Zaven Collins vs Isaiah Simmons

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I saw he ran a 4.67 40, and knowing that is at a pro day you have to add at least a tenth of a second to that.

4.7 is a slow mlb in today’s nfl.

I see his 10 yard time is much better now that I looked it up, but he does not look that fast to me on video.

He might be ok if he drops 30 pounds, but I don’t know I just am not that excited by what I am seeing from him.

4.70/4.75 for a 6'5 260 lb guy are good numbers in any case
Then the 10yards split was good and showed to be explosive with vertical and broad jump

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The nfl has changed a lot since dansby was in his prime.

I just don’t think you want 260 pound lumbering mlbs anymore. TE coverage is more important than stopping the run now.

Thats why keim look at him for the olb role
Don't know if it's right thing, but I just hope we go CB with horn/newsome

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The nfl has changed a lot since dansby was in his prime.

I just don’t think you want 260 pound lumbering mlbs anymore. TE coverage is more important than stopping the run now.
When was dansby ever 260? I thought he was 245.

and the size doesn’t matter if you can move. Collins can move.

Reaction score
If the Cards decide that Zaven Collins is the choice at #16 or in a trade down, let’s take a look at how they compare from a physical and football skill standpoint.

Height-even. Both are 6’4” or 6’5”
Weight-advantage Collins
Speed-advantage Simmons
Strength-advantage Collins
Long Speed-advantage Simmons
Short area explosiveness-even
Open field tackling-advantage Collins
Coverage-advantage Simmons
Experience playing linebacker-advantage Collins
Versatility-even
Rushing the passer-advantage Collins
Ability to play deep coverage-advantage Simmons
Ability to play on the edge-advantage Collins
Run defense-advantage Collins

Conclusion-combined Simmons and Collins offer talent, size, speed, pass rush, coverage skills.
Would great to add collins

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He is roughly 6' 5" 259 lbs just about the same as Chandler Jones. Bottom line he is really an OLB.

I know this concept is NOT popular on this board but if I'm drafting Collins, I'm drafting him as Chandler Jones replacement. I'm telling him to get ready to be a leading sacker for years to come.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this concept is NOT popular on this board but if I'm drafting Collins, I'm drafting him as Chandler Jones replacement. I'm telling him to get ready to be a leading sacker for years to come.

It's popular with me, it makes sense to draft a replacement for Chandler. Having Chandler Jones, JJ Watt, Marcus Golden and Zavier Collins; the Cards could put constant pressure on the qb. Nothing wrong with rotating them through-out the game so they don't get burned out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think if you draft Collins you draft him to be more an all round OLB that can drop back into coverage, close down scrambling QB's in space and be a TFL nightmare for RB's. Chandler is more a pure pass rusher.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think if you draft Collins you draft him to be more an all round OLB that can drop back into coverage, close down scrambling QB's in space and be a TFL nightmare for RB's. Chandler is more a pure pass rusher.

Oh I understand that. Apparently that was why Suggs was such a bad fit in Joseph's scheme, he couldn't drop into coverage which forced Jones to drop into coverage more. Collins could play opposite for a year in more coverage situations, rotating with Golden and Jones.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're too hung up on stuff that worked 3 years ago and what stuff didn't work a year later

Each situation is unique. If not, threr would be no changes in team performance/results from year to year.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure I read that they weren't going to do that because they wanted him on the field and not being confused. That was before TC so I guess they just got stupid.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve said it for a while now. If he stays healthy, Simmons will easily be a pro bowler this year. By next year, he will be a top 10 defensive player in the league.

I hope so
But still too early to raise the bar
Often high expectations lead to disappointment

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So in his first rookie year and basically with no enough practices the coaches decided to use Simmons in 5 different roles
Its already hard for a rookie to assimilate a position and in a very particular year with less reps then ever they used him in multiple positions
They must be a group of genius, i wondering why just the rookies have the wondelic test and the coaches don't

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ Watt is already worth the money as a team mate, leader and as part of the community.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited: