Your top 5 favorite (non-Suns) players in the League?

mribnik

Reaction score
I can't name only 5. Most of these guys are not considered stars.

Darrell Armstrong
Monta Ellis
Emeka Okafor
Ben Gordon
Eddie House
David Lee
Chris Paul
Quentin Richardson
Ronny Turiaf
Anderson Varejao

I enjoy watching these guys play.

The player I enjoy watching least is..

Antoine Walker

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dirk Nowitzki - I'll probably get blasted for this but I don't care; I love his game. Especially since he's developed that swagger that he's been carrying the last couple years.

Chris Paul - It's too bad the Hornets have absolutely been decimated by injuries because I think they had a shot at the playoffs with everyone healthy, and Paul is a large reason for that. I know it's a pipe dream but I'd love to see him in a Suns uni to carry the tradition of top notch point guards wearing purple and orange.

i am 100% certain that somehow, someway, when it comes time for nash to retire the suns will either have acquired a master pg from the draft or will find a way to acquire to paul. in my modern suns memory they have gone without a top point guard for only the portion of the season during which we traded away marbury.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
1. LeBron James
2. Gilbert Arenas
3. Eddie Jones
4. Elton Brand
5. Dwight Howard

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Andre Iguodala – can do a little bit of everything and seems to play all-out all the time

Dwight Howard – just a beast, and no off-the-court shenanigans

Chris Bosh – I like the way he has developed his game, he has even hit a few 3’s this year

Rashard Lewis – a good all-around player, and I like guys that actually hit their free throws

Vince Carter – I like the way he has bounced back from his attitude problems in Toronto

Caveat: The main reason these guys are my favorites is because they are on my fantasy league keeper team (Amare also). We keep 8 each year, so I’m set for a while.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
A little late to the dance...

- Joe Johnson. What can you say? Smooth as silk. Players with his size and skill don't come around very often.

- Caron Butler. All out hustle. Didn't the Lakers trade him for Kwame?

- Manu Ginobili. Say what you want about him, but he's done stuff on the court that no one else has.

- Kobe Bryant. Cocky SOB, but he's on another level on the offensive end. I'm actually surprised when he misses.

- David Lee. I love smart, athletic players that hustle.

- Ray Allen. Has he ever missed a shot inside 40'?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
- David Lee. The next Dennis Rodman, a garbage guy (not a whiner like Shawn Marion whose self-importance does not make him a true garbage player) who does all the crap most guys complain about. Every team in the NBA wants this guy which you can't even say about some superstars in this league.

- Dirk Nowitzki. Never in NBA history have I seen a 7 footer do some of the things Dirk does. Also when he does win the NBA Finals at some point over the next few years (sorry guys, it's inevitable barring health), he will be the first European player in NBA history to lead his team to a championship. Terrific ambassador for the game as it expands globally and will be remembered along with guys like Jordan, Magic, and Bird.

- Kobe Bryant. I'm not afraid to admit the guy has more natural ability than any player I have ever seen. At 27 even MJ could never do some of the things Kobe is doing right now. If he had never screwed around on his wife and played for the Milwaukee Bucks he would be on pretty much everyone on this board's list.

- Gilbert Arenas. What can you say about Gil? In an era where pro athletes have publicists and ego's the size of Alaska, Gilbert just says whatever crosses his mind regardless of intent. Name one other professional athlete - even non-superstars - in any sport that would volunteer themself for police custody because their benchwarmer 12th man teammate was getting arrested?

- Ben Gordon. Clutch as hell and one of the best young players in the league. Has not thrown a tantrum once about coming off the bench and we've all seen players with a quarter of his talent, ability, and production bitch about PT.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
1. Joe Johnson
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Tracy McGrady
5. Jamal Crawford

Errntknght

Reaction score
Generally I like players that over achieve relative to their natural talent but sometimes its something else about him that appeals to me. Here are five that come to mind...

David Lee
Paul Milsap
Dwight Howard
Kirk Hinrich
Andrew Bynum

I hate Deron Williams - an instinctive reaction at first but now because if Utah beats us, it will most likely be him sticking in the dagger.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i'm a sonics fan so I can't use him, but I absolutely love Ray Allen - I always appreciated his shot but now I appreciate so much more - he's good off the dribble, he will dunk on you, he's a great teamate and isn't as bad as his defensive rap

now onto my top 5 non-sonics:

AI - loved watching him in Philly - this guy plays so damn hard and does stuff that others just can't do - he's pure entertainment, a shame he couldn't figure out some of the other stuff involving the game

Dwayne Wade - liked the guy at marquette, like him now - he gets a lot of hype, but it's deserved - top 10 in scoring & assists, plus a pretty good defender - not afraid to have the ball in the clutch

LeBron - i really didn't want to like this guy coming into the league - but i've been very impressed - he's fun to watch and has a great all around game

Elton Brand - just a rugged double double - to me an underappreciated player that gets such amazing position on the blocks - i like footwork and bigs who know how to move - watching that aspect of his game is incredible

Malik Rose - yeah Drexel!

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
1) Dwight Howard. Greats young talent, great player.
2)Jason Kidd. Reminds me somewhat of nash, and is a great guy off the court
3)LeBron.
4) Kevin Garnett
5)Ray allen

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am 100% certain that somehow, someway, when it comes time for nash to retire the suns will either have acquired a master pg from the draft or will find a way to acquire to paul. in my modern suns memory they have gone without a top point guard for only the portion of the season during which we traded away marbury.

Yes, it seems the Suns have been more than blessed with good PG's. However, the Suns have always seemed to have a dearth of good big men with the obvious exceptions of Stoudemire and Nance. Thinking of Nance, would'nt a young Larry Nance be the perfect fit on the current Suns frontline?

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
How can you be a Suns fan and like Dirk.
Give me a freakin' break!

Howard
Redd
Lebron
Chris Paul
Garnett

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chris Paul
Caron Butler
David Lee
Tim Duncan
Danny Granger

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gilbert Arenas
LeBron James
Chris Paul

I could only think of 3 and they aint my favorites, I just like watching them play..

Esther

Rookie
Reaction score
Shane Battier
Sergio Rodriguez
Tim Duncan
Elton Brand
Joe Johnson

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lord... limiting to just 5 is very complex... True, I follow/root strictly for just one team (the Suns), but through playing Fantasy basketball all these years one tends to gain a vast appreciation towards many individual players.....

Here's my list of 5 and in no particular order:

1) Grant Hill) I guess it's because many of you know I grew-up following the Pistons prior to when I moved out here in '02.... I was so elated when the he was drafted out of Duke in '94.... I had visions of him elevating the NBA to a higher level, but obviously all his well documented battles with injuries prevented him that greatness... However, he's still a very solid player, but just wondered what if..... He's very unselfish....extensively involved in the community... just unfortunate that he may never win a title.. he's probably the most deserving player right now of someone who hasnt won (besides anyone whos currently on the Suns)... Hill could have bowed-out years ago, but continues to persevere... Unlike many.. he didnt take the money and run... he sacrificed a lot of himself to defy the odds.. and in some respects he has......

2) Josh Smith) It's shocking to me how polished he is for a 21 year-old with all the amazing skills in the world... and what's more overwhelming... he still has a lot more upside..... Just agonizing for him he plays in the abyss known as the Alanta Hawks.....he would receive more recognition if he played elsewhere... hopefully he'll get a chance to be a on a winner.....

3) Josh Howard) I absolutely despise the Mavs with great passion, however, I will give credit when credit is due......Josh Howard frightens me more than ever Dirk does...... He's one of the best all-round performers in the league...Whether or not he's putting the ball inside or banking it from the 3.. he's lethal...... He is assigned with guarding the opponents best players and often fairs well...... He can only get better as well.. and has been improving steadily each and every season....

4) LeBron James) Rarely does a player come into the league with all that hype and live up to it.... Quite honestly..he's exceeded it.... nothing else can be said.... he's greatness... not going to compare him to the past greats (because it's complex to compare/contrasts players from different eras), but he's elevating the game to a higher stratosphere and then some....

5) Kevin Garnett) Just a beast at nearly every facet of the game and has been doing it for so long.... Just very consistant.... lord... here's another player that deserves a better opportunity for a ring.....too bad his chances are diminishing.......

Honorable mentions:
Gilbert Arenas
Deron Williams
Luol Deng
Tayshaun Prince
your on point when talking about josh howard. When he started shooting the ball from the outside........he became an all-star caliber player. He is their best overall defender because he can guard different positions. He is a great rebounder as well.
My favorite non suns/mavs
1. T-Mac......He is a joy to watch(except when against dallas).
2. Kobe Bryant....same as above
3. Manu Ginobli.....I hate the spurs, but they are a complete team. He has some creativity to his game that others in the league don't have. Suns fans know what i mean.
4. Wade.....like kobe and t-mac he is a complete player. He takes over games when it counts most. He does get to the free throw line a lot(sometimes when he shouldn't), but it's because he never is shy to go to the cup.
5. couldn't think of a 5th....so i had to go with nash. No need to explain why.

Reaction score
Non-Suns or non-favorite team?

Dirk, Jet, Howard, Damp, and Harris - but you knew that.

Non Mavs:
Nash
LJ
Kobe
Dwight
Kidd

sandeepgm

Reaction score
Dirk, Lebron, Duncan, Rasheed(when his game is on) and Josh Howard.

The player i absolutely despise is Antoine Walker. I cant just stand that smug face of his. He is a worthless chucker.