry babies who expect to be given everything that the greats of the past worked so hard for.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Deron Williams
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. Gilbert Arenas
4. David Lee
5. Tayshaun Prince
HM: Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, Ray Allen, Josh Howard, Andrei Kirilenko

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Kevin Garnett - Plays with passion. Looks like he loves to play basketball
Tim Duncan - Solid player on both ends. Professional and classy on and off the court.
Joe Johnson - Hard worker and cool demeanor on the court. Old school shooter.
Elton Brand - Works hard and comes to play. Another classy professional type player.
Ray Allen - Sweet jumper, quick release. Fun player to watch.

Top 5 former Wildcats. :)
Walton
Jefferson
Terry
D. Stoudamire
Bibby

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
In no particular order of course :

Shaq - Because he is hilarious and he hates kobe.

T- Mac - He is amazingly talented but he still is a very humble player, never really runs his mouth and I really respect that.

Chris Paul - Kid has an amazing grasp on how to lead his team and he's so young, I'm just amazed.

KG - Also for some of the same reasons that I like T-Mac.

Ray Allen - Even tho he kills the Suns most of the time, he's one of the best of all time. He has stuck it out in Seattle all this time even when they are horrible and stuck by his team. And you gotta love He Got Game.

HM for players not in the league:

Reggie Milller - Gave me some of the most memorable shots and moments of my childhood when watching basketball.

Jordan - obvious

CHRIS CHILDS - FOR PUNCHING KOBE! :thumbup:

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
1. kobe -- 81 points
2. LBJ -- the king
3. alonzo -- always on a poster
4. d. howard -- will destroy a backboard or bring it down someday
5. KG -- hard worker and deserves a 'ship

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
in no particular order:

Brandon Roy
Brent Barry
Andre Kirilenko
Lamar Odom
Bo Outlaw

Tentative mention: Sergio Rodriguez ::curses D'A::

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Dirk
Dwight Howard
Rip Hamilton
KG
Ray Allen

Honorable Mention: Tim Duncan, Brent Barry, Eddie House, Vince Carter, Jason Terry, Elton Brand, T-Mac

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard