VB 3.6.1 upgrade

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Chandler Mike just upgraded this board to vb 3.6.1. This was mainly for security and deterring spammers.

There are some new features now. I will go into them later when I get some time, but probably the most noticable one is now that when you quote a post, there will be a hyperlink back to the original post in the quote.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like that when I click on an arrow on a thead name from the main forum, it doesn't take me to the last post anymore, ugh.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Something I just noticed (and it might not be a new feature), was was that if you double-click the little box next to a forum that signifies whether a forum has new unread posts, it will automatically make the forum read.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Hey all,

Chandler Mike just upgraded this board to vb 3.6.1. This was mainly for security and deterring spammers.

There are some new features now. I will go into them later when I get some time, but probably the most noticable one is now that when you quote a post, there will be a hyperlink back to the original post in the quote.

test

OP
OP
jw7

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Private Messaging enhancements

1. If you have your User CP set up to receive an email notification, you will get a preview of the private message text in the email body.

2. If you are a recipient of a private message that was copied to others, you will now see a list of all recipients copied on the message (FINALLY!)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's a new feature i just noticed: when you mark a forum "read," it doesn't take you out of the forum. i like that.

Something I just noticed (and it might not be a new feature), was was that if you double-click the little box next to a forum that signifies whether a forum has new unread posts, it will automatically make the forum read.

I am loving both of these!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Something that is odd I noticed is that, in addition to Jenna's post about marking forums read WHILE INSIDE THEM, the forum will be marked as read AFTER you leave the forum--for some reason it doesn't "reload" to show all the threads marked as read while you are still inside the forum.

For example, if you're in the EE forum and the top 4 topics are still marked as having unread posts, if you go to the menu and "Mark Forum as Read", the posts will still be marked as unread until you leave the forum and/or return to it.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Something that is odd I noticed is that, in addition to Jenna's post about marking forums read WHILE INSIDE THEM, the forum will be marked as read AFTER you leave the forum--for some reason it doesn't "reload" to show all the threads marked as read while you are still inside the forum.

For example, if you're in the EE forum and the top 4 topics are still marked as having unread posts, if you go to the menu and "Mark Forum as Read", the posts will still be marked as unread until you leave the forum and/or return to it.

:shrug:

i don't have that problem.