Zion Johnson at 23?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zion Johnson was just on GMFB. He’s an impressive young man. Very versatile & very intelligent. Wouldn’t be surprised or upset if he’s our pick. Definitely the kind of kid that Keim would like.
I think he is there at #23 unless DAL decides to jump ahead of us and take him. They lost Conner Williams and could look for his replacement. Now if he, Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Jermaine Johnson, Kayvon Thibodeaux or Derek Stingley are still available that will make for a tough decision.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bet none of these dues will be available forbidding an off the field accident.
There have been numerous slides in past drafts for stuff we don't find out until draft day. Tunsil sliding for bong pic is the most recent that comes to mind. Plus who knows what GM will make a reach pick ahead of us.

No one knows what is going to happen draft day.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which is why I said:
It may not even be that. Maybe someone reaches ahead of us because they don't think the guy will be there when they pick in Round 2 or some owner flies a guy in for a last minute private workout and falls in love.

Again no one knows what goes down behind the scenes.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would be freaking ecstatic, riding high above a radiant rainbow overwhelmed with joy and elation, our running game would thrive and especially our young QB will be protected and finally learn to trust his pocket... hence, this will not happen, but instead under clouds of distraught and confusion, I will have to find out who this undersize WR or versatile LB is, who I have never heard of, and try to convince myself that Keim is just smarter than your average GM :raccoon:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol honestly havent heard of him time to go to youtube highlights area :) lol

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Would be a solid but unexciting pick. Versatility and intelligence are pluses.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I see him as an acceptable fallback. He’s has the potential to be a starter at either guard or center. Likely not an immediate starter but solid long term potential. I think the Cards have more urgent needs at WR & Edge but certainly they need to strengthen the O-Line. I expect a major run on WRs after the halfway point of round 1. Edges will also be stripped throughout the entire round. If there’s nothing desirable at either position at 23, I’m good with taking Johnson.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You know Walter Mitchell would love the pick.

"My guess is that he will be selected as an interior lineman and the team that feels he will be an upgrade at center will play him there. If a team has a good center then it looks to me like he will play guard until he is needed to play center."

That sounds like us.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO there will be a run on WRs and the top 5 will be gone before the Cards pick and the Cards will draft an Edge Rusher. I do like Zion Johnson but I think the need for a rusher is too great for them to pass.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO there will be a run on WRs and the top 5 will be gone before the Cards pick and the Cards will draft an Edge Rusher. I do like Zion Johnson but I think the need for a rusher is too great for them to pass.

Whether it's pass rush or thickening the interior of our D-line, this is clearly a more pressing need than O-line in 2022.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn