Zach Allen Signs with Denver

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seemed inevitable. We are building for the 2024 season. Not only will they not pay their own players top money this offseason, I don't think we'll pay any free agents significant money as well.

What do we have, 11 picks right now in the draft? I see them clearing the way to play all the rookies for development. They'll focus on getting Kyler healthy and then we'll have a ton of cap space to go spend next offseason. Just a prediction.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seemed inevitable. We are building for the 2024 season. Not only will they not pay their own players top money this offseason, I don't think we'll pay any free agents significant money as well.

What do we have, 11 picks right now in the draft? I see them clearing the way to play all the rookies for development. They'll focus on getting Kyler healthy and then we'll have a ton of cap space to go spend next offseason. Just a prediction.
11?? Isn’t it 8?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Every team tries this approach and most fail. And what is the point when you don’t re-sign them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Failure is more on Keim than Monti.

Byron and Allen played well enough in 2021 that Keim could have gotten ahead of it.
lol. Imagine going directly to excuse-making for Michael’s second choice for the role.

We have top 10 cap space right now. The price will only go up next year. Cap space isn’t going to rush the passer in 2023.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Every team tries this approach and most fail. And what is the point when you don’t re-sign them.
Steve Keim would have overpaid Allen and Murphy to stay since those were his guys. I just have a feeling that the "Patriot" way, aka Monti way, is going to be to build primarily through the draft.

The more I think about it the more I think we aren't hanging onto the 3rd pick. I also think Monti may feel overwhelmed with the Kyler contract he inherited so he is clearing the cap space starting now.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. Imagine going directly to excuse-making for Michael’s second choice for the role.

We have top 10 cap space right now. The price will only go up next year. Cap space isn’t going to rush the passer in 2023.
Cap Space does pay for fired coaches and a plane though

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah personally I loved Allen and it was cool to see him grow every year. Again, I'm just thinking about the "Patriot" way. They let go of Chandler freaking Jones, it isn't surprising to me that the new regime didn't resign Allen, especially considering next year already seems like a wash of a season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I don’t like it, but I kind of understand it.

i think the plan is to get a ton of picks in this draft by trading down, like 15 or more, fix our cap situation, and hopefully coach them all up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA